UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357770 times)

Dr T

• forum hero
#2000 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 27, 2010, 09:59:26 pm
Gunners 3: Chelski 1

;D :dance1: :bounce: :bow: 8) :lol: :kiss2:

Dolly

• forum hero
#2001 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 27, 2010, 10:34:50 pm

[/quote
Thoroughly deserved as well. Some of the football tonight was sublime

Dr T

• forum hero

benpritch

• forum abuser
#2003 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 28, 2010, 09:18:55 am

late xmas! brilliant result.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#2004 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 28, 2010, 11:24:00 pm
It's starting to gel now and some poor club is going to get a right proper twatting in the next few weeks.

Went to Eastlands again today for the Villa game.  Great credit to the Villa fans singing away in good humour throughout and taking a battering on the chin - reminded me of when we were regularly on the receiving end of similar results.

City were very good.  Silva a well deserved MOTM; Vierra, NDJ and Johnson put everything in over 90 mins and Balotelli came good with a hattrick.

Nice to see Utd drawing at Brum to a 90 min equaliser :-)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#2005 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 29, 2010, 08:49:01 am

Nice to see Utd drawing at Brum to a 90 min equaliser :-)

Our pleasure  ;D

Especially pleasing as it was handball, a foul on Ferdinand and offside  :lol:

Dr T

• forum hero
#2006 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 29, 2010, 08:11:03 pm
if it stays like this at the DW
 :wall:  :'(

Dr T

• forum hero
#2007 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 29, 2010, 08:51:26 pm
getting there... where's the fingers crossed smilie when you need one??

Dr T

• forum hero
#2008 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 29, 2010, 09:40:36 pm
getting there... where's the fingers crossed smilie when you need one??
arse....

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#2009 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 30, 2010, 07:53:22 pm
Ambition!

Ridsdale to Plymouth

Mickey Adams to t'Lane

And Preston fans on SkySportsNews talking about wanting Allardyce.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2010 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 31, 2010, 10:48:30 am
A new years round up of some of the best of the guardians readers photoshop football images...  :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2010/dec/21/the-gallery-2010#/?picture=369520364&index=0

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
#2011 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 31, 2010, 03:29:31 pm
Nice to see that Fergie doesn't bear a grudge .......

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#2012 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 31, 2010, 05:15:47 pm
 :lol: I always think Darren looks like the tubby one from League of Gentlemen.

I hope we shove a hatful of goals down 'rentagob' Holloway's throat tomorrow.  He was entertaining for like, 5 minutes and now he's just an irritating wazzock. STFU and tend to your heating you loudmouth.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

philo

• forum hero
Sunderland winning, what the fuck is going on?  In the past, no matter how many millions we pour in, it goes nowhere.  What has changed?  I'm always shocked when we win

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Good week in football so far:

Huddersfield beat Wednesday to take 6 points of them this season.

Phil Parkinson gets sacked even though he is 5th in the league and 3 points off of automatic spot. Could not happen to a nicer c%$t. Others here may not think hes a c$%t but I always will.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Also found out this site http://htfc-world.com/ won a when saturday comes award.

heres two brighton report from a couple of years ago enjoy:
away http://htfc-world.com/reports/Brighton2/brighton221108.htm
Home http://htfc-world.com/reports/Brighton3/brighton250309.htm

Enjoy

Dr T

• forum hero
as of 7:00pm 5/1/11

18    West Ham    21    -11    20
19    Wigan            20    -15    20
20    Wolves            20    -14    18

hmmm isn't that how it was before a ball was kicked this season  :-\

be nice if it was alphabetical at the top too....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Bye bye Keano.  :wave:

tomtom

• forum hero
Bye bye Keano.  :wave:

Is Butters around to comment? He's a tractor boy (IIRC)... seems like its been a-coming a while....

Personally I think its the last we'll see from Keane for a while until he emerges in some obscure David Lynch film about a woman who inspirationally see's his face in the talking labels of baked bean tins she's stacking at Asdas in Withington.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:52:49 am by tomtom »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
You still taking the medication?  ;)

There's a good article here about managerial sackings and the lack of player responsibility:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jan/06/premier-league-managers-sackings

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Good article Jas. 

The frenzy this week is really unpleasant, grotesque and really not good for the game.

(on the other hand, I'm glad Kean has gone - I can't stand the man after what he did to Alfe Haaland and gloated about it in his book. At least Ipswich can go back to being "Ipswich" rather than "Roy Keane's Ipswich" which made me want to chuck the radio in the sink when I had 5 live on in the kitchen)

tomtom

• forum hero
You still taking the medication?  ;)

Yes its greeeeaaat!

There's a good article here about managerial sackings and the lack of player responsibility:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jan/06/premier-league-managers-sackings

Comments below it were interesting... I think this person (Xanakis) had some good points that I largely agree with..

"Roy Hodgson: A good manager, not a great one. Too dependent on building his own team before results start going his way. Obviously not a good motivator. Liverpool need to replace him with someone young and dynamic; a manager they can have for twenty years. I'd be looking at Emery at Valencia. If Copenhagen can beat Chelsea in the last 16, Solbakken should be an option.

Carlo Ancelotti: I'm usually very harsh on managers because I'm a firm believer that a manager can indeed go from being good to bad overnight - they can be found out tactically by fellow managers. But Ancelotti deserves time and money to start building his own team. They lost too many players and their squad is too thin. Would be a disgrace if he was sacked.

Avram Grant: I think he's pretty good, personally, but West Ham have been looking like going down for a few seasons now. They do need a change though, because Grant isn't going to motivate them to stay up. If West Ham could get Martin O'Neill I think this sleeping giant could rise again.

Gerard Houllier: A disgraceful, myopic appointment made on the basis that Houllier is known to English football fans. Too old, been out of the English game too long, tactically boring, ineffective, arrogant, disloyal, maybe even a bit mental. The guy belongs back in a UEFA office somewhere, and Aston Villa, once-European champions deserve a lot better. Sack him now."

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Have to agree re Houllier. Although Villa were already on the slide, all he seems to have achieved since arriving is to fall out with most of the players and all of the fans and generally make a royal fuck up of everything.

I don't think Hodgson's been given a chance, mainly because of the overinflated opinion of their club that most Liverpool fans have and their refusal to accept how low they had sunk under the previous owners. Saving them from a relegation battle should be seen as a serious achievement this season and as for Torres and co demanding he be sacked / new players signed, how about actually turning up and trying to win a game or two you twats?

I've never been a big fan of Baron Von Greenback. His teams seem to do well or badly despite him rather than through any skill or proactive managerial involvement. However, West Ham have only avoided relegation recently because there have been some REALLY shit teams in the PL not because they're any good and I don't think any manager could prevent the inevitable (which is either relegation or getting bloody close to it). With those dodgy cunts in charge I can't say I'd shed a tear if they did go down either.

As for Ancelotti, he's a bloody good manager who has done well with an ageing and seemingly disinterested squad. Despite the MASSIVE investment in players (and the fact that at one point Chelsea seemed to be buying up virtually every up and coming player on the planet) they simply haven't got the players coming through to replace cunts like Fat Frank and EBJT who are increasingly injured or can't be arsed. Can't see Roman splashing the cash too much either as they're trying to sort out the squad / wage structure in light of the new UEFA rules. None of this is Ancelotti's fault.

I've just had to rewrite that by the way as I wiped it all by mistake when I was just about to post it. #souldestroying #idiot

Oh and I agree with FD. Keane is a fucking cunt.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
That sounds about right apart from this bit obviously

Aston Villa, once-European champions deserve a lot better.

Must be tempting for Liverpool, knowing O' Neill is out of work, to sack Hodgson now.  You'd think it'd be a good match up.  A step up for O'Neill in terms of club size, expectations, etc.  And Liverpool get a manager with a record of improving all the teams he's managed, winning silverware/reaching cup finals, has CL experience too.  Budget might be a sticking point I suppose, he does like to splash the cash.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal