UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357770 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
My interpretation was that by Owen implying Newcastle were poor.. It wasn't about the money, just that they were shit! ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yes he was and as I said. he's a prick.

I just think it's funny that they're moaning about all this cash that they chose to pay for / to him. More fool them! Also any mention of Keegan being in charge always raises a smile.

If they were really paying Owen £133k a week then he would have been the highest paid player in the country in 2006 wouldn't he? Madness.

tomtom

• forum hero
Speaking of keegan stories. It was mentioned that he may be returning to Fulham as manager... :D

Sorry, my sides are starting to hurt... Stop it, it's not funny now...
Really please...

'I'd LOVE it' if that were to happen... Stop now, please...

tomtom

• forum hero
That interview/outburst was an all time classic...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Some great stats re players salaries:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It reads like a Daily Mash article. Amazing.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Someone has actually bid £1300 for some mud, grass and white paint haven't they.

:blink:
sold to the idiot in the red

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Mcleish resigns after getting told your job is safe but you are going to lose a lot of your players and you have to win promotion this season

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?action=post;topic=11866.2675;num_replies=2683

Now if he goes to villa  :worms:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Dunno what's going on with your link Grubes but it's a very interesting situation.

You can't really blame McLeish for leaving (sorry nai). With the financial situation and the board giving him precisely fuck all with which to replace a load of players and supposedly push for promotion (or lose his job) he was on a hiding to nothing. However, going to Villa is another thing entirely!

Saw at one point yesterday he'd been backed in to odds on but is now trading at 4.0 on Betfair so it's far from a done deal.....

http://tinyurl.com/3k23cpt

:popcorn:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I agree, just wish he'd gone before letting half the squad go and signing Marlon King.

Blues are apparently not letting him talk to anyone and villa fans are far from happy about it too, so it may not happen.  But at least he's done what many thought impossible and united the city's supporters.

Anyway, we should now be able to land ourselves a top manager, we'll be quite a draw with a title to defend, the lure of European football and several million to spend (once you've sold the rest of the squad)

A year or decade or two of rebuilding ahead it appears.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I see David Moyes is 2nd favourite for the vile job.
I said on the train back across London after the cup final that McLeish would be Everton manager next season.  Moyes to Villa (similar size club, money to spend at last) and McLeish to Everton is a scenario I can envisage and would be preferable all round to the one currently playing out.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That would be logical. But this is football so who knows...

tomtom

• forum hero
That would be logical. But this is football so who knows...

Wheres King Kev when you need a good crazy man story :)

Personally I love the Uwe Rosler to Brentford news.... Didnt city fans have T shirts made up saying Uwe's (is it Uve?) dad bombed old trafford ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
I agree, just wish he'd gone before letting half the squad go and signing Marlon King.

King is a cnut, but general views are an effective cnut. He's not good for team harmony (unless the squad goes on GBH/Attempted rape nights out) but will get you enough goals to justify his wage...

His departure from Hull in our 2nd inglorious romp in the top flight co-incided with our dramatic (well pretty predicable really) downturn. Many of the luurcals whilst loathing the twat still think he did alot for the team when playing. Of course having punch ups with Deano on club nights out didnt do wonders to team morale...

You will have to get used to away fans chorus' of "she said no Marlon, she said no..." etc..

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Cov's POTY last season, but....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Prick Of The Year?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Personally I love the Uwe Rosler to Brentford news.... Didnt city fans have T shirts made up saying Uwe's (is it Uve?) dad bombed old trafford ;)

I believe that there used to be a saying\chant amongst the fans that ex-Man City goalkeeper Bert Trautmann had bombed "their" chip shop during the war. No idea about Ewe Rosler's grandad having rumoured to have done the same but I will make some enquiries tonight.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Dunno what's going on with your link Grubes but it's a very interesting situation.
aye  i screwed that one up was meant to be this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13743923.stm

Saying that bbc are reporting that the blues have rejected his resignation

in other news ... I would like to thank Nottigham Forest for signing that useless wanker Mclaren as manager. Not only has it made me not waste a tenner betting on them for promotion, he will be so shit that there is no chance he will return to the England job to pick up where he left off YYFY!!
BBC Sport - Steve McClaren confirmed as Nottingham Forest boss

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yes, what are Forest thinking?  :shrug:  :lol:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

It was an old City song with no basis in fact  :)   We're all psyched for Uwe getting the Brentford job.  There'll will be loads of City fans at their games next season.  The man is a legend.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Beat me to it FD - my Man City supporting mate confirmed the existence of the song tonight but the t-shirts were also made apparently and there is supposed to be a pic of Ewe wearing one somewhere out there. 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yes, what are Forest thinking?  :shrug:  :lol:

Cracking article here about what Forest might be thinking:

http://thetwounfortunates.blogspot.com/2011/06/ask-and-you-shall-get-sack.html

Seems to me that, like the FA with the England job, they've plumped for Mouldy because he's a yes man who wont kick up too much of a fuss. That worked out well.....

The article is spot on about Forest's attitude. Their fans (in general) do seem to have this idea that they are a "massive club" who have a "divine right" (insert further cliches here) to be in the top flight. It was the case when they were in League 1.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :no:
Beat me to it FD - my Man City supporting mate confirmed the existence of the song tonight but the t-shirts were also made apparently and there is supposed to be a pic of Ewe wearing one somewhere out there.

Here's a thousand pissed City fans singing it to the man himself in the Green Man beer garden at Wembley prior to the semi this year.

"Uwe's Grandad bombed the Stretford End"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal