UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357795 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
not read it all yet but interesting so far

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/grant_wahl/04/01/fifa.candidacy/index.html

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
If only the nasty horrible Premier League treated them the same way as clubs in other association's contol, this needn't've happened…

BBC Sport - Rangers chairman admits club could go out of business

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
previuos link posted from phone and doesn't work

This one should and well worth the read

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/grant_wahl/04/01/fifa.candidacy/index.html

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
What a disgrace FIFA is.

tomtom

• forum hero
What a dick Wayne Rooney is...

I'll kick off on this one... no excuses in my book. If Drogba got a 3 match ban, its at least that for Wayne - 5 would be about right. I suspect its symptomatic of the apparently aggressive, bullying nature of the manager rubbing off on him...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
He's been charged by the FA, looks like a 2 game ban. They pointed out that it wasn't just swearing (as everyone does) but was directed at the camera / tv audience.

I agree with the point about the manager. If he has absolutely no respect for authority, the laws of the game or the spirit in which it should be played then it's hardly surprising that his less intelligent (or in Wayne's case thick as pigshit) players behave the same.

tomtom

• forum hero
2 game ban is taking the fucking piss (oops) ;)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Not half as much as not making any attempt to stop racists entering the ground at point of entry though, is it?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5h6sSVQiKDWz9Cli10UHdlTsZhTBg?docId=N0395281301932837451A

tomtom

• forum hero
That's not great news.. But sadly doesn't completely surprise me.. Both are wrong. Uefa/FIFA were worse for the £20k fine or whatever Spain got for all their supporters racially abusing the England players a few years back..

Racism is still rife or certainly present (in my experience) in most football games and grounds I've been to. Nothing obvious like booing or jeering black players, but you hear the odd 'fucking lazy n**ger' etc.. From time to time.

You know who says it, as everyone has a seat number - some clubs, sadly not mine, have some sort of hotline where you can tell who is saying what - and that should be national IMHO.

Sometimes i sit next to my pal Malc further in the madnheads bit, and two rows in front of him are 2-3 mindless racist wankers. He wants to move, I'd love to grass them up, but bending the ear of a steward would probably result in a warning, and them instigating a witch hunt amongst the fans around them.
Butwe're comparing bad apples to bad oranges here, Rooney should have known better, and there will be loads of kids shouting 'fucking get in' when they score from now on.. If they're lucky they won't grow up looking like him! 2 matches is very light.

I'm rambling sir.. Some unsavoury situations..

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
That's not great news.. But sadly doesn't completely surprise me.. Both are wrong. Uefa/FIFA were worse for the £20k fine or whatever Spain got for all their supporters racially abusing the England players a few years back..

Racism is still rife or certainly present (in my experience) in most football games and grounds I've been to. Nothing obvious like booing or jeering black players, but you hear the odd 'fucking lazy n**ger' etc.. From time to time.

You know who says it, as everyone has a seat number - some clubs, sadly not mine, have some sort of hotline where you can tell who is saying what - and that should be national IMHO.

Sometimes i sit next to my pal Malc further in the madnheads bit, and two rows in front of him are 2-3 mindless racist wankers. He wants to move, I'd love to grass them up, but bending the ear of a steward would probably result in a warning, and them instigating a witch hunt amongst the fans around them.
Butwe're comparing bad apples to bad oranges here, Rooney should have known better, and there will be loads of kids shouting 'fucking get in' when they score from now on.. If they're lucky they won't grow up looking like him! 2 matches is very light.

I'm rambling sir.. Some unsavoury situations..

I must admit  am impressed with Sullivan's attitude towards this - "we're not putting up with this behaviour" - now put it into practice lads!

But Rooney as just being a twat [i.e. behaving badly]. That's a world of difference from being a cunt. [i.e. having a thoroughly repellent and indefensible  mindset]

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Tom - Turn them in.  Me and a mate have done it a couple of times at City for persistent racist morons and it turns out everyone else, including their so-called mates were thinking the same thing but lacked the wherewithall or courage to challenge it head on or via the official channels. 

tomtom

• forum hero
Thanks Fd, Some good inspiration there. when I get back I'll have a hunt around the website and see if they have a method for doing this.. You're right...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good analysis of why 'Arry shouldn't be hailed as a genius just yet:

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/Redknapp-analysis.aspx

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Also very good. Small piece re Berlusconi / Milan and Italy:

http://whoateallthegoals.blogspot.com/2011/04/berlusconi-football-politician-facing.html

philo

• forum hero

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I fucking love Balotelli.  :popcorn:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Dr T

• forum hero

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's an interesting subject but that's a very simplistic article. As with all things to do with football finance, it's a very complex issue and it might not be as cut and dry as it seems for Man City and Chelsea:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-manchester-city-could-break-even.html

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/02/chelseas-financial-fair-play-challenge.html

City's biggest problem at the moment seems to be attracting the crowds. If they can't increase income from gate receipts substantially then the whole plan falls down.

tomtom

• forum hero
I think it City were to have a Balotelli in his Lambo vs Monster Truck battle on the pitch before the game -  I'd seriously consider it... 

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I fucking love Balotelli.  :popcorn:

I do too... he makes  :wall: but I can't help it.  I'd fucking love it if he sticks a couple away against the rags next weekend.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :wall: f*ck me what a dreadful performance from City.   There's twenty minutes to go and we're doing nothing to try and change things Terrible team choice Mancini :thumbsdown:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal