UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358209 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Choice between Tevez and Berbatov, City don't score many do they I decided  :wall:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I could have made up serious ground leaving Cech, Ivanovic and Yaya in! Oh well. May be able to nick 2nd spot off Mark tomorrow if Nani doesn't have a field day!

Nice one on Tevez today, I'm sure he's made a lot of people happier! :) Expecting Seamus Coleman to tear Liverpool apart tomorrow after benching him again.

Good season of FF so far, not too stretched just yet! We all need to reel in Ian slowly  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Darren Bent to Villa. WTF?!  :o

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks

Never saw that one coming. £24 million apparently, which would be atidy profit for us.

But as you say WTF, quitting a team that is doing well for one that is hovering above relegation.

Mind you I could understand it if it's because he doesn't like living in Sunderland.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Certainly makes you wonder what Harry's missus is worth.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I'm not that familiar with football, can someone explain whats going on here (apart from one player fingering his mates bum, why is he doing it?)

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Thats how they used to get a tie on Gladstone Small.

Dr T

• forum hero
Mind you I could understand it if it's because he doesn't like living in Sunderland.

Sunderland vs Brum, comme cie comme cia surely....

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

Sunderland vs Brum, comme cie comme cia surely....

Maybe there are a smaller per capita number of racially intolerant peeps in Brum. The NE is not known to be a racially tolerant area, probably a slight Catch 22 situation. Not so lon ago SAFC had the lowest number of non-white season ticket holders in the EPL - I can't imagine that has changed much.

Wiki says that the 2001 Census shows Sunderland with 98.1% white compared with Brum's 70.4%.

mrconners

• menacing presence
I could have made up serious ground leaving Cech, Ivanovic and Yaya in! Oh well. May be able to nick 2nd spot off Mark tomorrow if Nani doesn't have a field day!

Nice one on Tevez today, I'm sure he's made a lot of people happier! :) Expecting Seamus Coleman to tear Liverpool apart tomorrow after benching him again.

Good season of FF so far, not too stretched just yet! We all need to reel in Ian slowly  ;)

Im yo-yoing above then below falling down, he only lives round the corner so its more about pub bragging when it finishes really.
 Its a typical half arsed effort from me and to be honest its more luck than judgement. However its not that big a gap between anyone yet and one week can change a lot.
However as a City fan its heartwrenching to have to include any United players in the squad.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I refuse to stoop so low.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I've tried to avoid putting in any Liverpool players to avoid jinxing their glorious performances...  :lol:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
O' Neill see sense

Love this comment

It has also been suggested that the Northern Irishman, 58, was angered by the way in which news of his likely arrival at the club was leaked to the media on Saturday...
Reports stated that the home game against the Gunners would be Grant's last fixture in charge
when it was them (BBC) that broke the story in the first place.

philo

• forum hero

Its not that bad man graeme you soft shite

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
FFS man it doesn't even have a Waitrose or John Lewis. How much worse can it get.  ;)

philo

• forum hero
wait what, are you complaining about that?  Surely thats one of the highlights.

mrconners

• menacing presence
Just out of interest would you rather your fantasy team did well at the detriment of your supported team?
If United are playing City I cull the United players in my squad in the spirit of good taste.
However I shouldnt even be considering them, and Rooney is a fucking no-no just because he's Rooney.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Just out of interest would you rather your fantasy team did well at the detriment of your supported team?

Is that some sort of joke?

Fantasy football is a bit of a laugh, nothing more. I'd rather score no points every week and finish bottom of the league if it meant results going the way I wanted for the team(s) I want to win / lose. Of course FF results don't have a direct effect on my team (at the moment  ;) ) but if they did I'd feel even more strongly about it (obviously).

I've never included Scum players whenever I've played FF. It just wouldn't sit right feeling in any way good about those cunts scoring a goal or keeping a clean sheet etc. Have extended that to any player I really can't stand (e.g. Cashley). It's not a recipe for success but it means I feel like I'm playing the game with a clean conscience.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Classy. #whatatool

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Ooops!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Doubtless they'll be invoking the support of Vera Lynn, Ellen Terry, and Ambrose and his Orchestra next...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01804/kenny-dalglish_1804654b.jpg

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
 :-\ Sorry you are not important enough

The league 1 and 2 play off final has been moved to old trafford. Fucking great ...
your once in a life time oppertunity to get to wembley to see your team play there.

oh by the way your not important enough to play there. They decided to play the champions league final on a saturday instead of a wednesday (as it has been for years) so we have decided you can play at old trafford.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm hoping this doesn't affect me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal