UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357806 times)

Teaboy

• forum hero
I'm not sure what's in the United job for Jose. What could he do that would make people say "He really is special"? Winning three premier leagues on the trot? Done before. Winning the Champions League? Meh. The alternative is that Utd fail to win and he looks a bit of a knob. Far better for him to go to City with endless money and be hailed the new messiah.

With regard to the Fergie clip above, did anyone notice how he kept saying the problem with his post match comments where that you had to do press interviews straight after the match whilst at the same time repeating his remarks of the night? He really is an odious twat at times.

Finally, anyone else think that unless a wealthy benefactor comes along soon Liverpool will never make another Champs League appearance?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Unless the Red Knights or somesuch take over and get the £700m debt to a more manageable level then why would he want the job? They're fucked. Only the sale of Cock Face stopped them from making a loss last year and the report about their bond issue painted a damning picture of a financial entity on the edge......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/31/manchester-united-drop-revenue

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/09/manchester-united-david-villa

Gone are the days where the Man U job was the envy of all other managers due to them being able to step in and buy any player they liked.

:thumbsup:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Ok, yes, I can see that.  I think what I mean is that if fergie left at the end of the season then Jose would be top of utd's wanted list.  Whether he'd then want to go there is another matter.   

Apparently Mancini will be gone fom city even if they get fourth so maybe with Jose not loving life in Italy right now the timing would be perfect them.  It'd be interesting to see how loyal half the Chelsea team suddenly were too.

It looks like there's going to be more and more competition for the top four over the next few seasons, something's got to give, should be interesting.

Teaboy

• forum hero
Unless the Red Knights or somesuch take over and get the £700m debt to a more manageable level then why would he want the job? They're fucked.
:thumbsup:

Yes someone is going to lose out big time but I doubt Utd will disappear, there is a lot of value in the brand so that will be sold on. The question is whether it sinks into negative equity, people seem to think Utd is worth about £1.3 billion but that seems ludicrous for a company that makes £50 million profit in a good year (i.e, after selling one of its assets). At the moment all clubs seem to be relying on the sentiment of rich Arabs to work out their value but if no more choose to invest then you are left with a volatile business with poor profits. If it was a company selling widgets I doubt banks would be so happy to lend given their current figures. I sincerely doubt the Red Knights will make any difference. Its all very well going on an ego trip by saying you will 'save' United but when it comes down to it you'll actually be one of 50 people who help get rid of 25% of the clubs debt, not really worth spunking away your self made fortune for, is it?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :agree:

Plus the Glazers have no intention of selling. Wave as many Norwich scarves as you like, if you're still paying the fuckers by going to the games then they don't give a shit and why should they?

Asset stripping's the way to go. Carrington, Rooney, Old Trafford. It will be such a shame........

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Apparently Mancini will be gone fom city even if they get fourth

I really hope not. There's lots of debate on Bluemoon on this topic but I for one hope that we stick with him whether we get fourth place or not.

This speculation stems from an interview he gave at the start of his job when he was asked about the duration of his contract. He said something like "six months and three years" which could have mean't 'three and a half years' or 'six months and if I get City into Europe then three years'.

I'm well psyched for Saturday though, I hope they play really well but we still give them a thorough beating and knock the final nails into the coffin that is Manchester Utd  :)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I've been watching Sunday supplement too much maybe, one of the journos (local guy) on there a few weeks back said it was a certainty Mancini would be gone no matter what.  If he gets 4th it'd look good on his CV, he takes the payoff and in comes a manager with CL experience.  5th and he gets sacked.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
They should go the whole hog on Sunday Supplement and have them smoking fags, drinking and nipping to the toilets for a quick line.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Can't decide whether it's anything to worry about or just a dispute over unpaid fees, not sure whether this sort of share-grabbing tactic is commonplace  :shrug: 
I guess the fact that we've been denied the right to appeal answers the question of whether we need to cough up.  There's been a few things about this deal not seem right, not least anyone paying so ridiculously over the odds for the club, and then a few liabilities come to light since that you'd expect a hardened businessman and his advisors to have spotted beforehand. 

Still, we're 9th in the land of milk and honey, what could possibly go wrong?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Nothing Mr Ridsdale, nothing at all...........

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Shady goings on at Birmingham.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/15/seymour-pierce-sale-birmingham-city

Last month, Seymour Pierce, the company chaired by Keith Harris, sued to recover the fee it said it was owed for laying the groundwork for Yeung's takeover of the club.

Spokesman for the bank, Cuddles the Monkey was today reported as saying, "I 'ate that duck!"

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Finally, anyone else think that unless a wealthy benefactor comes along soon Liverpool will never make another Champs League appearance?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8624597.stm

tomtom

• forum hero
So Nai, score for Sat?
from the HCAFC side Dowie has apparently read the riot act at his players (none of them understood probably) so theres a fair chance we'll be even worse than last Saturday! I suspect 1 or 2:0. Though I'm keeping everything crossed for a sneaky away win of course.....
 ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Well we haven't won for seven games but are now unbeaten for 14 matches at home, after holding Arsenal and Liverpool this is the sort of match we would historically lose.  However this is new, improved blues so I reckon we'll scrape out a win (although I'd let you have the points to send West Ham down).

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
:agree:

Wave as many Norwich scarves as you like, if you're still paying the fuckers by going to the games then they don't give a shit and why should they?

Are the Scum fans really returning to their Newton Heath days or are they just supporting Norwich rather than Leeds at the top of Div 3?  :shrug:

They aint going to go out of business and I would much rather see Old Twaty Red Nose lose out on the pitch than by selling his prime assets.  Will make for a great whinge either way mind.  Something needs to happen to give Arsenal a leg up though.

Come on City ......

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's connected though. For years every time a decent player came to people's attention, The Scum bought them. Because they could. Now they can't even afford to hold onto what they've got. Naturally things on the pitch will be affected.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero

Wow. Goal of the season?

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Bloody hell FD, why couldn't you hold out for another minute.

If the might Mackems win today we are mathematically safe  ;D

2-0 up with just over half an hour left. Breath, relax, smile.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Sigh... we gave the ball away too easily the whole game today and missed a couple of sitters in the closing period.  That's three times we've lost against Utd in extra time this season and you'd think we would have learned something about keeping possession.

cowboyhat

• forum hero

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal