UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358253 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Dalglish has signed a three year deal.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
any predictions aherad of the FA cup final? I think 2-1 man city after extra time.

Unfortunately I will not see the game as I will be on a coach on the motorway on the way back up from bournemouth. The coach is setting off at 5.30am  :blink: 12hours on a coach  :thumbsdown:

tomtom

• forum hero
any predictions aherad of the FA cup final? I think 2-1 man city after extra time.

Unfortunately I will not see the game as I will be on a coach on the motorway on the way back up from bournemouth. The coach is setting off at 5.30am  :blink: 12hours on a coach  :thumbsdown:

I hope Sjoke play football. I've not watched EPL this year (Championship focussed) so not seen them much on the idiot lamp.. but when I've seen them live in the last couple of years they've played what I can only describe as anti football. (I shall spare you a repeat of my practiced rant on this..). If they do, then game on. If they try and park the bus, and get City on the counter/set peice/long throw etc.. it'll be a grim game.

But - I'm looking forward to it as its the first non top three etc,.. final for ages, and could be a genuine contest. Change my perceptions of your tactics Stoke by playing some football...

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
They actually played really well in the semis when they blew Bolton away but Bolton didn't exactly pose much of a challenge and were all over the place!

They should put on a good show with Etherington/Pennant/Jones if they are all free of injury.

I can imagine Man City being just as negative if not more so.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I watched Stoke knock us out of the FA cup last season at COMS playing some wierd combination of mixed martial arts and basketball but they've been playing a much more recognisable proper game this season.  They have beat us 5 of the last 6 contests so I'm really nervous about tomorrow.  Pulis was Gillingham's manager in the Div 2 playoff classic in '99 that kickstarted City's return to the Prem so he's got another personal reason to want to win tomorrow.

Mrs FD had enough points on her seasoncard for a ticket so is heading to Wembley in the morning and I'm staying home to watch on TV.  Should be a proper cup final and hopefully a great game for football fans across the country.

C'mon you Blues!  :bounce:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
On TomToms's urging, I'd written this first paragraph on Da News thread but thought I'd repost here.

My Grandad George served in the Navy during both world wars.  He was a young kid of 14 or so and cabin boy/assistant to one of the senior officers at Scapa Flow when the German Navy scuttled their ships and was actually present at the meeting between the German officers and their British counterparts on one of the British vessels during the surrender - my uncle has the ship's bell off one of the German ships.  He was also a massive City fan (lived on Platt Lane) along with my other Grandad Rodney who was shot in Madagascar and shipped home wounded. They took me to my first games at Maine Road when I was tiny so I'll be thinking of them and my Gran Olive (who used to throw water at Utd fans from the upstairs window in her house in Dalton Avenue which was attached the stadium) tomorrow   :)  :'(

and then thinking on...

My first kiss was as 9 or 10 year old with a fellow Blue Joanne Parker, I bought her a City scarf and pendant necklace for her birthday & gave her a kiss in Bramhall park and laughed when I did it, unfortunately through my nose and a load of snot came out and ended up on her cheek.  She's now married to Paul Lake, the ex-City player and potential England superstar who succumbed to injury and never fulfilled his potential.

My wife Nic is a massive Blue.  Seasoncard holder, collector of memorabillia and she's on the phone now arranging to meet her mates tomorrow morning to catch a train to Wembley.  I'm going to head into Manchester or Stockport with Martin to find a Blue pub and enjoy the afternoon. 

It's all very exciting  :bounce:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
excellent result, enjoy the night FD.  you won't want it to end if you're anything like I was.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Man city deserved it better team on the day.
Quote of the day for me was from Balertelli "My season has been Shit! can I say that?" He was a bit good yesterday!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Brilliant - chuffed to bits.  Went into Mcr City centre and watched the game with loads of Blues in one of the big bars at the Printworks then  :beer2: and more  :pissed:.

It was bit one sided really and Sorensen made some fantastic saves. How did he turn away that long range shot from Balotelli?

Going to watch the game again this afternoon when the wife is back from Wembley.

(Grubes - I think he said 'This season I have been shit')... and yes, he was brilliant yesterday.

mrconners

• menacing presence
Sorry missed your call Friday night FD was caving (dont ask why). Was going to watch it but went to Wales. Just seen the game now on sky+.
Bloody fantastic, city just looked a top team. Quality, invention, brilliant passing and link up play, and with De jong in the middle we have real grit and a team who get stuck in. This is what Arsenal cant do and because of that we will take third place from them as well.

35 years eh. About time.
Im well chuffed.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
(Grubes - I think he said 'This season I have been shit')... and yes, he was brilliant yesterday.
Yea sorry FD was :pissed: myself on saturday. I just liked his honesty. Most of the time player will say I dint get any luck or try and blame anything he just gave a brutally honest response.

Good result for us now all we have to do is beat Bournemouth at home on wednesday then we are off for a day out to wemb ... oh wait I mean old trafford. (still a bit pissed off about that) Should be a decent crowd wednesday of around 16-18,000. hopefully we cant make it an intimidating place like millwall did to us last season.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
West Ham United demonstrate their class once again.  http://bit.ly/j5Fpwe

Duma

• forum hero
bit early to be logged on trawling for trivia isn't it? (I'm on nights and have an excuse - whats yours?)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Early night, no booze => early start.

Dr T

• forum hero
how much for Falcao?
Arsenal could do with a striker who plays and scores regularly....

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Fuck me. Did anyone see that? My heart cannot take a night like that.
Definitely a game for the neutral.

Oh well looks like am off to old Trafford!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Well done Hudds!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Was following it, horrible match to go through for fans of either club.  Just seen my neighbour, he looks about 10 years older than he did yesterday.  Bit dissappointed to be going to OT rather than Wembley but relieved to be through last night.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Was following it, horrible match to go through for fans of either club.  Just seen my neighbour, he looks about 10 years older than he did yesterday.  Bit dissappointed to be going to OT rather than Wembley but relieved to be through last night.
Just been chatting with all the town fans at work working hard  :whistle: we all look absolutely wrecked.
I spent a lot of the second half feeling sick with nerves. It was worst and one of the best games I have ever been to.

For the pens I was stood right in line with with goal line. I hate penaulties! I am getting my tickets for the final later on this morning hoping to get them behind the dug out right by the other set of fans.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Came on to post this
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/brian-sewell%27s-guide-to-the-relegation-battle-201105193838/

but reading this
Just been chatting with all the town fans at work working hard  :whistle: we all look absolutely wrecked.
I spent a lot of the second half feeling sick with nerves. It was worst and one of the best games I have ever been to.

my thoughts just turned to the Bournemouth fans at the game last night.  Imagine having been through that, lost, then having to travel 5-6 hours home.  Poor fuckers.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Some interesting suggestions in this piece

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/7266/38/

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Ahem!

For the pens I was stood standing right in line with with goal line. I hate penaulties! I am getting my tickets for the final later on this morning hoping to get them behind the dug out right by the other set of fans.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Ahem!

For the pens I was stood standing right in line with with goal line. I hate penaulties! I am getting my tickets for the final later on this morning hoping to get them behind the dug out right by the other set of fans.

Oh yeah. One other thing.

Come the final.

IT'S  NOT OK TO LOSE!!!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Amen to that, you're not going for a nice day out to a big stadium you're going to win.

and provide Jasper, bluebrad tomtom & me with another local game next season, thanks very much

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal