UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357769 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Notts County are a good side aren't they ?

They are nearly as good as Stevenage

;D ;D that result made me laugh nearly as much as watching the Liverpool game. Saviour Dalgliesh on the case... Liverpool emotions all a-waver...

Then after a couple of min slammed back to reality with a classic iffy Manure penalty and then Golden (I can get away with ABH) Scouse Balls Gerrard gets sent off!! AND then old scum face brings Owen on.. if he'd scored I would have thought it was all following some sort of bizzare script!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Notts County are a good side aren't they ?

They are nearly as good as Stevenage

;D ;D that result made me laugh nearly as much as watching the Liverpool game. Saviour Dalgliesh on the case... Liverpool emotions all a-waver...

Then after a couple of min slammed back to reality with a classic iffy Manure penalty and then Golden (I can get away with ABH) Scouse Balls Gerrard gets sent off!! AND then old scum face brings Owen on.. if he'd scored I would have thought it was all following some sort of bizzare script!

But your [sic] missing the point about them here

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Defender falls over, scores own goal with arse:

http://acidcow.com/video/13650-own_goal_of_the_year.html

Dr T

• forum hero
How the hell did Baron Greenback's gang pull that one out of the fire, looked like they were going to get thumped for the first 20mins of the 2nd half....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
A classic game of two halves.  At half time I was relieved not to be four down, by midway through the 2nd half I was frustrated not to be leading and it all ended in familiar Blues disappointment not taking advantage of a golden opportunity.  Still, nicely poised for the 2nd leg, hopefully we can do enough at Stans.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good interview with The Times journalist George Caulkin here:

http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspot.com/2011/01/george-caulkin-times.html

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
well done Ian McParland's Ipswich.

Dr T

• forum hero
well done Ian McParland's Ipswich.

:agree: Arsene still knows but what he must know by now is that Bentnar might be better off with that move to Italy - i.e. take the money and run.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Listening to the radio on the way home last night they were talking to Ipswich fans. "Manager sacked......lost 7-0....be lucky to keep it to five etc etc". I just knew they were going to beat Arsenal. Wish I'd had some cash on.

:agree: Arsene still knows but what he must know by now is that Bentnar might be better off with that move to Italy - i.e. take the money and run.....

Bendtner encapsulates Arsenal of late. He shows flashes of being amazing and obviously Arsene saw/sees something in him as he continues to persevere but invariably he ends up missing a ton of chances and being totally frustrating. If they have the opportunity to sell then they should.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
We had Bendtner on loan a few seasons back and he was all that even in the CHampionship, also an arrogant bastard, got the impression he thought he was better than Blues, which he was.  Also get the impression he thinks he's better than Arsenal which he sure as hell aint.

I do wonder if Wenger knows he can't get an equally good replacement for the cash he'd generate from him so he has to stick with him.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's not as if Arsenal are struggling for a few quid. I think it's more that Arsene is a stubborn fucker and doesn't like to admit that he's made a cock up (for once). How many times has he said "he can become a great striker" or somesuch? (answer: lots).

I think you've hit the nail on the head. He "could" have become a great striker but he's always thought that he already was one and didn't need to try to improve.

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
It's not as if Arsenal are struggling for a few quid. I think it's more that Arsene is a stubborn fucker and doesn't like to admit that he's made a cock up (for once). How many times has he said "he can become a great striker" or somesuch? (answer: lots).

I think you've hit the nail on the head. He "could" have become a great striker but he's always thought that he already was one and didn't need to try to improve.

He hasn't played much regular this season, started late after injury, and has been a 'supersub' who can't score since, only starting in a few games. He is capable of some class goals (had the nickname 'big game bendtner last season).
With a knackered Chamkah and Glass ankles about he will get a good kick of the ball the second half of this season, he may come good /brilliant once he starts firing. If he doesn't sell summer.......

Anyway we're not losing games because of him, its because a team philosphy of too much passing and not enough direct action, coupled with dodgy Centre-backs and a left back (Yes Clichy has never delivered). The only one I'd keep out of that 4 is Sagna.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :agree:

On a brighter note, I just heard from a Brighton mate that the club are on target for selling 15,000 season tickets for next season.

YYFY!!!!

Dolly

• forum hero

On a brighter note, I just heard from a Brighton mate that the club are on target for selling 15,000 season tickets for next season.

YYFY!!!!
Bloody hell that's good going.
What's the capacity of the new stadium then ?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
22,500 with the possibility to extend in the future apparently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falmer_Stadium

It's looking good:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Good to see Liverpool making headway now that we have got rid of Roy... oh wait!  :lol:

We'll moer than likely have to settle for a top 10 place this season and rebuilding the team this summer. Reaching the Europa places again would be miraculous!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
three points off the relagation zone and still the talk is about Europe.  What Liverpool need is a good pantomime audience

LOOK BEHIIIIIND YOU

Quote from: Twop Twips on Twitter

LIVERPOOL FC. Solve your footballing crisis by selling Fernando Torres and buying the entire Blackpool squad.

tomtom

• forum hero

YYFY!!!!

I suspect there will be all sorts of supporters coming out of the woodwork when its ready - and a good thing too. A new stadium, good views, bogs, food, parking etc.. makes the whole experience far 'easier' and family friendly. About the same size of the KC by the looks of things (which is just shy of 25k) - which again is a good thing. Big enough to get a great atmosphere going, but not so large the chanting/cheering gets lost.

I'd be interested where the hardcore fans section is.. is it at one end (Kop stylee) or in a corner (like at the KC and at Man City's ground) often when clubs move to a new stadium it takes a few years for the hardcore/chanting folk to find the right place... If you keep on upwards to the PL I suspect they'll be looking at that extension too. A PL club there is a cash cow in waiting..

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
I'd be interested where the hardcore fans section is.. is it at one end (Kop stylee) or in a corner (like at the KC and at Man City's ground) often when clubs move to a new stadium it takes a few years for the hardcore/chanting folk to find the right place...
This is a huge problem at huddersfield we moved to the new stadium in 1994 and its still not sorted (Us west yorkshire folk don't react quickly).
At leeds road the old ground all the singers were together in the cowshed and made a right racket. At the new ground they are spread about the stadium and its hard to get a good atmosphere. Some games the atmosphere is great but most of the time it is shit.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It also helps that the tickets have been pretty decently priced and that they are available on direct debit. Bloke I know has paid £395 for his in the North Stand and only had to pay 1/12 up front, rest monthly.

Sounds like the North Stand will be the loudest bit as it was at The Goldstone. Sensible stuff again from the club by the sound of this quote from North Stand Chat:
I know we've all seen a thousand photos by now, but seeing the computer model of the seat views, and hearing Martin Perry enthuse about it all: I am just so excited now.

Made me laugh when he was talking about the stewarding policies for the different areas. The East Stand Family area will be absolutely zero tolerance, so no standy or sweary types in there at all. The North Stand, he suggested, was an area where Albion have traditionally housed their more "enthusiastic" support...

He emphasised that of course standing is not permitted in football grounds, apart from during moments of excitement, but added that the North Stand stewarding policy would take into account that those seated in there are potentially those who tend to get excited a little more "easily", and "more frequently"

You had to be there I suppose, but he was trying not to laugh as he said it

tomtom

• forum hero
I'd be interested where the hardcore fans section is.. is it at one end (Kop stylee) or in a corner (like at the KC and at Man City's ground) often when clubs move to a new stadium it takes a few years for the hardcore/chanting folk to find the right place...
This is a huge problem at huddersfield we moved to the new stadium in 1994 and its still not sorted (Us west yorkshire folk don't react quickly).
At leeds road the old ground all the singers were together in the cowshed and made a right racket. At the new ground they are spread about the stadium and its hard to get a good atmosphere. Some games the atmosphere is great but most of the time it is shit.

At the KC when they moved you could get large blocks of season tickets together.. so the people I sit on the fringes of - all stood together at Boothferry Road and about  100 of them sorted their acts out and got em together (so they tell me).. Yes it does take ages to sort itself out.. Falling Down may have some tales bout Man City's new ground, but when I went there last season I was quite saddened by the lack of atmosphere - plenty of passionate people just couldnt get the chants going... folk around me said the same thing.. Its often alot better being an away supporter - closer knit group etc...

Actually, thats one of the shit things about finals - the play off finals at Wembeerley a few years back were odd atmosphere - no decent chants could get going as everyone was split up etc...

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
O'Neill to take over at West Ham according to the BBC - can't help but feel sorry for Grant really.

Also Jewell's first game as manager at Ipswich today - after the heroics of Wednesday night which apparently caused Cesc Fabregas some anguish  :lol: we should be a bit more confident than usual.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
O'Neill who likes to splash the cash working with Sully and Gold who like to control everything and keep the purse string fairly tight?  Have they thought this through?
Hasn't O'Neill left his previous few clubs after falling out with teh board over money for transfers?  I don't give it long.

wish it'd happen after the semi final on Wed, I reckon they'll be favourites now
:(

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Totally devastated to take Ivanovic out of my ff team this week. Bad shout!  :'(

tomtom

• forum hero
Totally devastated to take Ivanovic out of my ff team this week. Bad shout!  :'(

Captain Tevez doing me proud :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal