UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357835 times)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Congratulations Jasper  :clap2:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Cheers.  ;D

Three more points for the title. 16,000 season tickets sold. Poyet talking of staying for ten years plus. Playing the best football I've ever known us play. It's all quite surreal.

Hope Huddrsfield can beat Saints to second place now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Well done Jaspers you desered it!!  :icon_beerchug:

Hope Huddrsfield can beat Saints to second place now.
In the immortal word of kevin keegan I would love it if we beat them.
Sadly I dont think I will get another away day in this season (unless we get play offs) now but I have been to every home game so feel I have done my part.

Our run in:
Charlton away - charlton have nothing left to play for?
MK dons away - Trying to stay in the play offs
Daggers home - fighting for there lives but looking good we only managed to draw 1-1 at there spot. and manged to go 2 up last night against brighton
Brighton away - There season will be over but last ever game at the withdean so expect roits also preety much sold out.
Brentford - Season over

Southampton run in:
Bristol Rovers home - Bristol fighting for there lives to stay up
Brighton away - Hopefully brighton will beat them to seal the title
Hartlepool home - season over
Brentford away - season over
plymouth away - season will be over by then relegated
Walsall home - fighting for there lives

IMHO Southampton have the better run in, better goal difference and a game in hand.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Indeed, Brighton supporters arguably have greater scope for optimism at the moment than any others in the Football League.

Can't argue with that!  :beer2:

tomtom

• forum hero
I suspect there may be a few happy members of UKB tonight.

BHAFC Champions
Brum beat Sunderland to ease their relegation woes...
I watched Hull beat Donny 3:1 (inlcuding the most incredible miss ever. A blind immobile donkey could have scored)
ManCity beat ManU......

:) :beer2:

philo

• forum hero
sunderland are shit

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Congratulations Jasper  :beer2:

I'm so happy for my team, I was 10 years old the last time we went to Wembley for an FA Cup final  :bounce: and we outplayed United today  :great:

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm so happy for my team, I was 10 years old the last time we went to Wembley for an FA Cup final  :bounce: and we outplayed United today  :great:

I only listened to it driving over... sounded like a great 2nd half :) Getting a ticket for the final??

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

....the most incredible miss ever. A

Worse than berbatov putting it over foem 2yds

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

I only listened to it driving over... sounded like a great 2nd half :) Getting a ticket for the final??

Disappointing to see empty seats today, club wembley bollocks.  No final has sold out since new wembley opened,  :wank:  :furious: :spank: etc

happy to see a city win today, my thoughts were with you and a few guys i've known over the years.  Just hope you win it now but I do have a nasty inkling about bolton.  hope it's unfounded...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Well done city did the job and could of had another one or two at the death.

Well done brighton now dont give up until after you beat Southampton on saturday? Please!

Well done Hudds our best run in our history 21 games undefeated.

Almost the perfect day until leeds equalised

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I do have a nasty inkling about bolton.  hope it's unfounded...

Shows what I know, spidey sense malfunctioning

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Nai - The empty seats were because there was an allocation of 25,000 to each club, the rest going to god knows who (Club Wembley?.  Really stupid considering they could have sold out.

A bit nervous about playing Stoke... also Pulis was manager of Gillingham in '99 so he'll want revenge.

Going to try and get tickets this week.

andy popp

• forum hero
Not really a football fan but as a one time long-term Potteries resident I was just so made up for Stoke (the city as much as the club) yesterday. God knows the place hasn't had much to shout about in recent years.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Nai - The empty seats were because there was an allocation of 25,000 to each club, the rest going to god knows who (Club Wembley?.  Really stupid considering they could have sold out.

Same at the League Cup final, got my tickets on the day before the match, seems a lot go unsold for every game due to the high prices club wembley seat holders (businesses, ticket agencies?) are asking, 3-4xface value.  Can't find the reference now but certainly no final and I suspect many other matches don't sell out due to this.  It was also telling that the touts around on the day had no tickets to sell.

For the clubs that make seemingly perrenial appearances there it hardly matters but for the fans of teams like Blues, City & Stoke who, if they're lucky, may get one chance in a lifetime to see their team in a major Wembley final it must be galling to see empty seats because of some greedy corporate bastards that clearly have no concern for supporters.  Wembley really should do something about this, it can't have gone unnoticed that at old Wembley every final was a sell-out but maybe they don't give a shit about supporters either as long as they make money.

I'm really looking forward to the final this year, two clubs and sets of players for whom winning the trophy would mean loads, two sets of fans not jaded by multilple visits year after year, it'll be a proper occassion like the cup finals I remember from the 70s and 80s.

Hope you get a ticket but keep trying right up to the last, if you can  pay above face value they're out there and deal making becomes easier the closer the day gets.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Wembley really should do something about this, it can't have gone unnoticed that at old Wembley every final was a sell-out but maybe they don't give a shit about supporters either as long as they make money.

They don't. The ridiculous cost of building the new Wembley means that they have to do everything they can to screw money out of it for the foreseeable future. That's the reason the semi finals will continue to be played there even if it makes no sense whatsoever (like this year) and the reason that the pitch is often in a state due to gigs, rugby matches, American football games and any other event they can cram in there to pull in as much cash as possible. It's totally shit but that's the FA in a nutshell.

I'm really looking forward to the final this year, two clubs and sets of players for whom winning the trophy would mean loads, two sets of fans not jaded by multilple visits year after year, it'll be a proper occassion like the cup finals I remember from the 70s and 80s.

Me too. Haven't even bothered watching quite a few finals recently as there's been no "magic of the cup". This will be different. Well done City!

Well done brighton now dont give up until after you beat Southampton on saturday? Please!

Don't worry Grubes. After the way Adkins wound us up earlier in the season this has become something of a grudge match. You can rest assured that we'll be doing everything we can to beat them and that our fans will be giving the glorified kit man dogs abuse for the full 90 minutes!

I was made up on Saturday. To win the title in such style (and before any other team in the league has even secured promotion) is something pretty special. Best thing was there was a guy at the game streaming intermittent coverage and I was able to see the (amazing) goal that clinched it live (and a few seconds before it came through on the radio coverage from the official website). Technology is briliant.....

Note "we're fucking brilliant" chant which Gus has said is his favourite.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Thieving scousers, the club that is...

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/7180/38/

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/19/rio-ferdinand-mario-balotelli-fa

Good that no further action will be taken as it was all a load of handbags however there are two interesting points in this. Firstly, before Rio slags off Balotelli for celebrating in front of the Man U fans perhaps he should remember the actions of that rat faced prick Gary Neville on more than one occasion and secondly, Balotelli has only increased his standing with 90% of fans with this.....

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011/04/17/mario-balotelli-ferdinand-fight-video-fa-cup-semi-final-2011-april/

(scroll down to the 36 second video)

;)  :-*  :P  :lol:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I've refrained from posting on this topic as a Blue but the way that Man Utd and some of the media have portrayed it it sounds like Balotelli started a riot.  He didn't go anywhere near in front of the Man Utd fans but just raised his shirt in the centre circle & span round kissing his badge. Anderson went batshit and started pulling his shirt and Ferdinand joined in.

Balotelli, the supposed hothead, immature, short-fused shame to English football then kept his cool whilst surrounded by Man Utd players.  He's a 20 year old kid and Ferdinand is a 32 year old supposed Captain of England FFS.  At one point Ferdinand had Mancini by the collar, pushed his fingers in David Platts face as Van de Saar pushed a Sky cameraman over to stop the incident being filmed.

:wank: the lot of them...

and...

you can fuck off 'an all

<Modified following Alice's post below to rightfully reclaim the Utd title for the Blades and other more worthy football clubs>

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:21:03 pm by Falling Down »

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Balotelli might well be an arsehole twat.

But he's not a drug-cheat cunt.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
And another thing.

We may well have issues with escalating random and ad hoc football-related violence and thuggery.

The last thing we need is deliberate, organized, and sectarian football thuggery.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I heard that Rio's stalker was in fact a drug tester calling for random tests  ;)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
I've refrained from posting on this topic as a Blue but the way that Utd and some of the media have portrayed it it sounds like Balotelli started a riot.  He didn't go anywhere near in front of the Utd fans but just raised his shirt in the centre circle & span round kissing his badge. Anderson went batshit and started pulling his shirt and Ferdinand joined in.

Balotelli, the supposed hothead, immature, short-fused shame to English football then kept his cool whilst surrounded by Utd players.  He's a 20 year old kid and Ferdinand is a 32 year old supposed Captain of England FFS.  At one point Ferdinand had Mancini by the collar, pushed his fingers in David Platts face as Van de Saar pushed a Sky cameraman over to stop the incident being filmed.

:wank: the lot of them...

and...

you can fuck off 'an all

And just in case you think you're immune - the firat club to call themselves "United" - the football section of the cricket club - "Sheffield United" - and, other "Uniteds" before the "Newton Heath"/Yorks and Lancs Railway FC" relocation.

[And yes. I know they were "Manchester United" before they moved]

The first time you quote the name, it's in full - hence - "He didn't go anywhere near in front of the Man. Utd fans but just raised his shirt in the centre circle"

"United"/"Utd" acceptable thereafter.

- Oh it's childish, it's immature, and it's puerile. But it keeps me amused. (And everyone's got to have a hobby.)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal