UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357975 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
That makes me feel old. I was meant to be studying for final year high school exams and Grubes was being born.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I'd left school, flunked college and in my first period of full unemployment.
Remember watching the game in my sunday-league team's pub, one of the guys brought his luxuriously massive 26" tv down for the night and 15 of us gathered round it in a corner. 
1-2 down, that Barnes cross, ball falling onto Lineker's head, how the fook didn't he bury it?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

1-2 down, that Barnes cross, ball falling onto Lineker's head, how the fook didn't he bury it?

Remember it well. I was 11.

This is a rather good video.......if you're me:

:thumbsup:

See Hughton's been appointed at Birmingham. Gotta be a good thing for your lot there nai.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Yes happy with Hughton, positive appointment,

sums up why if you've time: http://www.oftenpartisan.co.uk/archives/1897/hughton-a-tactical-analysis-part-i.html

nice vid, looks a great stadium, exciting times ahead for both our clubs.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Yeah, with hoofball seemingly at an end it'd be interesting to keep the likes of Jerome and Zigic and let them show they can do more than chase down and hold-up or knock-on long balls.  Pretty unlikely though so I guess they'll remain rubbish in the eyes of the majority of Blues fans.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Jesus wept.

There's a link in there btw, but it's flagged and the article itself is work-safe.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:46:27 pm by aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB »

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
And if you really must know what a "hate-mongering repellent piece of filth" thinks about it…

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Happy birthday

:) they didn't call you Diego by any chance?
Thanks and nope ... Luke.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Looks like the frustration of watching England isn't going to improve anytime soon - U17's

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
And if you really must know what a "hate-mongering repellent piece of filth" thinks about it…

Fucking hell, The Fail is absolutely unbelievable. There's probably a piece elsewhere in the same edition complaining about the sexualisation of young girls because of watching tv. They're not even going for their usual "disapproval plus pictures" angle, just full on approving of it! CUNTS.

tomtom

• forum hero

Fucking hell, The Fail is absolutely unbelievable. There's probably a piece elsewhere in the same edition complaining about the sexualisation of young girls because of watching tv. They're not even going for their usual "disapproval plus pictures" angle, just full on approving of it! CUNTS.

All the nipples look the same. I wonder if there is now a nipple button in photoshop?

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Something is rotten in the state of Caledon.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20110624/hearts-statement_2241384_2381659

Hearts statement

The Hearts Board of Directors has issued the following statement in relation to outside influences on players and the club.

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

"Every year Hearts fights to be in the top 3, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level.

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles, and you don't need to do that. Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder. We are standing in their way not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want. As such they undermine us in every possible way they can.

"The task of the club is to tear these kids out of hands of criminals."

Hearts.TV and Hearts News will be with the squad all the way next week as Jim Jefferies put his players through a tough training camp in Tuscany.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Lots of speculation in the "local" press that Connor Wickham is going to Sunderland with figures of £13m being bandied about.  :o

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Who says FIFA are a useless bunch of cunts? They've got England as the 4th best team in the World so they obviously know a fair bit about the game:

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

:wall:

tomtom

• forum hero
Robbie DeMatteo is now chelski's #2...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Who says FIFA are a useless bunch of cunts? They've got England as the 4th best team in the World so they obviously know a fair bit about the game:

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

:wall:
#

About the highest I can remember us being with about the worst player/management/tactics combo I can remember us having.  Better than Brazil, Italy & Messi somehow.  Crock of :shit:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Lots of speculation in the "local" press that Connor Wickham is going to Sunderland with figures of £13m being bandied about.  :o

Done deal for £8m rising to £12m, I feel done now only getting £6m for Gardner.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Meanwhile, another fit and proper owner faces a few minor problems:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-13970534

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
And Chris Hughton wonders what the fuck he's gotten himself into.  Apparently he didn't realise he had to win promotion first go after selling all his best players and replacing them with several Bosmans, a few kids, some dodgy loans and a huge points deduction.

Meanwhile Alex McLeish has his feet on his desk manically laughing to himself.  Good for him, perfect timing.

Meanwhile Colin Calderwood's preparing a few backtracking statements for the Edinburgh press.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
And Chris Hughton wonders what the fuck he's gotten himself into.  Apparently he didn't realise he had to win promotion first go after selling all his best players and replacing them with several Bosmans, a few kids, some dodgy loans and a huge points deduction.

If that's true then Hughton was the only person who didn't know!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
He will have know the players were going, just the points deduction he wasn't expecting.  If we start next season it could be with just one first team regular from last season, can't have happened too often before.  New manager, new team and no doubt new owners coming soon.

Bet the Premier League are breathing a big sigh of relief that we got relegated now and this isn't their problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal