UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358244 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Hicks & Gillette defeated in court. The judge has told them not to bother appealing but that doesn't mean they wont....

tomtom

• forum hero
The Hcafc takeover talks are all rubbish apparently.. Based on one line in a Sunday paper! Still now Gillette and Hicks are out of Liverpool... :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Hopefully so yes.

By the way, weren't England shit last night. Only watched the second half but...  :yawn:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/montenegro-not-even-a-real-country%2c-claims-fa-201010133158/

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
No idea about England I did not watch. I won't be watching them until the euro's now. Lost faith after talk of McClaren being appointed England manager again.

Good result on Liverpool will they be going into admin though?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Not if a deal with the new buyers is agreed at the board meeting this evening.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9080946.stm

I have never wished anyone ill and really meant it (apart from ben F once) but I really hope Hicks and Gillett die in their sleep

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
The pair claim the injunction prevents Liverpool executing the sale of the club to NESV, with a hearing date set for 25 October.

if the hearing is set for 25th of october isn't that after the date the bank said they will put the club into administration?
Won't that mean that the bank takes ownership of the club and just sell it to the highest bidder?

This is all getting confusing.

Bloody Yanks  :wank:

BenF

• forum hero
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9080946.stm

I have never wished anyone ill and really meant it (apart from ben F once) but I really hope Hicks and Gillett die in their sleep

:lol:

Sadly the only thing funny about your post is the reminder that you once wished that I should die in my sleep.  The LFC chaos is ridiculous and it seems to go from bad to worse each day that passes.  With this new Texas Court order delaying things I can't see how we can avoid administration tomorrow and therefore the loss of 9 points.  Hicks and Gilette have clearly never had any interest in the club other than making money out of it (no surprise there in football these days), and the saga just seems to vindicate the feelings of apathy towards the American owners that every LFC supporter I know has had since they bought the club.

Thank God we haven't got a derby match or anything at the weekend.   ;)

On the positive side...   At least next year in the Championship seats for the match will be cheaper and easier to attain.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
As it's the US interests of RBS (and the Liverpool directors) that are preventing them from simply ignoring this Texan court ruling and going ahead with the sale, I wouldn't have thought the bank would want to damage the club any further by putting it into administration. The only advantage of doing so (from what I can see) would have been so RBS could take control of the club and arrange a sale, but as that has already been agreed by the high court here it would seem pretty pointless.

What a pair of cunts H&G are!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
What a shitfest at LFC.
I have no love for them ~ and get perpetually annoyed by the 'why are we not winning anything' bleating from their fans on the radio (usually based in London) (btw - you're not won anything in ages because you're not good enough!). Anyway - I dont think ANY club (even Leeds) deserve to be fucked about by their 'owners' in such a petty and petulant way. You really have been bought out by a duo of wankers who have come in with the sole intention of selling on at a profit - and not giving a flying fuck for what the fans think. 

(ps, I heard that @lagerstarfish football consultants were involved at some stage...)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's only because they're such a "big club" that there's all this fuss about it though. Plenty of other clubs have been royally fucked over by their owners and (as a Brighton fan pointed out the other day) although I do feel a little bit sorry for them, it's not as if they're going to have to ground share with some club in Yorkshire for two years is it? Puts things in perspective.

tomtom

• forum hero
True - many clubs have been fucked up the backside by their owners in the past...

But have any been as downright petty as these guys seem? They make Ken Bates look like Jesus... (rather than santa claus..)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9091246.stm

Liverpool's American owners suffered a further setback after a High Court judge ruled their injunction to block the sale of the club was ineffective.

Hicks and Gillett sought to extend the saga by requesting a further hearing in Texas on Thursday.

If the high cort has ruled that the injunctions by a texas court are ineffective why is there another court case going on in texs today? is this trying to force the had of NESV and RBS to walk away from the sale?

But if the salefalls through wont the bank put the club in admin
That deadline would allow the sale of the club to go through, which is essential if the club are to avoid defaulting on the repayment of £240m of loans due to Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) on Friday.

If that payment is not made the club could be placed into administration and suffer a nine-point penalty.

Surely the club going into admin will be worse for the owners than a sale now?

I am too fucking confused.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
If the high court has ruled that the injunctions by a texas court are ineffective why is there another court case going on in texas today? is this trying to force the had of NESV and RBS to walk away from the sale?

Jasper answered this one earlier.

As it's the US interests of RBS (and the Liverpool directors) that are preventing them from simply ignoring this Texan court ruling and going ahead with the sale, I wouldn't have thought the bank would want to damage the club any further by putting it into administration. The only advantage of doing so (from what I can see) would have been so RBS could take control of the club and arrange a sale, but as that has already been agreed by the high court here it would seem pretty pointless.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
H&G don't give a shit about the club, just getting as much as possible for it.

What confuses me is why it makes the main news rather than sports news, one radio broadcast i heard even had it as the lead item (assume a business of their value/turnover is relatively minor in overall UK terms?)

Anyway, back to league action this week, nice trip to the Emirates for us so with the bottom four playing each other we should be in the all-too-familiar surroundings of the relegation zone by Monday :(

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Huddersfield have a tough match at home to southampton. While brighton are away at charlton

A tough game for both teams. Southampton have been playing better of late and we are very indifferent. I missed the last two games so not sure how well we played but we scored 6 goals, conceeded two and won both games.

Brighton are 5 points clear but playing charlton who have a pretty good side. I think Brighton will win and stay clear at the top we will draw and drop further down the league.

Yeovil play Wednesday I can only see a wednesday win from that game.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
5 points clear of Huddersfield you mean? Three points clear at the top although it fucking well should be five! (I refuse the post a link to the Bournemouth incident as I'm still angry).

We're taking about 3000 to Charlton. I'm going to a family do and have been ordered by the Mrs to not be on my phone constantly checking what's happening!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
yea meant 3 points typo. I was talking to a Brighton fan in my office he seems pretty positive.

He even before the season started bet you guys woud win the league. I laughed at the time  :oops:

A suggestion for the family do:
In the morning tell the mrs your not feeling too well then use that as an excuse for regular "toilet" breaks between 3 amd 5 pm

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
She wouldn't fall for that but I will be nipping out to make the odd "important work phone call" on a regular basis....

;)

tomtom

• forum hero
Gah, I have the same problem. 'Family' do from 3-5 (going to see a fecking play of all things...) when a good friend who is a Leicster fan suggested heading to the match at the Walkers.... I'll have to wait until the interval... would have been good to go along and engage in some jovial Sven baiting!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Fuck's sake what cunt schedules a play to run 15.00 - 17.00 on a Saturday during the season? It's like it's been designed just to piss people men off when they're dragged along to it.  Inconsiderate wankers!

tomtom

• forum hero
Fuck's sake what cunt schedules a play to run 15.00 - 17.00 on a Saturday during the season? It's like it's been designed just to piss people men off when they're dragged along to it.  Inconsiderate wankers!

;D Matinee performance (darlings..). Its MrsTT's mothers 60th Birthday - they're a great bunch so the day will be good - but still.... (spot the desperate attempt to justfiy decision...). Mind you, a couple of people there will be Charlton fans so.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Will you be Tweeting from the auditorium? I'll let you know the scores.....  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal