UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357785 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Although if Huddersfield score more than 18 goals and Saints lose it will be irritating. An unlikely scenario though! :)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Although if Huddersfield score more than 18 goals and Saints lose it will be irritating. An unlikely scenario though! :)

I can dream ... Anyway looks like I am going to bournemouth away I would prefer MK dons never been there. Still do not believe they should be a league club on the brightside AFC wimbledon are in the conference play offs and 3 matches away from the football league.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Ken Bates buys Leeds United to put an end to speculation [about ownership]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/03/leeds-united-ken-bates-owner

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Ken Bates buys Leeds United to put an end to speculation [about ownership]
the real owners must be really dodgy if bates has bought a majority to stop people looking into it.
Saying that how any one can class bates as a fit and proper person is beyond me

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Mike Ashley in "those stupid fackin geordies will buy anything if you stick a club badge on it" non shocker:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/04/newcastle-united-reveal-home-kit-for-2011-12-72703-28632919/

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
C'mon Man United.

Win this one.

Then we can all sit round laughing as you're shellacked by Barça in the final and Messi and Xavi make Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown look like a right pair of twats.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
C'mon Man United.

Win this one.

Then we can all sit round laughing as you're shellacked by Barça in the final and Messi and Xavi make Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown look like a right pair of twats.

Well, i guess one team has to do a better job than any other english team this year.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
C'mon Man United.

Win this one.

+1

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Mike Ashley in "those stupid fackin geordies will buy anything if you stick a club badge on it" non shocker:

And not to be outdone, Boro pull out all the stops.....

:sick:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
But Ashley is too clever and has this up his sleeve for certain victory in the North East Shit Shirt Challenge!:

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=item&dept_id=07&sub_dept_id=15&product_id=180828#

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Did you mean to post the back?  Hard to say the play in stripes any more

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah I already posted the front. The addition of the hideous giant crest makes it even worse!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Ah yeah sorry, haven't checked this thread for a few days.  £65 for some garish polyester with a limited lifespan once a players name and PL logos, etc are on it? And people still buy them :ohmy:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
What it's like to support a crap football team.

there is no excuse for supporting any team other than the one that is most local to you when you were growing up. Everyone I know who breaks this simple rule supports a successful team – you never hear of someone growing up in Corby and supporting Stockport.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Brilliant.

And quite.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
So the FA are delaying the decision on QPR until after the weekend so that they know the outcome of the Leeds and Forest games before deciding how many points to deduct without dropping QPR out of the play-offs.  Am I being cynical or are the FA a bunch of cheating feckless retards?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's more simple than that. They should have sorted this whole mess out ages ago but they're fucking useless so they've left it til now. Now they're shitting themselves that if they get this judgement wrong, other club's lawyers are going to have the opportunity to turn it into an even bigger shitstorm than it already is so they're going through it all with a fine tooth comb to ensure that they do their best to cover their arses.

In short I think it's the usual story of the FA being a useless bunch of twats rather than any sort of conspiracy.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Or they've already made their minds up and.....

http://www.qprnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10013&start=15

;)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
If the FA wish to let the season run its course, which makes some sense, then why did they announce that they would make a decision today, before the last game of the season?

I agree that it's more likely that they are just useless rather than a conspiracy taking effect, however it would not surprise me that if Leeds stay in 7th then QPR will not be docked sufficient points to put Leeds into the play-offs or that if Leeds go up to 6th then QPR will be docked sufficient points to push Forest up into the play-offs too.   Now that is cynical.

Oh, and they'll find some way for West Ham not to be relegated, again, although this may be a bit more difficult to achieve.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
NO points deduction for QPR despite being found guilty on two counts. Not sure how the FA are going to justify that one!?

tomtom

• forum hero
NO points deduction for QPR despite being found guilty on two counts. Not sure how the FA are going to justify that one!?

Yes... I could see why there should be some fudge/cludge to allow them to be promoted this season (e.g. points lost next season etc.. or not losing enough this season to keep them in Champ) as it would be a right mess with the timing of the play offs etc..

But NO points... I'm interested in how this one is going to stack up...

rich d

• forum hero
Easy to justify for the FA they're a London club. Hopefully they'll be switched off now and let us bang six past them and forrest get turned over!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
let us bang six past them and forrest get turned over!
1-0 to QPR

rich d

• forum hero
Still need to just score six and keep a clean sheet and hope forrest lose. Think it's time to start drinking...

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Yay, yay, and thrice "yay!".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal