UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358241 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Very good read that, good find.

Starting to get nervous about tonight now, getting to Wembley isn't something clubs like Birmingham do too often so winning would be massive.  It's bottom-of-the-league West Ham we're playing, we have a good home record and stans should be bouncing like it was for this game 10 years ago, so we have a great chance.   Problem is these are usually the ones we fuck up, starting (for me) with losing the FA Cup semi to 2nd division Fulham in 1975 and the latest episode was losing the FA Cup quarter final to down-and-out Porstmouth last year, the catalogue of failure between times is epic.

I'm wafffling, sorry nervous.

tomtom

• forum hero
Good luck for Brum Nai...

Back to Keys - this blog is a good read about his talkSPORT appearance...

http://iainmacintosh.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/keys-self-destructs-and-it-was-live/

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
He has resigned.

tomtom

• forum hero
He has resigned.

Having heard a chunk of his interview - I wouldnt be surprised if he was David Ike with a silicone face mask...

Some very funny tweets this afternoon about this... the best was "Gazza's just turned up at the talkSPORT studio with some fried chicken, lager and a fishing rod, asking for Richard Keys"

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
This whole thing has been hilarious.  I've had a visceral loathing for Keys for over a decade and I'm enjoying every moment of his meltdown.  Dark Forces.... Makes me giggle.  I'm stuck in Aberdeen airport delayed for 5 hours but this has made my day.   

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
More footage from Sunday's outtakes as the role of the studio manager revealed...

rich d

• forum hero
I listened to the talksport interview live. I felt uneasy about off air comments being used to dismiss someone from their job. I was comparing it to being in the pub with my friends, I'd be sacked in a minute. However thinking about it, I realised that the comments weren't made in the pub, but in work.
What I took  from the interview was that Keys couldn't shut up and just kept talking. Without much effort H&J managed to sidetrack him into dark forces, I may have to resign now my mate has gone, I apologised straight away, I was only being sexist to put someone at ease etc. This didn't to me really throw any light onto whether Keys is sexist (from his comments he certainly seems to be) but it did make him look like an arrogant twat.
He seemed to talk himself into resigning - most bizarre - as he'd so obviously come on to salvage his career and keep his job. 

tomtom

• forum hero
Yup - every apology was "sorry - but..."  :thumbsdown:

Judging by the floodgates of keys/gray vitriol that have opened since this first came out they were not well liked at all, by both their peers and workmates. Good riddance to bad news...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The same source has let it be known that they had a load more dirt on Keys. It was go now or end up looking REALLY bad.

The talksport thing was a blatant set up. Did anyone not think it was odd that Sky allowed him to do an interview with them? They let him hang himself quite brilliantly.

This whole thing has been hilarious.  I've had a visceral loathing for Keys for over a decade and I'm enjoying every moment of his meltdown. 

Me too. I've always hated the slimy fuck, nice to be proved right about him.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
might have to review my subscription.
went to the barbers earlier, can't believe taht story and the ongoing keys thing rate above a cup semi final story. even karen brady got in ahead ofus in themail.  :wank:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Get over it Jasper - Ipswich have gone and signed Bullard on loan till the end of the season - now that is a proper NNFN! 

tomtom

• forum hero
At least you'll be paying him less than we still will be! You're apparently paying 40% of his £45k per week... The local pubs'll be pleased mind! :)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Sorry to keep labouring this crock of shit but I thought this was quite funny:

Quote from: @judemann
Be careful what you wish for. In 1979 Andy Gray said he wanted to end his career at Molineux. Eventually his dreams were realised...

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Enough on the Andy grey bull shit back to football.

So FA cup this weekend.
We are off to get  :spank: ed at arsenal on sunday morning. Unfortunately I am not going as I could not afford it
Watford v Brighton - Should be a good game. I reckon a win for brighton
Southampton v Man u - again I think this could be a upset?
Notts county v Man city - Man city will win imo
Birmingham V Cov - Could be interesting game

and the forecast for the weekend is looking good on BBC What a weekend to come  :bounce:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
We have a problem......

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/8818982.Bennett_hands_in_transfer_request/?ref=mr

However......

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/8819450.Albion_chairman_says_Bennett_is_staying/

If he goes we should get at least £1.5m or it's really not worth it. Worrying thing would be that we wouldn't have much time to find a replacement to spend it on. We'll see.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Apparently most of our first team is going to be rested after Wednesday so an away win quite feasible in our match.  Cov are currently 7/2 which seems a big price in the circumstances.  Not quite right to bet against your own team though is it.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Football is so monumentally fucked-up at the administrative level that nothing should surprise me, but courtesy of the Guardian....

Fine of the week
£2,500: Spanish FA's fine for Lionel Messi after he celebrated a goal by showing a T-shirt message reading: "Happy birthday, mami!".
£2,500: Spanish FA's fine for Real Madrid in 2009 after fans waved swastikas and "chanted in reference to gas chambers".

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I'm at Schipohl airport heading to Kazakhstan so will miss the City Notts Co fixture..  was looking forward to it to.

philo

• forum hero

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Rose tinted glasses review of Town V Arsenal.

First half
Good chance after two mins.
Spanked for 30 mins till we scored a goal for them. Hand ball in the build up by arsenal. Bendtner (sp?) could not his a cows arse with a banjo.
We played better for 5 mins ish
Fantastic run from the full back taking it past 3 arsenal players including slotting the ball between the centre halfs and running past them only to get closelined. Red card deserved!
Better team till half time.

Second Half
Better team for 25 mins and score one goal should of scored more.
Fabragas comes on.
Arsenal better team for 20 mins with a few chances for us.
Penalty given for a defender standing behing bendtner. Given a yellow should of been red if it was a pen?
Fabragas does some strange dance as he runs up for the pen.
Town have an almost chance
Arsenal win.

Arsenal 2                                                         V      Huddersfield 1
Peter clarke own goal (hand ball in build up)          Alan Lee
Fabragas Pen (really a pen for that?)
Rose tinted glasses

Good turn out by the boys in the end. Quite a few proud town fans in the office today.
Brighton beat watford, Man city draw with Notts county. Crawley dominate Torquay missing two pens going through. They then get Man U away in the next round. Orient beat swansea away and get arsenal at home. Got to love the Magic of the cup.

Transfer news
Silva has left sunderland already this morning http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9380667.stm
Will torres go. I don't think he will

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
From the Guardian deadline day thing:

"My uncle's former roomates' dog walker works on the Brighton pier. Apparently a press conference has been set up to announce Torres's arrival at Brighton & Hove Albion. He is longing for Championship football and it looks like Liverpool will no longer provide that next season"

:lol:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
their you go jaspers:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9380667.stm
1404: Here's some news of a player that Brighton fans will be desperate stays put. Highly-rated Seagulls midfielder Elliott Bennett was at training today and Albion say they hope to keep their squad status quo. Bennett, 22, has been the subject of bids from Norwich City and he put in transfer request last Thursday.
Good news?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah it is ta. A mate in Brighton Tweeted me earlier that he'd seen Bennett in training this morning. Bloom has been adamant that we're not selling and we turned down at least £1m already for him.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
WHOA!!!!!

Carroll to Liverpool for £35M

:o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal