UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358183 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
The more I read about the Gray story the more it looks like he's been set up, wouldn't even be surprised to hear his colleagues were asked to feed him those lines knowing he'd bite.

Doylo

• forum hero
Come on Blackpool!

mrconners

• menacing presence
Come on Blackpool!

Its 2-2 already, fucking red bastards just never give up do they.

mrconners

• menacing presence
3-2 to united. I cant fucking stand it.
To be honest I think I hate the fans even more than the bloody team. Which is really pushing it.

Smug, superior,  arseholes.

Dr T

• forum hero
I take it back - Nicolas out on the wing - it seems to work, he was certainly more effective than Andre the Meekat..
I really hope he rediscovers his mojo soon...

Doylo

• forum hero
Spawny bastards

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
3-2 to united. I cant fucking stand it.
To be honest I think I hate the fans even more than the bloody team. Which is really pushing it.

Smug, superior,  arseholes.

AHEM!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
There ain't half a lot of f*cking Schadenfreude knocking about the interweb about a Scotsman losing his job, isn't there?

Isn't he fortunate then, unlike those of us who comprise the great unwashed he's still got his job on the radio and as an "ambassador" for a turf accountant....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
The more I read about the Gray story the more it looks like he's been set up,

Looks that way don't it. An off air joke gets caught by a microphone. Then some other footage gets leaked out at the same time?
With Andy Gray probably being one of the highest paid is it a way to save money and get rid of him cheaply and quickly in the public eye?

Never been a huge fan of his but definately looks like a set up to me.

Anyway ..
Watched most of the blackpool match last night gutted for them! They were fantastic in first but looked knackered in the second half.
It will be interesting to see how they cope if charlie adams goes.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Looks that way don't it. An off air joke gets caught by a microphone. Then some other footage gets leaked out at the same time?

The new Keys leak came from the same source at Sky too. I reckon someone (or quite a few people) have just had enough of them being a pair of cunts and decided to let people know what they're really like.

It's not as if anyone in the industry is rushing to their defence either which says a lot.

tomtom

• forum hero

Never been a huge fan of his but definately looks like a set up to me.

No, he set himself up. ie, HE said those things and acted in that way. No-one in SKY sports has give the pair a sexist script and said "this is the sound check lads - away you go..."!!

Yes, someone (the same youtube account which is now deleted) seems to be the source of these clips (including the Keys - Rednap one) and thus bought the clips to light - but that could be anyone in Sky - could be a lowly tech who just thinks the guy is a wanker and should go... Its whistleblowing NOT setting up - and this could be by SKY or by someone else. It still doesnt get away from the fact that the pair are dinosaurs and should go.

I notice the female official in question withdrew from running the line in the Bradford game last night... shame - I hope all this doesnt wreck her interest/career.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
Funny how all this has come to light just as Andy Gray is suing Andy Coulson and ultimately Rupert Murdoch  over the  hacking of his , Andy Gray's ,  phone  ;)......

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
She only withdrew from the match to avoid a "media circus". Once it all blows over I think it'll end up doing her career a lot of good. After all, she got that offside decision spot on and it's not often so much is made of an official getting it right.

I agree, they've hung themselves. If you're going to spout that sort of shit in an environment where anything can be recorded then you'd better make damn sure you don't piss anybody off! From what I've heard, Gray has become less and less popular amongst football media people in general having believed the hype and disappeared up his own arse. E.g.

http://twitter.com/DTguardian/status/29947935227641856

Keys on the other hand has always been a total cunt. I don't understand why he got the Sky gig in the first place as he knows fuck all about football but the longer he's done the job the more he's thought of himself as some sort of expert on the game. Sometimes I've wondered if they carried on employing him just because people like to have someone to shout at on the tv. The nasty, snide side of him has always been pretty obvious and the "smash it" comments are no surprise. He's a prick.

Funny how all this has come to light just as Andy Gray is suing Andy Coulson and ultimately Rupert Murdoch  over the  hacking of his phone  ;)......

Much as I'd love there to be a Murdoch conspiracy element to it I think it's actually a lot more simple. Behave like a wanker long enough and eventually it's going to bite you on the arse.

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck

Funny how all this has come to light just as Andy Gray is suing Andy Coulson and ultimately Rupert Murdoch  over the  hacking of his phone  ;)......

Much as I'd love there to be a Murdoch conspiracy element to it I think it's actually a lot more simple. Behave like a wanker long enough and eventually it's going to bite you on the arse.

Hmmmm  :-\ ...... 

tomtom

• forum hero
Keys on the other hand has always been a total hairy cunt.

I suspect it'll be bye bye Keys later on today... I've always thought he was just a tool, but Andy Gray always seemed aggressive and nasty. Good riddance.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
Probably completely irrelevant - but a funny clip from a great film  :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Haven't got the time or inclination to read all of this but it's pretty clear that quite a few people have been waiting for the chance to do a hatchet job on Gray:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1350591/Andy-Gray-sacking-Countless-affairs-love-children-sordid-truth-pundit.html

Ouch!

tomtom

• forum hero
Haven't got the time or inclination to read all of this but it's pretty clear that quite a few people have been waiting for the chance to do a hatchet job on Gray:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1350591/Andy-Gray-sacking-Countless-affairs-love-children-sordid-truth-pundit.html

Ouch!

It's quite an interesting read!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
What is the veracity though given its from the Daily Hack?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Seeing as Gray is a multi millionaire with a penchant for using Schillings to sue people I don't think The Fail would have been too quick to make stuff up about him. Besides, his previous behaviour with women is well documented so they've no need to.

It was more the tone of the piece that I thought was interesting. As in "BOOM! Take that you fucker!!".

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Quote from: The Daily mash
She added: "If I was caught offside I'd probably just stay in with my best friend and a big tub of Chunky Monkey and stare at Colin Firth's chin until I cream myself."
:lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal