UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357790 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
what's the odds on city winning on wednesday then losing at west ham?

I've no idea but I hope those days are behind us.....

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
After watching MOTD and listening to 606 I really, really hope we turn the Spuds over on Wednesday and give the Hammers a proper shoeing to take that fourth place.  Hansen, you can f*ck off you overpaid (£1.4m p/a) f*cking idiot and Alan Green you an'all you egocentric me, me, me, fat f*ck.... Liverpool are not going to achieve anything for the next few years and boo f*cking hoo if they get stuck mid table for eternity.  :furious: 

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
poor shef wed...  ;D

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
I see Gerrard has given Chelsea the title...  ;) :whistle: :great:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
The prefect finish to the day would be Bent getting a hat trick and going top of the Golden Boot table and of course confirming that the Scum did win the title.

Wednesday game was a corker though, how the fuck did John not kill the game off, awesome save. Wednesday should have converted their chances though. Dolly will be in tatters.

Dolly

• forum hero
I am indeed very low.
We just weren't good enough.

Will post more later when I've had chance to collect my thoughts on League 1 football...

Dr T

• forum hero
I am indeed very low.

Will post more later when I've had chance to collect my thoughts on League 1 football...

condolences - Jasper and I both know what it's like to have your team go down - Seagulls have had an interesting placement tracking as it were...

Dr T

• forum hero
from 606 - some hope for Tomtom?? maybe??

"After West Ham's loss, is it perfectly set up for Hull to win 22-0 away at Wigan tomorrow, meaning they can still stay up? Maybe not..."

tomtom

• forum hero
from 606 - some hope for Tomtom?? maybe??

"After West Ham's loss, is it perfectly set up for Hull to win 22-0 away at Wigan tomorrow, meaning they can still stay up? Maybe not..."

Actually, the plan is to get 12 against Wigan, and 10 against the Scousers on the last day of the season.
Rafa, The Wigan boss and Iain Dowie have been secretly slipping a wedge on Hull to survive... Qwality.

Playing for pride now (and the extra £800k of finishing 3rd from bottom) I hope Dowie gives the youngsters a full blooding tomorrow...
UTT.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I am indeed very low.

Dolly. It's little consolation but Ive been there (Div 2) with Man City and look where we are now.. The Owls are a big club with a long history and will bounce back given time as long the fans stay faithful.

Dr T

• forum hero
look where we are now..

looking for a new manager in 10 days time??  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I am indeed very low.

Dolly. It's little consolation but Ive been there (Div 2) with Man City and look where we are now.. The Owls are a big club with a long history and will bounce back given time as long the fans stay faithful.

Although I agree that they will bounce back, this is Wednesday we're talking about.....

It was a cracking game. Wouldn't have liked to watch it as a Palace or Wednesday fan as it was stressful enough with nothing riding on it.

Found myself wanting Wednesday to win it as my Palace hatred overpowered the consolation of a trip to see Brighton at Hillsbrough next season. I also think Wednesday will be more of a force to be reckoned with in League One as Palace could have gone into freefall with their financial situation. It's a fucking tough division as it is so another big team down there will not help our promotion chances.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
The prefect finish to the day would be Bent getting a hat trick and going top of the Golden Boot table and of course confirming that the Scum did win the title.

Ah well, lets hope Chelsea don't slip up against Wigan. or the Scum slip up against Stoke.

The Scum didn't look like title challengers today. We held our own for most of the game and could have sneaked a draw.

Berbatov's time at OT looks very limited.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The Scum have rarely looked like title challengers all season but somehow the bastards are still up there. I can't stand Chelsea but it's the lesser of two evils.

After Gerrard's generous back pass the conspiracy theorists will be out in force. In Italy of course, it's much more above board......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/may/03/lazio-roma-inter-serie-a

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Sorry but I can't resist.....

;D

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
The secrets of good comedy, lesson 231 - dead pan irony.

Don't blink when you deliver your monologue...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A67491750

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Wonderful.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
What odds on this man becoming the next England manager after the current squad implodes, and the fourth estate lines up to blame Capello for their failings?

We need a proven winner, I tell you!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Jesus.

Do ***NOT***, whatever you do, watch that clip to the very end.

Stop it at around / before 7:54.

Seriously.

tomtom

• forum hero
We're winning away.... we're winning awaaaaayyyaaaaay, we're winning away...  :pissed:

Oh fuck. We're not.  :) Story of the season. Still - the debuatant Atkinson scored, and Mark Cullen became the seasons youngest scorer with his first.. Maybe theres some hope for next season if we can pursuade Jimmy Bullar to give up his stool in the Weir Bar and go up to Geordieland (though I suspect we'll have to pay £15k a week for the next 3 years for the privelidge  :o )

Back to the snooker....

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
Jesus.

Do ***NOT***, whatever you do, watch that clip to the very end.

Stop it at around / before 7:54.

Seriously.

For those of you like me who never do what you are told take note of what aLICE says

It's a fucking Sting video at 7:54.  :o

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Like a red rag to a bull  :lol:

Dolly

• forum hero
Cheers for the consolations.
Amazing how quickly I've adjusted to the thought of third division football.
I guess there's a chance that Leeds will continue to mess up and stay down there so we'll have at least one local derby to look forward to.
I'm looking forward to watching players who give a toss as well (on the assumption that those who don't will be gone)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Should have proffered mine too and to tomtom now it's official, know how you feel guys, been through it many times.  Could be a derby/local game at Huddersfield too and Notts County promoted from L2 isn't far away.  Rotherham in the L2 playoffs too, they play at Don Valley at the moment.  So potentially four local games for you and five for Jasper.  Bonus.

And I hate palace as much as the next man but one guy that really deserved a break was Paul Hart.  After his treatment at portsmouth and qpr it was good to see something go his way eventually.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah he'll probably get sacked now. He's the Paul B of the football league.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal