UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357777 times)

Dolly

• forum hero
#2275 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 09:51:17 am
 :) Very good.

What a game though. The first touch and the control of both sets of players (particularly Barca) was unbelievable.
I loved the way that when there was a free kick there was no thought of "getting everybody up in the box", they just passed it to the nearest player and proceeded to pass their way around again.

Can't see Arse getting through now though TBH

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#2276 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 12:32:43 pm
 :agree: and  :agree:

Brilliant beautiful game.

What annoys me about modern commentary is that because of the time lag between the various digital formats you can no longer watch the pictures on the box and the commentary from the moaning Alan Green and 'Blackpool' Jimmy Arnfield on 5 Llive.  Now when I were a lad ....

I have developed a ITV commentary filter though.  I do find myself thinking that I've just completely ignored everything they've said.  :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#2278 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 02:59:42 pm
FIFA really are cunts, vote Wahl

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2279 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 04:00:10 pm
Presumably good news for all footy fans...

UK can lawfully insist all major games are shown for nowt, court rules

If it meant that they had to show them all on the BBC then it'd be a good thing. I'd rather pay to watch them on Sky than have to have half of em on ITV though.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2280 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 04:08:49 pm

Good article. It really does need sorting out but I hold out little hope.

As if to prove the point, the prices for the European Cup final have been announced and the CHEAPEST tickets are £150 (plus booking fee of.........£26!!). Fucking disgraceful. Oh and FIFA get 25,000 of them.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2281 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 04:14:06 pm

If it meant that they had to show them all on the BBC then it'd be a good thing. I'd rather pay to watch them on Sky than have to have half of em on ITV though.

Do C4 and Five get a look-in?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2282 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 04:19:14 pm
There's no way they could ever afford them.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#2283 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 07:31:04 pm

Good article. It really does need sorting out but I hold out little hope.

As if to prove the point, the prices for the European Cup final have been announced and the CHEAPEST tickets are £150 (plus booking fee of.........£26!!). Fucking disgraceful. Oh and FIFA get 25,000 of them.

Never mind the price, which is fucking disgracefu, 25,000 tickets.  Fuckers.  They do need booting out, but how?  And yes I did read about Wahl.  Perhaps some of our Euro MP's could earn some of their fat pay packets and instigate a corruption investigation.  But that seems a tad unlikely, nein.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#2284 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 17, 2011, 08:07:23 pm
Apparently the tickets allocated to the clubs in the final will be £80, each club will receive 25,000.  Still a lot of course.

Unfortunately the governing body taking control of a load of tickets is a common thing, for the Carling Cup final each club gets 31,500, Wembley holds 90,000 which leaves 27,000 in the ether.  For the Fa Cup it's even worse, I think only about 40,000 get allocated to the two clubs, split between them depending on average attendance or some other calculation dreamt up depending on who qualifies.

I wonder what happens to the Wembley Season ticket holders' seats for the CL final, I suspect there'll be lardy FIFA arses sitting in them rather than their owner.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
#2286 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 09:42:39 am
Big game for Ipswich and Hull this weekend... two teams in great recent form, both pushing for a play off position.. What do you think Butters?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2287 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 10:04:22 am
We too have a big game. Stoke away in the 5th round....

http://theseagulllovereview.blogspot.com/2011/02/clayheads.html

Loving the comments.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2288 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 11:02:14 am
We too have a big game. Stoke away in the 5th round....

http://theseagulllovereview.blogspot.com/2011/02/clayheads.html

Loving the comments.

Ah yes, forgot it was FA cup (whats that??)...  ;)

Hope  you stuff em. Ferking negative anti football from Sjoke. Fair play to them staying up etc.. but I've seen em twice (at the KC) and they're shite to watch... I hope you south coast boys play your pretty football, run rings around them and show them how it should be done..

This is a shameless opportunity to show a video of Deano putting off Delap in 2009 when he was warming up as a sub - he was booked even though he was not on the pitch  ;D  Me guv??

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2289 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 11:20:11 am
Love that.

Dean Windass is fucking hilarious on Soccer Saturday.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2290 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 11:27:26 am
Self indulgent? Yes. But I have to keep pinching myself that this is my team they're on about:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/6624/38/

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
#2291 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 11:45:28 am
By the way, I know it's shooting fish in a barrel but I'm sure ITV's coverage is getting gradually worse. Tyldsley is a fucking prick who would do well to read this:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/5723/38/

But much worse is Townsend. Why they persevere with him is beyond me when he has nothing sensible or knowledgeable to say. Ever. Last night's gems included a rant about how it's a "trait of the modern defender" to concentrate too much on holding the line and playing offside rather than following the runner. What the fuck he thought he was on about I have no idea but perhaps he never watched Arsenal (and lots and lots of other teams) twenty years ago.

Then there's Childs who has all the dynamism and personality of a cornish pasty but probably with a slightly higher potato content. His "I'm your dour fat mate who you feel a bit sorry for" routine might have worked when he was playing second fiddle to Lineker on MOTD2 (or presenting that inexplicably popular Pebble Mill type thing) but since he flounced out of the BBC for tons of cash and the top dog role at ITV it doesn't really wash anymore. Also, when you're the anchor for a massive game it would be nice if you seemed as if you were actually interested in it but Childs has no other setting than dour pasty so it's not going to happen. I don't think this is actually his fault it's just that he's totally unsuitable for the job.

I suppose I should just be grateful that they didn't cut to an advert just as Nasri squared the ball to Arshavin but my heart sinks every time I see that a game I want to watch is on ITV.

http://twitter.com/LiterallyJamie/status/37987236905619456

Childs is a complete c**T fact. Why he gets these jobs I don't know, he must be sucking some executive dick. He certainly sucks Ferguson's dick.

At one point during a fantastic counter, and great tempo, Andy and Clive are going on about the fact that: 'apparently if you run extremely fast from one end of the pitch and back again to defend you can get out of breath!'
Fucking tools

Apologises for rant

tomtom

• forum hero
#2292 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 11:53:08 am
I can handle Childs being on screen - he's pretty benign and I generally only switch on just before kick off and go and do something else during 1/2 time so miss his babble.

Andy townsend however.. Andy fecking Bellend more like... he really should keep his hooter out of the coke bag before games, he just witters and rambles - with an incessant need to fill any silent spaces in the commentry with his inane babble. Its the agressiveness, and arrogance of his delivery that pisses me off more than the lack of factual content to his outpourings.

:wank: :wank: :wank:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#2293 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 12:38:01 pm
Big game for Ipswich and Hull this weekend... two teams in great recent form, both pushing for a play off position.. What do you think Butters?

Well we will be without our bargain basement midfield star ;) but other than that the team will be the same as that which turned over Doncaster on Tuesday according to the East African Daily Times. Should be a good game as Jewell has got us playing with confidence again, the fans are backing them and we have got Connor Wickham on a run of form at the minute. My heart says it will be a 2-1 win to Ipswich but suspect that it is more likely to be a draw.

As for promotion chasing...  :-\ We are still 11 points off Leeds in sixth so it's a bit early to be thinking that unless you have just rolled in from the pub after finding out that you have won 6-0 away in which case it is a very real possibility.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2294 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 12:44:18 pm
Donny are fucking shite at the moment though aren't they.  ;)

This is pretty interesting:

http://m.runofplay.com/2011/02/17/television-and-the-form-of-the-soccer-match/

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#2296 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 01:01:51 pm
Donny are fucking shite at the moment though aren't they.  ;)

Fuck off slackers jasper - always pointing out the bleeding obvious aren't you...  ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#2297 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 01:56:31 pm

But there's nowt to stop the Toriy cunts from changing the law, after all Cameron loves Murdoch and hates the BBC

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#2298 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 07:29:27 pm

Hope  you stuff em. Ferking negative anti football from Sjoke. Fair play to them staying up etc.. but I've seen em twice (at the KC) and they're shite to watch...

:agree:

I saw Stoke knock City out of the cup last year and it was the worst game of 'football' I've ever seen - you could barely call it that at all.   Shit football, shit club.  It was only a few days later when the lad from Arsenal had his leg broken and whilst you don't blame the player who did it it was clearly Pulis' tactics that created the conditions for the incident to happen.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#2299 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2011, 11:06:48 pm
The club's information is that the man responsible is a Crystal Palace supporter.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/15/crawley-town-manchester-united-munich-video

Even ignoring the dipstick arsehole, it's actually fucking appalling

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal