UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357918 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Another great Swiss Ramble piece, this time re Swansea:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/06/swansea-city-back-in-big-time.html

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
WTF!?

Newcastle are selling Kevin Nolan to West Ham. Remind me again, who got relegated? Never a dull moment at the Toon!

:popcorn:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/15/newcastle-kevin-nolan-west-ham

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
What a mess. Apparently Pardew has been telling Nolan he wants him to stay for months. Nolan starts negotiations with Ashley for a new contract by asking for a five year deal, Ashley takes offence and offloads him to West Ham.

Ah cannot fookin beleev it man pet!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Saw at one point yesterday he'd been backed in to odds on but is now trading at 4.0 on Betfair so it's far from a done deal.....

http://tinyurl.com/3k23cpt

1.18 now.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Here's a sentence to make you feel old.

We had got married the day before and watched that game at my parents house with all our mates. Great day  :) (apart frim the IRA blowing up Manchester) The German squad that went on to win were staying at Mottram Hall and we have a picture of us in our wedding gear with all the German legends including Beckenbauer.  My mate nicked Klinsmans kit off his doorknob before he left the next day.

15 years married already !

rich d

• forum hero
As we're sharing, I missed Gazza's goal as I was having a slash in the pub bogs. 15 years!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Meanwhile.

Liverpool Sign Bent

http://bit.ly/4F5RzZ

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
As we're sharing, I missed Gazza's goal as I was having a slash in the pub bogs. 15 years!

That reminds me of the Boro v Chesterfield FA Cup semi in '97.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a8131_middlesbroughs-great-escape-day-third-division-chesterfield-should-have-reached-fa-cup-final

One of the best FA Cup games ever as Chesterfield went 2-0 up, ten man Boro pulled one back and then Chesterfield had a perfectly good goal disallowed AND nailed on penalty not given. Boro came back, went 3-2 up and the game looked to be over.

In a packed Broadfield, deep into extra time with the clock ticking down, aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB said "I'm going for a piss, they're bound to score" and this happened......

I remember the pub erupting and ARFK running out of the gents shouting "It worked! It worked!". Hilarious.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Highlights of the whole thing here. Worth a watch, amazing game. Around 4.15 for the disallowed goal etc...........

tomtom

• forum hero
As theres no football on the telly for the next few weeks... and we seem to be on a classic games tip.. how about this one:

Superb game... Aside from the hat-trick, theres a couple of Grobbelar howlers (how much??), Sherringham, LeTiss, Anderton, Klinsmann, Barmby, Walker etc.. worth the 8 mins :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Quality.

I'd forgotten how many decent players Boro had in that side that was "too good to go down" and went down.

So the fixtures are out and the compilers obviously have a sentimental side as Brighton play Donny Rovers at home on the opening day. Donny were the last team we played at The Goldstone and will be the first league game at The Amex. The circle complete, there will be tears.....

Aside from that the fixtures couldn't be a lot worse for me. Of the games that are nearish to me, there aren't any until November and that's Derby on a fucking Tuesday night. Then the next one is Leeds away in February.......when we're on holiday in Tenerife and then Hull a week later, the day after we get back! (I will still go).

Donny and Forest in March and Barnsley on 28th April look to be fine but will probably be shifted to some shit time due to Sky / weather / fixture congestion. Bollocks.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

tomtom

• forum hero
get used to those Tuesday night games.. theres loads of them in the Championship... it does mean plenty on the telly, but is  a bit of an odd night to go to games..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Wouldn't mind if it was just the Tuesday night fixture.  >:(

tomtom

• forum hero
Wouldn't mind if it was just the Tuesday night fixture.  >:(

Whats the score with getting away tickets.. do you have to be BHAFC member or seasonticket holder etc..? I know its not always straightforward..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I've never had to be registered or anything previously but I'll check before this season's games. Got long enough to wait!

tomtom

• forum hero
I think it also depends on the away ground. Sme clubs will happily sell to away fans direct, but some won't - meaning you have go deal with your own clubs booking shizzle - and they tend to want a membership/ticket something number..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
With the recent managerial appointments upsetting the fans who will get sacked first?

Alex McLeish - Went from local rivals. Recent record includes 2 relegations, plus side is he won the FA cup.
Steve McLaren - Fake dutch accent, Most boring brand of football I have seen england play.
Danny Wilson - just had a team relegated, managed local piggy rivals, Got a team to the play off finals, relegated the following season.

Not sure about the forest fans stance but the other will be on the managers back from before kick off.

My money is on McLaren

robertostallioni

• forum hero
"As a consequence of Mr Warner's resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained," said a Fifa statement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13845203.stm

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Cant say I remember the game but me dad and the midwife were rushing my mum so they could watch the match. It was the first match I watched
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:58:23 am by Grubes »

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Happy birthday

tomtom

• forum hero
Happy birthday

:) they didn't call you Diego by any chance?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal