UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357808 times)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Good on Rotherham. Be good to see them back in a proper stadium.

I have been to the don valley just after the u2 concert mentioned in that link. The pitch was aweful. Patches missing. cutting up instantly. Pegs and nails in the ground. Good on them getting a new stadium they need it. I liked the old ground except the lack of leg room

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Good on Rotherham. Be good to see them back in a proper stadium.

Great stuff, loved Millmoor

Great shot of the Amex here too (scroll down a bit)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Hill to climb for City now at home to Kiev next week.  Sevchenko (sp?) clearly still has it.  We only woke up in the last twenty minutes.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Great shot of the Amex here too (scroll down a bit)

Still on course to sell all the 15,000 season tickets. It looks like it's going to be a pretty special place to watch football.

http://twitter.com/PaulHayward_gnm/status/44793103529422848

I'm totally jealous of all the Albion fans tweeting about picking up their tickets.  :furious:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
How do Arsenal come back from a fortnight like that?

Dr T

• forum hero
  :-\

Anyways good game shame about the injury and Scoles being an unnecesary twat
There's always the Premiership - might have been on if we could put out a first choice 11...

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
  :-\
Scoles being an unnecesary twat

I know, game won, players going no where.  :shrug: On the second one, someone did slap him after the challenge, which he thought was Nasri, hence the squaring up. Then he comes out with a genius pass like that.  :wall:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Norwich up to second. Nicely proving the point (along with Leeds) about there not being a lot between the best in L1 and most of the Championship. With "big clubs" like Sheffield United and Preston (and hopefully Palace) facing relegation L1 seems to become a tougher proposition each season.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Norwich up to second. Nicely proving the point (along with Leeds) about there not being a lot between the best in L1 and most of the Championship. With "big clubs" like Sheffield United and Preston (and hopefully Palace) facing relegation L1 seems to become a tougher proposition each season.
Tell me about it, Our chairman has said if we do not go up this season they will have to cash in on some of our better players. which will mean we probably will not go up next year either.
I have had my season ticket since 2004 and it will be up for renewal in the next few weeks. I am seriously thinking whether I should renew or not as I could not bear another year of division 3 football (also other reasons having an impact on my thoughts of renewal).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Fuck Rio Ferdinand, Fuck John Terry, Fuck Stephen Gerrard and Fuck Fabio Capello you embarrasing shower of shit.  None of you are fit for Captain or Manager.  The quicker you all shuffle into retirement the better.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Brighton V huddersfield 30.04.2011
The away end has already sold out I dint even now the tickets had gone on sale yet ... Bollocks!!!  :rtfm:

I guess I could try getting tickets to the home end  :-\

Fuck Rio Ferdinand, Fuck John Terry, Fuck Stephen Gerrard and Fuck Fabio Capello you embarrasing shower of shit.  None of you are fit for Captain or Manager.  The quicker you all shuffle into retirement the better.
you forgot to add Fuck frank Lampard just piss off you shit bastard. Turn up for 90 minutes in one game? no never ok just turn up and look like a cnut shake hands and fuck off

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I was a bit cross listening to the radio last night so, mods, feel free to edit my rather foul mouthed tirade if it offends....  :-[

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I agree entirely except I'd have used the word "cunts" as well.

I'm not interested in England at all at the moment.

Brighton V huddersfield 30.04.2011
The away end has already sold out I dint even now the tickets had gone on sale yet ... Bollocks!!!  :rtfm:

I guess I could try getting tickets to the home end  :-\

Save yourself the bother. It's a long trip for no points.  ;D :P ;)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I was a bit cross listening to the radio last night so, mods, feel free to edit my rather foul mouthed tirade if it offends....  :-[
What jasper said. Well said (you set me off too). I am not interested by England anymore. Until there is a change of players, playing style etc

Save yourself the bother. It's a long trip for no points.  ;D :P ;)
What and miss an oppertunity to knock youu off the top of the league or seal promotion? ;) (yeah right 'cough')

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Redface banned for five games.

Has he got anyone left to refuse to speak to?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Eric Abidal, Bryan Robson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9426114.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12759530.stm

I may well think the latter is something of a nob, and absolute pants at football management, but I can't criticize his commitment as a footballer, a midfielder, and a captain on the field of play.

And I'd hate to prejudge, but my guess for how long Abidal "will be sidelined" is "some quite considerable time".

A real shitter, for the pair of them.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Apologies if someone else has already done this, but can stress, yet again, what  an awful chatracter trait Schadenfreude is in a person.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/03/14/liverpool-businessman-stephen-vaughan-jailed-for-15-months-for-punching-a-police-officer-100252-28334885/

(Where's that Sonny Curtis/Bobby Fuller/Clash thread when you need it?)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:29:35 pm by aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Eric Abidal, Bryan Robson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9426114.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/12759530.stm

I may well think the latter is something of a nob, and absolute pants at football management, but I can't criticize his commitment as a footballer, a midfielder, and a captain on the field of play.

And I'd hate to prejudge, but my guess for how long Abidal "will be sidelined" is "some quite considerable time".

A real shitter, for the pair of them.

:agree:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
More Brighton self indulgence.

philo

• forum hero

Dolly

• forum hero
No no you were right
so... In no particular order
1 Liverpool were never really in it tonight were they ? Sad to say but they probably dont deserve to go through
2 Glad that Ferguson is banned for 5 games
3 completely fooked off with the shit I pay to watch at Hillsbo. Together with my lad we've already decided that we wont renew our season tickets for next year. More money, less disappointment and more time to climb.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

1 Liverpool were never really in it tonight were they ? Sad to say but they probably dont deserve to go through
2 Glad that Ferguson is banned for 5 games
3 completely fooked off with the shit I pay to watch at Hillsbo. Together with my lad we've already decided that we wont renew our season tickets for next year. More money, less disappointment and more time to climb.

1. I hear they were shit but I don't really care. Actually I couldn't care less. Suppose I might take an interest in the "Europa League" if Brighton were in it but otherwise...... :tumble:

2. Agreed but as he still gets to speak to the players in the dressing room (unlike a European ban) it's not going to make a huge amount of difference is it? Oh and that £30k fine is really going to hit the multi millionaire hard.

3. Can totally understand that. Shame is, loads probably feel the same and with L1 getting harder each season it's going to be a downward spiral for Wednesday if attendances keep dropping. At least it looks as if there will be a Sheffield derby next season. Albeit in League 1.  :slap:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal