UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358230 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I think what the papers have done is calculate / guess at everything he might earn in wages / bonuses / incentives etc (if they win the PL, CL, FA Cup) and then chuck out a weekly figure based on that.

Whatever, it will still be a ridiculous sum. Not sure how City are going to go on once this wage cap as % of revenue comes in? When clubs like Chelsea are attempting to cut down the wage bill (Joe Cole, Ballack) because of this, City are still dishing out huge contracts left right and centre.

Must admit I don't know the intricacies of what UEFA is proposing but it doesn't seem to make sense.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
I think what the papers have done is calculate / guess at everything he might earn in wages / bonuses / incentives etc (if they win the PL, CL, FA Cup) and then chuck out a weekly figure based on that.

Or alternatively done what a hard-pressed hack under pressure from print deadlines and sub-editors does in these situations.

Just make something up and submit it as copy.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Now that the World Cup is nearly over it's time to get excited about the new season. Only 35 days to wait after Sunday (or 28 days for the likes of tomtom and Norton  ;)). Can't wait.

Pre-season friendlies against Darlington and Hull don't quite cut the mustard.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Roll up Roll up

Hope you have all enjoyed the World Cup but now it's time for the serious business of selecting your squad for Premier League Fantasy Football 2010/11  :thumbsup:

I've created a UK Bouldering league so please enter the code below to add your team;

18515-7216

:beer2:

p.s. the website for those who didn't enter last year:

http://www.premierleague.com

Ferrito

• regular
  • newsell
My money is on Chamakh and Gutierrez to perform amazingly and net me loadsa points. Hopefully..... But the one is getting old, and the other plays for Newcastle, so....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Nice one RC. Will have a look later.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :great:  Me and Mrs FD really enjoyed last year and we'll be joining in again.

Dolly

• forum hero
Now that the World Cup is nearly over it's time to get excited about the new season. Only 35 days to wait after Sunday (or 28 days for the likes of tomtom and Norton  ;)). Can't wait.
I must admit I'm excited rather than despondent about the forthcoming season in League 1. Mainly because we might actually win a few matches this year for a change -  we're second favourites to win outright/go up

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I must admit I'm excited rather than despondent about the forthcoming season in League 1. Mainly because we might actually win a few matches this year for a change -  we're second favourites to win outright/go up

We shall see!  ;)

Dolly

• forum hero
Not really that long until we play you on the 21st August  :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately the last Brighton game I saw at Hillsborough was quite possibly the worst game of football I have ever had the misfortune to go to.

It was a few years ago on a Monday night when we also had tickets for a band my Mrs wanted to see (I forget who). She said it didn't matter and came to the game with me. It pissed it down, the game was shockingly bad, we lost 2-0 (which flattered both sides as they really both deserved to lose about 6-0 such was the standard of football) and to top it off they weren't even serving beer in the away end. We then got soaked on the way home and I was not particularly popular.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunately the last Brighton game I saw at Hillsborough was quite possibly the worst game of football I have ever had the misfortune to go to.

It was a few years ago on a Monday night when we also had tickets for a band my Mrs wanted to see (I forget who). She said it didn't matter and came to the game with me. It pissed it down, the game was shockingly bad, we lost 2-0 (which flattered both sides as they really both deserved to lose about 6-0 such was the standard of football) and to top it off they weren't even serving beer in the away end. We then got soaked on the way home and I was not particularly popular.

Think how all the Hillsborough STH's must feel then...

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Forgot to add to my previous post you don't need to worry about waiting until nearer the start before picking a team as you can change your team as much as you like until deadline day on 14th August (when your team becomes set in stone for week 1 matches)! Noticed it's just me and Toby at the mo  :-*

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Dr T

• forum hero
Forgot to add to my previous post you don't need to worry about waiting until nearer the start before picking a team as you can change your team as much as you like until deadline day on 14th August (when your team becomes set in stone for week 1 matches)! Noticed it's just me and Toby at the mo  :-*
will join for certain, just gonna wait to see what the transfer market does  :-\

Ferrito

• regular
  • newsell
No! Join now!  :please:

It's looking like a bit of a love-in at the moment. Live dangerously.

Dr T

• forum hero
No! Join now!  :please:

It's looking like a bit of a love-in at the moment. Live dangerously.

ok then...

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
in, and hoping not just to be the most improved team this year  :P

tomtom

• forum hero
As there cannot be any HCAFC players in the FF league this year - I may stand a chance  ;D

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Pleased to see the arrival of Joe Cole today. A step in the right direction. I hope Roy can motivate the team sufficiently and bring in a couple more players without losing G&T before the season kicks off. It's going to be an even harder battle for 4th this season than last  :(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/8288460.Poyet_signs_new_contract/

:thumbsup:

At least we'll get a decent payout when the big clubs start sniffing about in a few months time....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The BEST goal celebration ever..... (via Nizza):

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
......and the worst:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero