UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358186 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1725 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 30, 2010, 12:45:24 pm
See that red faced prick is at it again. He's not talking to the media because (ah diddums!) he's angry about the way his comments about Torres have been reported as him saying Torres was cheating.

Ferguson said Torres "made a meal out of it to try to get our player sent off".

:-\

Cunt.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1726 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 30, 2010, 04:04:10 pm
Some great stuff on this site including this piece about Arrigo Sacchi:

http://equaliserfootball.com/2010/09/30/6-sacchi/

Everyone will remember that Milan side, the lineup still looks phenomenal on paper.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#1727 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 30, 2010, 11:00:51 pm
Why if Simon Davey is that keen to manage a Conference team did he not just stay at Darlington?

:lol: :oops:

Childish. Immature. Puerile.

Potentially libellous.

Oh yes. All of the above.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
More great stuff from The Swiss Ramble:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-manchester-city-could-break-even.html

Can't wait for him to get his teeth into The Scum's figures when they're announced soon......

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Great article Jasper - thanks for posting.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
He's done lots of good stuff. The best writer currently about football finances, worth following on Twitter too: http://twitter.com/SwissRamble

This is good.......DFBWRefereesFootballMatches gets "groped" by Hertha Berlin player....takes it very well:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:08:10 pm by Jaspersharpe »

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
NNFN  :wall:
Brooking  :spank:

My choices for next England Manager are Harry Redknapp or Ian Holloway

But I don't think the FA would have either of them as manager as they are too controversal.

Sadly I think Stewart Pearce will be the next manager but after the dull man city days I think my interest in England will be even less than it currently is.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Unbelievable isn't it. Brooking is a fucking retard but I fear Grubes is right. The FA never pick anyone who might rock the boat regardless of ability.

Anyway, check this goal out:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks

Anyway, check this goal out:

Awesome goal

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The Hicks/Gillett/Liverpool saga seems to rumble on interminably.

Yet there a voice of reason and calm among the hue and cry, from one of the game's respected elder statesmen.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
I really hope we can be rid of this pair of muppets who are draining the life out of the club.

I hope they don't manage to overturn the boards decision and replace them with their own people or this will drag on for a long time and we'll go further into the red.

I hope they have done the background checks on NESV and we don't end up in a similar scenario a couple years down the line. Hicks and Gillett better not make a single penny profit from any of this, I hope they make a heavy loss.

Worst possible start to the season  :'(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The Hicks/Gillett/Liverpool saga seems to rumble on interminably.

Yet there a voice of reason and calm among the hue and cry, from one of the game's respected elder statesmen.

:wall: Oh dear 'arry. No wonder he's (allegedly) struggled to fill his tax return in correctly.

Man U fans must be finding all this Liverpool stuff hilarious........oh no, hold on a second:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/08/manchester-united-figures

:P

These figures are truly shocking. £100m operating profit but overall loss of £80m+. £40m interest, £40m refinancing costs (mostly re the bond issue) £15m currency losses.....

Put some spin on that Redface!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
I really hope we can be rid of this pair of muppets who are draining the life out of the club.

I hope they don't manage to overturn the boards decision and replace them with their own people or this will drag on for a long time and we'll go further into the red.

I hope they have done the background checks on NESV and we don't end up in a similar scenario a couple years down the line. Hicks and Gillett better not make a single penny profit from any of this, I hope they make a heavy loss.

Not that there's an element of mawkish, self-important, whingeing dross about this, is there?

(Anyone would think you're the first ever football club turned over and promptly shat down the cludgie by your owners, wouldn't you?)

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
 :boohoo:
hmm is it cruel to laugh?  :whistle:

:lol:

I hope wednesday fans and Man u fans do one too.  :thumbsup:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Not that there's an element of mawkish, self-important, whingeing dross about this, is there?

(Anyone would think you're the first ever football club turned over and promptly shat down the cludgie by your owners, wouldn't you?)

I saw that too and cringed! Seems a bit pointless making this video when it will have zero effect on the matter.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
:boohoo:
hmm is it cruel to laugh?  :whistle:

:lol:

I hope wednesday fans and Man u fans do one too.  :thumbsup:

I always hope Wendy and Manyew fans do one too!

Dr T

• forum hero

you'll soon think of them with the same fondness Jasper and I save for Bill Archer :-)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Did anyone else see the total farce at the end of the Brighton Bournemouth game yesterday? Worst decision from a referee / linesman I've seen in a very long time. Truly stunning levels of incompetence. At least we're still top.

Dr T

• forum hero
Did anyone else see the total farce at the end of the Brighton Bournemouth game yesterday? Worst decision from a referee / linesman I've seen in a very long time. Truly stunning levels of incompetence. At least we're still top.

didn't get to see it - was working so followed it on-line
felt like a defeat....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
We should really have been three up by then and then the crazy decision wouldn't have mattered. Think we're going to need to bring another striker in in January unless Ashley Barnes can suddenly develop a first touch. He gets in all the right places and makes all the wrong decisions!

We're winning games by the odd goal or drawing them when we should be crushing teams with the number of chances created and the way we're defending. Murray is class but he needs someone else to score some of the opportunities he creates and with Sandaza not even making the bench on Saturday I'm far from convinced that he's the answer.

tomtom

• forum hero
Whats going on.

First the Glazers at ManUre,
Then Beavis and Butthead at Liverpool,
Then Thingywhatsit at Villa.

NOW.. NOW the fecking septics want a bit of Hull city  :shrug:

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/sport/HULL-CITY-Tigers-linked-American-investors/article-2742177-detail/article.html

IS NOTHING SACRED?? (or more like are they Bonkers?)...  ;)

Sadly the article contains the words 'Peter Risdale' and 'Involved in the deal'.... I feel cold. very cold.

(sorry for shouting btw..)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Oh shit, if they're serious about Ridsdale getting involved then you're in real trouble.  :o

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Jockland equaliser, 1 minute in, straight from restart...
BBC Sport - Highlights - Scotland U21 1-2 Iceland U21

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal