UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358164 times)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Pilkington seems to be getting some stick which is odd as everyone I spoke to was wishing him the best.
http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/07/05/contracts-anthony-pilkington-is-only-the-latest-to-show-they-me/

While many Huddersfield supporters fume, it appears club owner Hoyle is happy to indulge Pilkington's whims, and he told the club's website:
"Anthony has supported me in trying to get the best deal for the club which shows me how much he cares." How much he cares? He clearly couldn't care less. Truly a case of having his cake and eating it. Many Huddersfield supporters will wish him well. Many more, however, will no doubt hope it makes him just a little bit sick.
I completely disagree with this article. Now is the best time to sell pilks we have no idea how he will come back from the injury and his sale will fund our player saleries for half a season at least. Sell him cash in all the best in the future he was great for us.

The article also questions CMS transfer. All I can say about it is that I was surprised but all the better for Brighton

tomtom

• forum hero

It's good, but I hope you dont wear it at the kc, there will be some sort of grim stripe colour explosion thing.. Even 3T would object! ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
Ahhh.. Special fwends..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
So so wrong.  :chair:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I completely disagree with this article. Now is the best time to sell pilks we have no idea how he will come back from the injury and his sale will fund our player saleries for half a season at least. Sell him cash in all the best in the future he was great for us.

I completely disagree with it too, a complete load of bollocks! Clubs sign players on longer term contracts nowadays for precisely this reason. If a club from a higher division (or just one with more money and clout) comes in for them then at least they're guaranteed a fair price instead of losing them for a pittance in the last year of their contract or for fuck all once it runs out.

As the Brighton fan with the first comment points out, we lost Elliott Bennett to Norwich but because he had three years or so on his contract we got a good price for him whereas Glenn Murray let his contract run out and then fucked off to Palarse for a few quid more a week. The cash from the Bennett transfer bought us Will Buckley and Will Hoskins but all we gained by losing Murray was not having an unproven at that level, liable to sulk, uncommitted twat on the payroll. I've not heard one Albion fan complain about Bennett, good luck to him.

The article also questions CMS transfer. All I can say about it is that I was surprised but all the better for Brighton

Lambert would have in all probability added Craig Mackail-Smith to that list of in-comings had not the former Peterborough forward not shown a shocking lack of ambition by chosing a sideways move to Brighton instead in a quite baffling transfer.

Yeah this just goes to show that this lad knows fuck all about what he's writing about as if he'd bothered to look into what CMS, Poyet, Barry Fry etc have said about the transfer and CMS' reasons for choosing Brighton then he'd know that this is total horseshit.

Interestingly he could have found out some of the facts just by reading an article on the same website!

http://www.fanhouse.co.uk/2011/07/05/craig-mackail-smith-brighton/

tomtom

• forum hero
Pork and P0rn...

Looks like Hull have lined up a pig products sponsor along with Cash Convertors... ;)  Classy eh!

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Pork-firm-Cranswick-sponsor-KC-Stadium-stand/story-12882628-detail/story.html

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
This is really funny:
Gary Neville. Now you ARE a dickhead. You have no redeeming features and I shudder to think that you might be punditing/co-commentating on Sky Sports next season. Could they pick a bigger dickhead? Probably not. You are one, end of story. But still, this article is not about you mainly because you are SUCH a dickhead that I refuse to give you the satisfaction of winning something, even if it is a “biggest dickhead” award.

http://magicspongers.blogspot.com/2011/07/dickheads-1-graeme-souness.html

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Pork and P0rn...

Looks like Hull have lined up a pig products sponsor along with Cash Convertors... ;)  Classy eh!

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Pork-firm-Cranswick-sponsor-KC-Stadium-stand/story-12882628-detail/story.html

At least you've got some sponsors, apparently ours had an opt-out clause if we got relegated and the club didn't think to have a backup plan in place. It's odd but kits now look like School/Pub league without a massive logo on the front.  Don't suppose the utterly vanilla nature of this example helps.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
At least you've got some sponsors, apparently ours had an opt-out clause if we got relegated and the club didn't think to have a backup plan in place.

That's pretty shambolic. :wall:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Plattsy

• forum hero
Potentially the new Wednesday strip (could be a fake image which means someone has far too much time on their hands). Which I think looks pretty good even without a sponsor.

tomtom

• forum hero
I like the sponsorless blues strip Nai. Its very clean and classic. I suspect it may well become a Blues collectors item if it remains sponsorless..

I quite like the Everton goalies shirt! Its a stupid idea for a goalkeeper strip mind, as he's probably the most important player to be highly visible on the pitch! I remember reading somewhere that Cech plays in horrible bright luminous shirts deliberately to make his visual presence known. To home and away players alike... dominate, not camoflague :) Though to hide in that part of Liverpool it may be better to have some sort of red brick industrial grey deriliction camo type effect ;)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Just saw on twitter pilkington has gone to norwich so no more of this for us

Music is a little over the top.

on the bright side our chairman has said "It is a multi-million pound deal which could easily prove the best in the club's history."
So thats good for us financially sor who we gonna buy
 :popcorn:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I like the sponsorless blues strip Nai. Its very clean and classic. I suspect it may well become a Blues collectors item if it remains sponsorless..
I must admit that i posted only having really seen the thing as a whole, which is too blue and I don't like, and the away really does look like a pub kit, but seeing it now in isolation it is actually growing on me.

I quite like the Everton goalies shirt! Its a stupid idea for a goalkeeper strip mind, as he's probably the most important player to be highly visible on the pitch! I remember reading somewhere that Cech plays in horrible bright luminous shirts deliberately to make his visual presence known. To home and away players alike... dominate, not camoflague :) Though to hide in that part of Liverpool it may be better to have some sort of red brick industrial grey deriliction camo type effect ;)

The away (wtf?) one is even less visible

I suspect goalie shirts don't sell that well and some gimp in a marketing department thinks this will appeal to the pre/teen market.  I can visualise the pitch from the moment the everton board gasped in horror upon unveling to the moment he announced how many extra units they expected to shift and the gasps turned to an excited murmur.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Fiend has already ordered one.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak

Fiend has already ordered one.
;D

in other news
O'Shea and Wes brown are having medicals at sunderland. They have already signed darren gibson. Sun Utd are definately getting a red devil feel to the place.

Charlie admas finally joins liverpool but miss out on Downing. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14051735.stm
Modric is told he can't leave

Man U are spending are trying shit load of money as well.
This has been a great transfer window so far. The total spend at the end will be an interesting total.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Speaking of which I read this interesting piece on the subject last night:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/06/premier-league-big-guns-austerity

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
This has been a great transfer window so far.

Unless your a gooner like me, usual story.... >:(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
Console yourself with the Rumour Mill?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/the-rumour-mill-arsenal-benzema-lavezzi

I'm trying to cheer myself up, but I'd rather have a 17million center half and a midfielder who can kick lumps out of people, than another 2 strikers.

tomtom

• forum hero
Console yourself with the Rumour Mill?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/07/the-rumour-mill-arsenal-benzema-lavezzi

I'm trying to cheer myself up, but I'd rather have a 17million center half and a midfielder who can kick lumps out of people, than another 2 strikers.

It must be frustrating, but had you just been relegated, be about to go into insolvency or be sponsored by the News of the World I would have sympathy, but its not like Arsenal dont have the money to splash around is it...? Fabregas going has been the longest running rumour in living memory (3 years???)... ArseholeWanker will find a way or conjour some new wunderkind from no-where...

PS - from a non arsenal fans perspective I love them... I dont mind them not winning anything - they're great to watch...

Plattsy

• forum hero
Potentially the new Wednesday strip (could be a fake image which means someone has far too much time on their hands). Which I think looks pretty good even without a sponsor.

Not sure what went wrong there. Here's another go. The logo on the back below the collar is a bear for the Childrens Hospital I think.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Not sure what went wrong there. Here's another go. The logo on the back below the collar is a bear for the Childrens Hospital I think.

I quite like that wednesday top, its simple and traditional. Also reminds me of my favourtie hudds top from (quite) a few years ago:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal