UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358180 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

Balotelli  :wall:

We were odds on for winning the game last night the way we were playing until the silly chuff got himself sent off (and he got in the way of a shot on goal from Silva)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good piece here by Iain Macintosh on Man U, Liverpool and those songs:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/iain_macintosh/03/15/morbid.fanchants/index.html

Dr T

• forum hero

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I'm enjoying the nip and tuck between 1st and 2nd in the ff at the mo! Hopefully it will stay a close run thing until the last week  :popcorn:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

mrconners

• menacing presence
Im (like Man City) aiming for top 4. I don't think I can compete with the top 3, dropped too many points early on with some rather bizzare choices on my behalf. Just got to hold it together for the next few weeks.

:doubt:

Pressure drop. Oh pressure. Pressure gonna drop on you.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I'm enjoying the nip and tuck between 1st and 2nd in the ff at the mo! Hopefully it will stay a close run thing until the last week  :popcorn:

Bah, I was top all weekend, if only I hadn't left two goalscorers on the bench  :wall:

Three horse race I reckon, youngy's crushers look handily placed.

Time to wield the axe on non-performers, big changes this week.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Have I mentioned we're on our way to Wembley?

[knees]
trembly
[/knees]

http://www.darlington-fc.net/page/NewsDetail/0,,10339~2320491,00.html

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Awesome, it's a great day out but that might only be if you win

Good piece - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/mar/21/january-transfer-window

Relegation may be a hideous prospect, but the fear of it galvanises more clubs than the quest for trophies ever can.

I know the exception.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Awesome, it's a great day out but that might only be if you win

Having seen them lose twice at "old Wembley" in the "basement" league play-offs it's not, and never has been a "great day out" if you lose.

The stadium's overpriced, the sightlines were appalling, and the beer in the local pubs is shit.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Quite right, I'm sure the local beer hasn't improved but Wembley has.

Good to see Mark Cooper enjoying some success, remember him playing for Blues in the 90s.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Having seen them lose twice at "old Wembley" in the "basement" league play-offs it's not, and never has been a "great day out" if you lose.

<injoke>

Unlike the Priestfield. Now lip it.

</injoke>

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The always excellent Jonathan Wilson on the decline of Russia:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/29/andrey-arshavin-russia-euro-2012

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I didn't watch the pointless England game last night as A: it was pointless B: I'm really struggling to give a shit about England at the moment and C: I was listening to Brighton totally spawn their way to their 8TH WIN IN A ROW. However, I agree with the sentiment of this:

http://www.redwhiteandblue.tv/blog/don%E2%80%99t-believe-the-hype/

Dolly

• forum hero
I didn't watch the pointless England game last night as A: it was pointless B: I'm really struggling to give a shit about England at the moment
Completely agree.
I was wasting more time @ Hillsbro watching us somehow lose 1-3 to Brentford FFS.
We're now 17th in the 3rd division. Our lowest position ever in our 141 year history was 20th in the 3rd division.
As I said to my lad it was really some of the worst football I've ever seen there - quite some claim considering that I first starting watching regularly in 1979 when we were in the third division.
I don't really know where it will end or why we're so bad TBH. On paper we have a good squad. Some (enough) of the players obviously have skill.  In practice, apart from the odd few minutes a game we're just awful.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Doesn't make sense does it. Think there are probably just enough shitter teams in the division to stop you from going down now though.

This is an interesting proposal:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/900342/rocking-the-international-boat?cc=5739

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
I did watch last night, but only because I had no skin from a top evening on the grit on Monday and couldn't be arsed to do anything else.  It was a surprisingly good game in which our midfield and forwards played well enough to give some of the more senior players something to think about.  Perhaps we are last heading towards having a squad rather than a team of posing overpaid disinterested ponces.

Dolly

• forum hero
Doesn't make sense does it. Think there are probably just enough shitter teams in the division to stop you from going down now though.

This is an interesting proposal:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/900342/rocking-the-international-boat?cc=5739

Hope so mate
It is interesting and I sort of like the idea of playing all the qualifiers in a month as its makes it more of an "event"

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I have to say the match on sky tonight is goint to be interesting from a hudderfield perspective. A brighton win would be the best result I guess.

Brighton have pretty much won the league now so we just need to keep second. We have fucking tranmere (:sick:) this weekend a bogie side.
Fuck me i am getting nervous ... this end to the season is going to be interesting  :'(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I have to say the match on sky tonight is goint to be interesting from a hudderfield perspective. A brighton win would be the best result I guess.

Do you mean Bournemouth? We have Rochdale away tomorrow where I reckon our run of WWWWWWWW will end.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
 :oops:
oh yea shit! draw then a draw would be good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal