UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357856 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1050 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 18, 2010, 08:35:37 pm
That's not an opinion, it's FACT.

They are currently hassling a client of ours for £800. Threatening baliffs etc despite the fact that the debt was £5k and is being paid regularly.

Other clients owe tens of thousands and haven't even had a letter.

It has become a pathetic and nonsensical organisation but hey, they keep me in a job.

I think some of your clients ought to become some of mine.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1051 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 19, 2010, 09:13:10 am
If it came to it then I'd tell them to call you but, as you say, it's actually generally not a problem. They make a lot of noise but they're not really going to try to take someone to court over an £800 debt that's being paid!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1053 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 19, 2010, 09:35:58 am
from pompeymad forums:

This is what Portsmouth FC can offer a potential buyer

1: A business that spends more each month than it gets in
2: A delapidated stadium that needs serious cash spent on it to increase the capacity
3: A few players on long term contracts, the rest are out in the summer or on loan
3:£60m+ of unservicable debts
4:Almost certain relegation from the Premiership.
5: No training facility
6:Youth team/accademy dissbanded

But this is a little piece of brilliance:

I have just realised that I am excited about liquidation.

The reason I have stopped my season ticket over the past few years is that I decided not to keep subsidising the players and their ridiculous wages. The players car park at FP was a little vision on where some of where my money was ending up, stories of the likes of Defoe and their ridiculous demands took me over the egde and into the relevant safety of my armchair, albeit filling Murdochs pockets instead.

The excitement of liquidation comes from not really knowing whats going to happen other than we turn our persepctive on its head and can start looking on one direction, upwards. Just thinking that Gosport or Havant could be our closest rivals and that our furthest away game may end up being near the M25 rather than Newcastle leaves me feeling dizzy at the thought. 'If your all going to Staines clap your hands' has a certain charm to it.

Whenever I have gone to non-league games at any level I have always liked the thought that getting a burger took no longer than a couple of minutes and there is something beautiful in hearing the manager screaming obscenties at his players with perfect clarity wherever you stand in the ground. The thought of us taking 2-3000 to an away game makes me laugh and we really could mean it when singing 'who are ya?' to the likes of Bashley FC, brilliant!

Whatever level we descend to I have vowed to buy a season ticket again and will probably be joined by several of my friends and family who have all abstained in recent seasons for reasons not unlike my own. So exciting is the prospect that I am actually looking forward to whats happening with our club presently. We are doomed to relegation and not much points to survival at any realistically decent level in the first four divisions so why not take the route from the bottom upwards, at least it will end up back with the fans, and more importantly for the fans.

The most enjoyable times watching the club for me was when the likes of Noel Blake and Mick Tait would drink shoulder to shoulder with the rest of at Cowplain Social Club, the worst of times watching some kids being blanked by the likes of Defoe and co as they slink off to their supercars in a car park owned by a club that cant even afford a bit of tarmac for them to park on!

So I say lets get off to the B and Q Southern Section Div 4 Sunday league and start again and lets get back to having fun and stop the mediocre likes of Steven Ireland spunking hundreds and thousands of OUR money on pathetic things to fill their empty lives like £100k fish tanks and £250k 'pimp my ride' Bentleys for the 'pimp my wag' bitches. Lets get back to enjoying watching OUR money going into the pockets of the likes of Blake and Tait who, if your lucky enough, buy you a pint or two if you happen to be standing next to them in the bar of your local social club.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1054 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 19, 2010, 09:59:04 am
That is brilliant.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#1055 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 21, 2010, 03:23:33 pm
Meanwhile, it appears York City could have some very serious problems after they make a powerful enemy…

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6079671/

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1056 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 21, 2010, 05:13:07 pm
Aaaahh another frustrating performance from City this afternoon. Should've scored twice in the second half and put four points between us and Liverpool.   That and the week I decide to include Rooney in my FF team as captain and he's nowhere to be seen.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1057 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 10:32:57 am
Having not realised that Tevez was still absent from this game I left him in as captain. Doh! However, having checked the rules as he didn't play the captaincy will switch to my highest value player.......Fabregas. YYFY!

Can't see me catching the top two but that gives me a little more breathing space from the chasing pack.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1058 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 10:35:04 am
Oh and re Saturday's game. Yeah of course I would have taken a point at Elland Rd before the game (as so many people have kindly pointed out) but NOT LIKE THAT!
 :furious: :furious:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#1059 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 10:51:22 am
Really could do with Rooney getting a hatrick against West Ham tomorrow before I get left trailing a distant 2nd! Hopefully a Wes Brown red card and Evra gets the assists too  ;)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#1060 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 12:14:40 pm
Oh and re Saturday's game. Yeah of course I would have taken a point at Elland Rd before the game (as so many people have kindly pointed out) but NOT LIKE THAT!
 :furious: :furious:

What a shame  ;) ;D :lol:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1062 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 03:19:20 pm
Really could do with Rooney getting a hatrick against West Ham tomorrow before I get left trailing a distant 2nd! Hopefully a Wes Brown red card and Evra gets the assists too  ;)

ohhh nasty, how about Rooney misses a penalty, kicks the ref and is sent off, banned until the World Cup.
Evra gives away two penalties, both of which are missed, and is also sent off.  Despite being down to nine men utd push forward deploying Brown at centre forward.  He scores the winner in injury time, keeps a clean sheet and is MotM.  Unfortunately a Rooney hatrick is more likely.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1063 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 03:31:58 pm
How about Upson scores for the Hammers and they win one nil!

Seeing you lads hoping for a scum victory is why I'll not have any of the cunts in my team.  ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1064 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 03:42:16 pm
I'll take 0-0 :lol:.  Although I would like to see West Ham relegated  :-\

And I guess you enjoyed Zamora's winner more than i did yesterday.  :furious:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1065 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 03:53:52 pm
Yeah another couple of goals this week and people are making "Zamora for England" noises again. I'd like to see him get a chance but then I admit I am totally biased.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1066 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 04:08:08 pm
Capello was at CC yesterday so he might get a chance.  Wonder how his conversion rate compares to Defoe who seems to need several chances per goal at the moment?  Might have to ask optajoe.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1067 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 04:14:52 pm
Apparently Fabio had fucked off before Bobby scored!

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#1068 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 22, 2010, 04:23:22 pm
Its looking good in the championship for the toon at the moment i'm looking forward to the glory of premotion which will be admittedly short lived after the agony of being booted down from the premiership again.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1069 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 23, 2010, 05:13:08 pm
Relegation confirmed for Portsmouth.

As P&A, KPMG etc fall over each other to get the administrators job. Should mean that the team can at least finish the season. I just feel sorry for all the small businesses that will have been shafted so that Defoe et al could buy another Bentley.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1071 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 24, 2010, 08:47:19 am
Chelsea might be divorcing him too when they read this fom optajoe:
Ashley Cole has been making the headlines recently and rumours now abound that he may be on his way out of Stamford Bridge. How vital is he to Chelsea though? The Blues have won their last eight Premier League games in which he hasn't featured without conceding a single goal. In fact, since his first league appearance ...for Chelsea, they have not lost a single one of the 30 games where he hasn't been on the pitch.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1072 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 24, 2010, 09:01:14 am
It's all falling apart for him. Such a shame.  :thumbsup: :great: :dance1:

Great win for Brighton last night. Bet this was a good place to be:

It's been coming as we should have beaten Norwich and Leeds in the last two games. To say that all three of them thumped us just after Gus took over shows the progress he's made.

Now we just need to sort out our home form. Big game Saturday.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1073 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 24, 2010, 09:04:54 am
It's neck and neck at the top of the UKB league and I'm creeping up slowly Jasper :-)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1074 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 24, 2010, 09:19:46 am
Relegation confirmed for Portsmouth.

As P&A, KPMG etc fall over each other to get the administrators job. Should mean that the team can at least finish the season. I just feel sorry for all the small businesses that will have been shafted so that Defoe et al could buy another Bentley.

As I understand it the FA rules prevent an administration practice having more than one club on their books at any one time.

As the chap from P&A said this morning it was always about the player's wages.

The thing that amazes me is that the accountants and lawyers who did, or not, due dilligence won't get screwed for the losses.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal