UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358253 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
nice one Jaspers I saw the goals on football league show. Looks like you deserved it.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Cheers. Yeah even the Charlton fans have been saying we played really well and deserved it. Sounds like there were 3500 Brighton there, certainly a good day out! Best quote I've seen from someone who was there:

Funniest moment of the day - Dick Knight (Ex-Chairman) arrived to sit amongst us with what looked like a large collection of grand-children, to be greeted by a section of the crowd chanting 'We love Dick!, We love Dick!'... I just felt that we were re-inforcing the stereotype of a Brighton fan a bit there...

tomtom

• forum hero

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
love the photo  ;D

to be honest I am surprised he lasted so long

tomtom

• forum hero
love the photo  ;D

to be honest I am surprised he lasted so long

Yeah, I like him a bit - as he's a sarcy sod, but sarcy turned to being a knob after a while.... and the results speak for themselves. Was chatting to one of our students last year - a Boro ticket holder, and he said the place had emptied... he was paying c.£170 a year for his ticket... Family deals (2 adults 2 kids) for less than £50 a game and still half full...

On happier news, it looks like the mighty Hull City are not being bought by some Americans, but by luurcal businessmen.  :thumbsup: if rumours are to be believed... Ker-ching...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
The City Blackpool game was good.  Blackpool are one of the better attacking sides in the Prem this season. Very brave, well drilled and confident that they can get a result anywhere never mind at home.  They had City pegged level until Bobby Manc subbed Adebayor for superman Silva and all of a sudden City opened up.  His goal reminded me of Kinkladze at his best and was almost a Matrix style moment when he suddenly thought 'OK I've played a few games now, it's about time I scored a goal' and time slowed down for everyone but him - brilliant.  Tevez's second was also a world class outside of the foot, backwards to goal instinctive flick. God knows how people thought it was an own goal. 

Viera coming on in the last 10 mins was another good substitution as he just controlled the midfield (until our defenders were caught napping and conceded - idiots) until the clock ran out.

Blackpool will do well this season, they have a great squad and lots of spirit.  City are starting to look very good indeed. Mancini is really settling in (I'm loving his post match interviews when he decides whether or not to answer a stupid question) and when we have a full strength squad we'll be very dangerous _and_ difficult to break down.

As for goings-on at the Swamp  :lol:

tomtom

• forum hero

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Another appauling performance by the Pool.

I'm quite chuffed to have momentarily, taken over the top of the UKB FF league as a consolation!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
The City Blackpool game was good.

Gotta agree with that I went to wimberry boulders with my mate and got back to see the second half. Blackpool were all over you for the first 10-20mins.

I can't believe DJ Campbell missed his chance.
Fletchers first goal should of stood if they allowed the spurs goal the day before.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'll try again (bloody Twitpic):

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol:

I really don't know what to make of all this.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Don't use Twitpic to host your pictures.  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I didn't. The picture is by http://twitter.com/#!/BeardedGenius

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Still useful to know not to do it yourself (yfrog seems far more permissive on the embedding front), and that if others have hosted using twitpic then it will be awkward to embed them.

Although I suspect thats not what FD is getting at.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
No Slackers, you're quite right, I was expressing my surprise and confusion over the correct way to embed pictures from Twitter in UKB rather than perhaps the most audacious football transfer in recent history especially as its to do with the club I've supported since infants school :wall:  :wall:  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
All good then :thumbsup:  :-[

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
No Slackers, you're quite right, I was expressing my surprise and confusion over the correct way to embed pictures from Twitter in UKB rather than perhaps the most outrageous speculation regarding a football transfer in recent history especially as its to do with the club I've supported since infants school :wall:  :wall:  ;)

Edited for truth.  ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Quite right, it is wild speculation.  I'm more interested in the power struggle between Shrek and Slur Alex Baconface than whether Shrek is coming to City..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Amazing stuff from Redface's press conference:

http://twitter.com/#!/DTguardian

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
So an offer on the table but Rooney is "adamant" that he wont sign a new contract and wants to leave. Pretty conclusive!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Full MUTV interview here. Fergie's never this open or honest. People are reading into that that he's hurt and genuinely upset about this.

Perhaps but I reckon he's also mindful of the fact that when Rooney is sold, he wont be getting the proceeds to replace him. "Bearing his soul" seems like a last throw of the dice to try to persuade Shrek to stay as otherwise the steady decline of the club suddenly becomes a hell of a lot steeper. Redface used to just go out and spend £25m - £30m at will, but now there's no money what will he do? Carry on talking about "value in the market" as the Glazers piss the Rooney money away on 16.25% PIK interest?

SAF must be wishing he'd retired a season or two ago as things are going to get very messy there soon.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
The swissramble makes the interesting point re: finding "value in the market".

"How about Mesut Ozil at £13 million or Rafael van der Vaart at £8 million?"

Ozil seems to be doing OK at Real and van der Vaart is certainly making a name for himself at Spurs.

Like you Jasper I am betting SAF is wishing he was well out of the picture. As you said it the decline is happening regardless of how much the BBC pundits are denying it for now though even Garth bloody Crookes might have to admit that things are not exactly rosy in the Theatre of Dreams with this news.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal