UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358256 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Congrats!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/09/david-sullivan-west-ham-relegation

"The fans should know, though, this club is in a worse financial position than any other in the country," he told the London Evening Standard.

:oops:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
But.....

http://twitter.com/EchoPeterBarron/status/67588086246277121

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's all Barrow's fault, apparently - it's already been repaired something like 22 times in 43 years.

But last time out Barrow, instead of sending it to proper welders and metalworkers at the shipyard entrusted it to a local scout troop earning a merit badge. Or something.

(According  to someone's "sources at the club" it's currently away "being cleaned") <cough>

tomtom

• forum hero
Great result arfk, very happy for you.

David Sullivan is an odious cunt

I agree -  (as in the cup result :) ) and on a less positive note, Sullivan should share a personal room in hell with Ken Bates and a plague of flesh eating locusts.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Interesting piece on the current / future state of Italian football:

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/5/10/thanks-inter-but-this-is-the-way-it-was.html

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
And a good thing on Bates and the Leeds ownership situation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/mattslater/2011/05/meet_the_new_boss_same_as_the.html

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
most people wake up with a hang over after the end of season do ... The welsh do it properly

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/909800/end-of-season-part?cc=5739   :'(

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
three points off the relagation zone and still the talk is about Europe.  What Liverpool need is a good pantomime audience

LOOK BEHIIIIIND YOU

Good to see my optimistic hope of grabbing a top 10 place looks to be granted and maybe the miraculous Europa league spot should we see off spurs!  ;D

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I'm hoping we can help you along tonight - I have a ticket and will be praying for a better result than on this fixture last year.  C'mon City!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
three points off the relagation zone and still the talk is about Europe.  What Liverpool need is a good pantomime audience

LOOK BEHIIIIIND YOU

Good to see my optimistic hope of grabbing a top 10 place looks to be granted and maybe the miraculous Europa league spot should we see off spurs!  ;D

Glad we're not still scrapping it out for a Europa League Spot  :whistle:

Yep   :guilty:  Massive turn around but I'm not going to laud Dalglish for making the difference as he was no doubt the cause of Hodgson's problems as he hung around in the wings awaiting his calling.  The squad were seemingly talented enough all along so quite why they shat on Hodgson like that is difficult to understand.

It'll be interesting to see whether Fergie calls it a day at 19 titles (and possibly another CL) having knocked Liverpool off their perch, as I always thought he would, or whether he stays on to see of the resurgent challenge.  With Chelsea, City and Arsenal all having money to throw at the title challenge, next season promises to be interesting.

The big battle looks like it's going to the wire, still nothing in it:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=7216

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I think I'm going to struggle to make up the 30-40 points in 2 weeks unless I can fluke the perfect captain for the remaining weeks. Made up I've been able to catch up using inform Liverpool players and not resorting to Cheslea/Man Ure to pull me out of it (Vidic apart!  :-[)

Really hope city hold on tonight, could do with the clean sheet too  :whistle:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
It'll only be about 20 points after the Hart clean sheet, hatrick from your captain and you can make up a laot of points, not ovr yet.

Nice one City, sounded like a great atmosphere, same again Saturday please.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 ;D Well well, we did it.  Tottenham played very well and had us pegged well back for most of the first half and we're lucky the Spuds don't have anyone who can finish.  Interesting gamesmanship from the whole Totteham side and 'Aarry... every time City had any spell of possession one of their boys would go down off the ball with some inexplicable injury so 'Arry could take stock and issue orders to the team.

Micah Richards was great, as was Silva who needs to take a few more shots rather than being generous/goal shy.  The game turned when Vierra came on and we were able to hold our midfield, and, much as I'm loathe to admit it, Tevez added something extra in spite of carrying a spare tire similar to mine after eight weeks out of climbing/football.

I'm hoping we can press on for third place.. much as the Champo's League is exciting, I'd rather see us pressure for the English Premier League than anything else.

Bring on Saturday now. It should be a cracking game with Stoke guaranteed Europa league futbah next year. 

CTID  :bow:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Congrats on top 4, maybe 3! Should be interesting to see who they get rid of and bring in during the summer.

I totally agree on the strange situation of Liverpool players not seeming up for it when Roy was around.. you would think they would try hard for the club/fans if not for the manager. A bit of a bad call from the owners if they knew about Dalglish being keen and waiting in the wings but i can see he was seen as a massive gamble having been away for some time. Just glad to see an upturn in form and performances regardless of league position (and with some local youngsters too!).

I don't know what Maxi has been having for breakfast but seems to be working  :strongbench:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I read a really good article (which I can't find) from a Liverpool supporter who rubbished the idea of Hodgson not being given a fair crack of the whip and opining that he, and others, might be excellent when managing at smaller clubs but that this was no indication that they could succeed at bigger ones.

Wasn't entirely sure I agreed with it all but it was a very well made point and I'm annoyed I can't find it!

Anyway. I'll be very interested to see what Liverpool do transfer / management setup wise in the summer as I reckon they might do rather well next season.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I'm not going to get too excited for next season after what happened last time we pushed United close!

It'll be hard to break the top 4 next season if Wenger actually goes out and signs some steely/mentally strong defenders as well as a regular goal scorer to share the burden with Van Persie.

I see City becoming a bit of a fixture with the depth of squad they will have, after yet more signings to cope with champions league football  :popcorn:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Does everyone expect Wenger to immediately do the right thing when it's taken him years to buy a few players with some steel as well as skill when what he needs is pretty much just steel.  He seems to be a slow, or reluctant, learner.  I agree with Iain Macintosh who suggested Phil Neville would have won them the league this year, a player content just to sit in front of the defence and snap away at anypone who caomes into his zone then distribute the ball.  Simple.  But can you imagine that unveiling, the disgust on Wenger's face at what he's been forced to do?

Liverpool will have a good chance next year, their only downfalling could be the lack of CL football but if Dalglish can sell the long term dream to some younger players they could produce a fresh hungry & exciting side.

It will be 5 teams with a chance, all with their flaws :popcorn: indeed 

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
PR for beginners

There's a right way.

And there's this way.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/darlington/9021398.Wembley_hero_Senior_slams_Quakers_as_he_is_released/

Darlington's Wembley winning goalscorer, Chris Senior, was released by the club this afternoon, just hours before the club's victory parade.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
definitely shit timing there.

Good quote from a fan below though:
One swallow doesn't make a summer and although I feel really sorry for Senior, Cooper has shown real backbone and not swayed by sentiment as this decision was probably made weeks ago. At least with Senior's display on Saturday it will stand him in good stead to get a club. Good luck for the future.

The article reads like he did not really expect a new deal as well just trying to get the fans on his side to sway the decision. Fair play for trying lad but a managers job is only ever a temporary and they have hard decisions to make the lad ended up on the wrong side of them.

If Darlo win promotion next season no one will care that your wembley hero was released

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal