UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357805 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :guilty: Thanks for the reminder..  :wall:

Earlier post edited for the record.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Balotelli might well be an arsehole twat.

But he's not a drug-cheat cunt.

But I am on his side in this "stalker" case.

tomtom

• forum hero
I heard that Rio's stalker was in fact a drug tester calling for random tests  ;)

Excellent.

I'm right with you here FD and ARFK (I cant spell it out!)..

I couldnt believe the brass neck of ManU players having a go at Balotelli for kissing/stroking/lovingly caressing his shirt badge in front of *maybe* some manu fans.. FFS, how many times have united players done that... sore losers is what it looks like to me...

Following from my earlier post on Balotelli, if he had driven his lambo onto the pitch doing donuts in front of the manu fans, spraying them with poorly laid turf, whilst standing on the drivers seat showing his arse and having farts lit by SWP, then they may have cause to complain. Mud in the prawn sandwiches and all that...

tomtom

• forum hero

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Quality miss.

Two games to go in this weeks FF but at present (make the most of it while I can etc) I've jumped up to 4th.

:2thumbsup:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's probably not true but I heard that Balotelli said "look after my baby" to Ferdinand.

If it is then  :lol: and  :bow:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Can Jasper make a later surge and break in to the top 3  :popcorn:

I could do with Chelsea thumping Brum tonight with a Luiz goal and man of the match performance whilst lampard is sent off and they keep a clean sheet... Might be able to keep within touching distance of Ian then  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'd be more than happy with 4th! Can't see it lasting.

This is a good piece on the murkiness of club ownership. Didn't realise the situation at Birmingham was so messy. It doesn't sound good.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=12031

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
11 points is nothing, long way to go yet.

Ownership at blues has been a concern since day one they took over, of course it was all forgotten at about 6pm on 27/2/11 but there's too many stories around for it to be nothing, no smoke without fire, etc.  Nothing much to do but sit tight and see what happens. Que sera sera, etc

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol: thats mad!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Apologies if someone [Jasper?] has posted this already.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13158288.stm

Surely, if the company was unable to pay wages thus incurring unserviceable debt on a weekly [daily?] basis it was trading insolvently?

Then the directors become liable for all debts, can be declared bankrupt and the club sold as a debt-free entity by the insolvency practitioners ?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:32:05 am by aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB »

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
The way football club are run and the ownership is a dodgy issue.
A club needs some one rich, who loves the game and has a good business mind.
A lot of football clubs are run at a loss.

The FA does not help I saw this article a few days ago in my local paper.
http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2011/04/21/fa-tell-mps-we-don-t-know-who-owns-leeds-united-86081-28559305/
The FA do not know who owns Leeds yet they have passed the fit and proper person test[url]
What a joke!

Any way today I will mostly be supporting

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The most incompetent referee ever.

4 mins in.

Spot what he signals.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Hard to tell from this angle aLICE , looks like he's giving a corner , when all the evidence shows that it should definitely have been a goal kick ....... 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Looking forward to the game tonight especially after this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/27/josep-guardiola-jose-mourinho

Interesting views in the media. I tend to agree with these two:

http://twitter.com/OliverKayTimes/status/63168973243564032

Anyway....

:popcorn:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Good old Jose keeping it interesting. I was getting sick of the mind games and interviews at chelsea but the lack of Jose in the Prem is making me miss it ....

in other news today:
170 idiots Town fans set off cycling to brighton today ahead of the mtach on saturday all in aid of the Charity. All the riders pledged to raise £1000 for the keep it up campaign (50% to yorkshire air ambulance 50% to Hudds Town academy and local schools work). So if you see a sea of people wearing blue and white on bikes laugh at them.
Newspaper article
The first group is near wadsley Bridge, second near grenoside and third group near holmfirth

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:55:37 am by Grubes »

Teaboy

• forum hero
Apologies if someone [Jasper?] has posted this already.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13158288.stm

Surely, if the company was unable to pay wages thus incurring unserviceable debt on a weekly [daily?] basis it was trading insolvently?

Then the directors become liable for all debts, can be declared bankrupt and the club sold as a debt-free entity by the insolvency practitioners ?

From the article:

"an Irish property consortium has also been linked with a buyout at Home Park". A marriage of a badly run lower league football club and Irish Property developers, sounds like Plymouth Argyle supporters have nothing to worry about, their financial future is surely sound..........

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Pretty much.......

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/blogs/elliot-green/elliot-green-licensed-insolvency-practitioner-trials-and-tribulations/wrongful-tr

For some reason this never seems to happen with football clubs.

As well as paying off the club's creditors, any potential buyer of Plymouth Argyle will also have to pay the fees of administrator Brendan Guilfoyle, which currently stand at £228,626.

Ever get the feeling you're in the wrong job?

From the article:

"an Irish property consortium has also been linked with a buyout at Home Park". A marriage of a badly run lower league football club and Irish Property developers, sounds like Plymouth Argyle supporters have nothing to worry about, their financial future is surely sound..........

What could possibly etc

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Good old Jose keeping it interesting. I was getting sick of the mind games and interviews at chelsea but the lack of Jose in the Prem is making me miss it ....

in other news today:
170 idiots Town fans set off cycling to brighton today ahead of the mtach on saturday all in aid of the Charity. All the riders pledged to raise £1000 for the keep it up campaign (50% to yorkshire air ambulance 50% to Hudds Town academy and local schools work). So if you see a sea of people wearing blue and white on bikes laugh at them.
Newspaper article
The first group is near wadsley Bridge, second near grenoside and third group near holmfirth

So that's who the careering fuckers  blocking the bottom of Queens Rd up so cheerfully this morning were ...... 

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Hard to tell from this angle aLICE , looks like he's giving a corner , when all the evidence shows that it should definitely have been a goal kick .......

He is indeed young Grumpster, he is indeed.

[More importantly, how are you fareing on the PE xword?]

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
2-0

Messi.

I'm just disappointed this didn't happen yesterday - 26th April.

Never forget Real's associations, and never forget the past.

Some things are unforgiveable.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Looks like there's going to be some great S Coast rivalry in Championship next season. Saints going up too!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Bournemouth could still go up through the playoffs too (although I hope they don't and Huddersfield do).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal