UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1360910 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1675 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 07, 2010, 01:27:57 pm
Yes Wednesday really are in the shit it seems.

Dolly

• forum hero
#1676 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 07, 2010, 01:52:04 pm
Fuck. It looks pretty bleak doesn't it ?
Apparently the fuckin fuckwit FD went on holiday yesterday and isn't due back until the 24th  :wall:
The truth is the club has been run by idiots for a long while.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1677 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 07, 2010, 02:19:08 pm
On a lighter note, I just found this which is rather good:

http://iainmacintosh.wordpress.com/category/one-more-go-all-episodes/

Dolly

• forum hero
#1678 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 07, 2010, 02:32:09 pm
Its very good  ;D

Dolly

• forum hero
#1679 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 08, 2010, 10:20:31 am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/default.stm

Last minute arrangement made with the bank to stave off administration for Wednesday (for the time being)
God knows what's really happening here.
I can only hope that its something to do with a takeover which would explain the bank's involvement

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1680 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 08, 2010, 11:50:47 am
Unless Wednesday can get an investor very soon they will have to go into admin.

The problem is who will invest in a club with such large amounts of debt and that is loosing money each month, when they could wait till the club goes into admin.
Once Wednesday are in admin the clubs debt would get reduced signifcantly (£0.30 for every £1 or similar).

The only draw back of the club going into admin for an investor is the 10 point deduction effecting the promotion push.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1681 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 08, 2010, 12:41:11 pm
And the only drawback for everyone else is that, once again, loads of local businesses will be screwed because of the "preferential creditors" rule.

Oh and Wednesday will get away with paying a fraction of the £1.1m+ they owe in tax which, at a time when thousands of people are getting stung for underpayments, is pretty fucking sickening.

Can't see HMRC putting up with many more of these before we get a change in legislation. When you have a business that is almost solely based on income v wages to dictate profitability then paying your PAYE bill is a pretty fundamental cost (and one that should be factored in to the budget of the business).

Other companies get screwed for much smaller underpayments, in fact I've only ever seen these sort of sums racked up by football clubs as HMRC would usually step in way sooner and start demanding their money...now.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1683 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 08, 2010, 03:41:05 pm
I would have thought the Pompey saga would have pushed the tax office over the edge. Its getting stupid.

I just can't understand how Wednesday could sign playes in the summer knowing they were circling the drain. Same with Cardiff.

I remember when Huddersfield went into admin it was the summer before the point deduction came in. We got rid of as many expenses as possible. We only got free agents on small wages and mainly had youth team players.
Huddersfields main issue was the high wage bills left over from the Steve Bruce error and on the bright side most local business' were not effected too badly.

But investors are not always a good thing to get us out of admin Ken Davy bought the club. He only wanted the football clubs share in the stadium as he owned the rugby club. No other reason.
He then appeared drain the club of money to fund the rugby club.
 :wank:

As much as I am not a fan of wednesday, I hope it works out for them and they get the right sort of investment. There is nothing worse than having a crook as a chairman who does not care about the club.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1685 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 09, 2010, 12:50:06 pm
looks like we managed to ditch Theo.  :wave:

Godbye, don't come back too soon

Ok player but appauling first touch and far too frustrating to watch. I would say I hope he does well but hes gone to Millwall ....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1686 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 10, 2010, 02:08:10 pm
Rather good goal:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1688 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 10, 2010, 03:20:28 pm
about time

the goal above reminds me of this one:

philo

• forum hero
#1689 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 10, 2010, 08:41:04 pm

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

tomtom

• forum hero

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#1694 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2010, 11:54:10 pm
Unfortunately the full story is the paid for WSC thingie but it still made me laugh:

Not coping with Chelsea Terry, Lampard, Cole and the gang

"As Chelsea thumped six goals first past West Brom and then, as disappointingly as life itself, did the same to Wigan, hideous memories danced in my mind as the overbearing boys in blue hugged each other wreathed in boorish smiles. Memories of Margaret Thatcher leaning triumphantly out of the window in 1987, of John Selwyn Gummer being congratulated by the Monster Raving Loony Party candidate in 1992, or of David Mellor gurning and grinning like the Squire’s fat son who has just won the garden fête raffle. Every Chelsea victory, I realised, feels like a Tory landslide. Two games in, six points, 12 goals, none conceded. Just rejoice at that news, just rejoice."

As an aside - John Selwyn Gummer eh - I remember him feeding his child a burger at the height of the first BSE crisis - tosser!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1695 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 16, 2010, 09:21:22 am
Meanwhile, it appears all is not well in the State of Florida.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/sep/14/glazers-tampa-bay-manchester-united

Love the fact that redface is still trying to cover up for them. Where's that list of big money players he's bought and yet he expects people to believe that this is a strategy rather than him having no money to spend. No you whiskey swilling cunt, if you had the money you'd be splashing it about as you always have done but the fact is your club is skint and any money it can scrape together will go on interest and into the Glazer's back pockets.

He seems to forget that we've all seen the accounts!

At least you've got Michael Owen eh?

:lol:  :thumbsup:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#1696 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 16, 2010, 01:09:19 pm
Meanwhile, it appears all is not well in the State of Florida.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/sep/14/glazers-tampa-bay-manchester-united

Love the fact that redface is still trying to cover up for them. Where's that list of big money players he's bought and yet he expects people to believe that this is a strategy rather than him having no money to spend. No you whiskey swilling cunt, if you had the money you'd be splashing it about as you always have done but the fact is your club is skint and any money it can scrape together will go on interest and into the Glazer's back pockets.

He seems to forget that we've all seen the accounts!

At least you've got Michael Owen eh?

:lol:  :thumbsup:

[pedant]
"whisky"
[/pedant]

Edit. And while we're on the subject I do not "swill" Scotch. I sip and savour it. Thank you.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1697 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 16, 2010, 02:42:37 pm
What do you reckon to this?

He maintains that he's grown up and sorted out his attitude problems. I'll believe it when I see him last longer than half a season without falling out with everyone at the club and being sent to Crawley Town on loan.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1698 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 16, 2010, 02:53:15 pm
I remember he played for huddersfield a few years ago and score quite a few goals. but dint he declare himself bankrupt when he was playing professionally for brighton a couple of years ago?
If so major baggage is he worht the risk with Darlo being in such a sorry state  :-\

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1699 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 16, 2010, 03:09:33 pm
It was when he was playing for Rushden I think and he had two cars repossessed (but maintains it was all a misunderstanding). A proper talent but unless he really has had a major attitude transplant it will always be a wasted one unfortunately.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal