UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357859 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It's never nice in Manchester round a Scum match day. Says something when it's impossible to get a hotel room and the place is rammed with Irish and Southerners.
 :-\

Hartlepool's owners continue to be cunts..........
http://hkszs.th8.us/

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
 4-0 Sunderland. Get in. Thats a relief

Dolly

• forum hero
Anyone watch the Arse last night ?
I thought they were simply outstanding. Porto didn't play particularly badly just that Arsenal were amazing.

tomtom

• forum hero
I thought they were simply outstanding. Porto didn't play particularly badly just that Arsenal were amazing.
yes.. Worried about Saturday now.. Wonder if our goaldffernece will end up nearer -40..

Glad to see Fraizer Cambell making his mark last night.. How much is that per league goal, erm 3 million?? :)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
I was trying to concentrate on our match on the laptop but Arsenal were too distracting.
You've got to love watching them, hope they go to win something this year.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Going
Going
Gone

Seems HMRC are determined to take someone down.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
yes.. Worried about Saturday now.. Wonder if our goaldffernece will end up nearer -40..

Glad to see Fraizer Cambell making his mark last night.. How much is that per league goal, erm 3 million?? :)

His goal last night got us 3 points. Thats £1.167 million a point = bargain

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Going
Going
Gone

I'm not generally an apologist for them but in this case, you can see why HMRC might be getting a tad irritated. It's the owners of these clubs who need bringing to task or rather it's the Football League and Premier League who need to get their house in order to prevent people like Ridsdale being allowed to have anything to do with football.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

His goal last night got us 3 points. Thats £1.167 million a point = bargain

<Reply to wrong post>

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
Going
Going
Gone

Here comes another one...

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Bugger.

Is this what's going to do for pompey?
A statement from administrator Robert Adamson said:

As an officer of the court, one of my statutory obligations is that I must be satisfied, in my professional capacity as an insolvency practitioner, that a CVA is viable.

I cannot move forward this offer and meet that statutory obligation. The deal was based on creditors' accepting a reduced return but not all creditors were agreeable to this.

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm not really sure why there is such a media circus about Pompeys financial position. Its bad - and I feel sorry for the fans and the people that work there.. but we seem to be forgetting many other cases of club demise in the last 10 years (alone..)

Leeds. Champions league to Div 1.
Charlton. PL to D1
Norwich. PL to D1
Man City PL to D1
Oldham (who were in the PL)
Bradford PL to div 2
West Ham (my memories a bit sketchy here but didnt they go down two divisions?)

And theres probably more I'm not mentioning here... These clubs have gone into administration (mostly - not sure if all have) and are struggling to re-invent themselves. It seems the only differnce is that they've gone to pot following relegation rather than whilst still in the PL. If pompey had not survived last season then would there be all this attention? Maybe its the riches to rags scenario that makes good copy...

I'm not trying to put down whats happening at Pompey, more point out that this is an issue that has been around for at least ten years - and nothing seems to really have been done about it. The PL fit and proper persons check seems to fail to address whether the club is viable as a going concern - never mind whether or not the new owner has a shady past!

:shrug: and  :shrug:

Dr T

• forum hero
don't forget Southampton...

benpritch

• forum abuser

one of the best goals i've seen for a while...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm not really sure why there is such a media circus about Pompeys financial position.....

True in part. The media have gone to town on the situation because it's the first time a Premier League club has gone into administration before being relegated and I agree that on the face of it there's not a great deal of difference between that and doing it once they're in a lower division, but you've got to look at why.

The situation at Portsmouth is worse than at any of those other clubs cited and that's the reason that they've had to take the last resort of administration, a points deduction and guaranteed relegation from the Premier League.

Other teams have fought desperately to hang on to their Premier League status in the hope (misguided or not) that the guaranteed income from it would be enough to stave off administration. Portsmouth's owners know it's that bad that relegation doesn't even matter. The debts are so big (and immediate) they're just trying to make sure the club exists til the end of the season.

That's the difference and it's a pretty big one.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good explanation of the goings on at Pompey and of "administration" etc here. He's saying what I've said previously but is better at explaining than I am.

Well, whatever, I don't get paid for this shit.  ;)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Ben,  :agree:, Arsenal were stunning and Nasri's goal was one of the best I have ever seen.

IMHO the HMRC should concentrate their efforts on obtaining correct tax payments from bankers and politicians which would undoubtedly yield far more tax revenue than that owed by struggling football clubs.

I also imagine that a whole load of foreign players are registered as non-dom if they live out of the UK for the two month summer break and therefore won't pay UK tax.  Shouldn't they be doing their bit?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Of course they should be doing more to make the rich pay the correct amount of tax but it's also not fair that football clubs have been run as if they don't have to play by the same rules as anyone else.

VAT and PAYE are fundamental taxes which have to be deducted and paid by every registered business. What makes Portsmouth FC any different to Terry's Scaffolding Ltd? The fact is that these fuckers have been spending more than they can afford for years (mainly on transfer fees and players wages) and using HMRC as a bank to assist them to do so.

As I said, it's rare that I'm on the taxman's side and I don't want to see any club (well, nearly any club) go under but I can completely understand why HMRC have had enough of being dicked around by chancers.

Oh and  :agree: what a fucking goal by Nasri.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
I'm not saying that Pompey shouldn't pay up just that  HMRC seem to make a particularly fond target of football clubs when they could be chasing far more lucrative tax avoiders such as our glorious leaders and Lords and footballers themselves.  After all the more that others pay in tax, in theory, the less I need to pay.

As to why Terry's Scaffolding Ltd is different to Pompey - I would guess that Terry also owns Terry's Demolition and that funds are passed between the two for all sorts of purposes including debt avoidance on administration.  Call me cynical but I do work in construction  ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Man City never went into administration.  We just went down two divisions.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Norton - they waste far more time and energy chasing much smaller debts than those of the football clubs in question trust me. Plus they've actually been extremely lenient with them over the years in comparison to Barry's Wholesale Meat Suppliers (Rotherham) Ltd etc (I've never seen a company allowed to run up such enormous debts to HMRC as these clubs have ammased) but they've had enough.

As I said, I agree that they should have bigger fish to fry. This one for example, but that needs a change in the flawed legislation that allows such things.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
 :agree:

Right, I'm off to fill in my P87 for the last two years.  And rename my company Barry's Wholesale Meat Supplier (Rotherham) Ltd now that you've exposed me on the web.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :whistle:

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Barry's Cats and Dogs (Rotherham) Ltd should do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal