UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357793 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#975 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 10:32:58 am
Hopefully things will go better this week and Lampard gets crocked rather than a hatful of goals so I can claw back Ian's lead at the top of the table  ;)

The big 4 breakaway is still there to see with a top 2 breakaway within that. Could be a big week with a couple of teams playing twice. Finding it really hard to decide who to make captain seeing as Arse v Man U could be any result and Chelski play twice  :-\

Quite proud that I'm clinging on to a top four place despite sticking to my no scum players / no Cashley / no Fat Frank etc self imposed transfer embargo.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#976 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 10:55:22 am
That's a fine effort. I am slightly ashamed at my season long inclusion of Cashley and Evra but not so much at putting in Wazza recently... many cheap points but vital ones  :whistle:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#977 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 11:00:05 am
Don't think it'll last though. Have had to use some points on an extra transfer as I had so many injuries. Could do with Tevez banging five in against Portsmouth and Arsenal hammering The Scum (for more than one reason!).

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#978 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 11:07:53 am
i couldn't resist bringing in Brown when I noticed they were playing the bottom three almost back to back.  Then he didn't play against hull :'(  Guess he'll be back in now Ferdinands banned though   ;D

Still a long way to go, as Rooney's haul showed last weekend you can make up a lot of ground if one of your players does something extraordinary. 

tomtom

• forum hero
#979 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 11:08:40 am
From todays Rumour mill (my morning break read...)

"Stephen Ireland's girlfriend, Jessica Lawlor, has launched a passionate defence of the Wag lifestyle. "People think if you're a Wag you do nothing or just go shopping all the time and that's not the case at all," she harrumphed. "My day starts at 7am doing the school runs. When people see the cars and house they think you have an easy life, but any mother of three young kids will know that in itself is not an easy job. Money doesn't change that." She also defended the £264,000 red-and-white personalised Bentley that Ireland gave her for her last birthday, featuring a driver's seat embroidered with a big pink heart and the words "To Jess Love From Stephen". Apparently it is "actually quite classy"."

And according to the Daily Star, all of Hulls squad is up for sale! Which will make Saturdays game interesting when the only player present will be Bernard Mendy  ;D

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#981 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 11:30:53 am
Should really have kept her gob shut, poor dear.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#982 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 11:53:18 am
Like my own team, I've been trying to break into the top 4 in the UKB league all season. Had a poor gameweek last week and dropped a place so hoping to pick up some points this weekend. 

It's the first season I've done proper fantasy league and really enjoyed it  :thumbsup: 

We should maybe have a trophy and  :beer1: somewhere central on the last game weekend?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#983 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 11:56:44 am
Good plan.

tomtom

• forum hero
#984 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 12:49:42 pm
Like my own team, I've been trying to break into the top 4 in the UKB league all season. Had a poor gameweek last week and dropped a place so hoping to pick up some points this weekend. 

It's the first season I've done proper fantasy league and really enjoyed it  :thumbsup: 

We should maybe have a trophy and  :beer1: somewhere central on the last game weekend?

At work we have (I didnt particpate this year) a league - and we all put in a fiver, and this gives manager of the month awards of a bottle of wine, and the rest (a couple of bottles) to the overall winner... Makes the monthly competition a bit more fun :-)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#985 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 01:51:26 pm
I wasn't sure there'd have been much of a response to this if the initial suggestion came with a request for cash, folk thinking they might be getting ripped off or hustled.   It's worked out ok i think, it's a good size league and generates some interest.  Although some seem to have given up, I reckon the engraver can start work on robstallioni's wooden spoon already.  And Pempoli looks a bit of a dark horse sneaking up on the rails.

I've been looking at my team all lunchtime and can't decide what to do.  I'm tempted to dro pmy villa players given their poor league form, upcoming games and cup distraction but  :-\ :shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
#986 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 02:09:21 pm
well I've emulated Hull Citys Umpalumpa in chief (Mr Brown to you sir..) by playing exactly the same squad in the same formation all season. However, unlike Hull City I seem to have found lower mid table security....

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#987 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
January 29, 2010, 02:40:40 pm
I did suggest a quid in at the start for the winner. Wish I had started paying attention to the league sooner - left it about a month before making any subs etc, but have managed to claw back a place or two and quite enjoying it. Sadly a bit of hike to be there for the final day though.

tomtom

• forum hero
#988 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 02, 2010, 10:20:19 pm
Yes Yes FUCKING Yes...
Just back from the KC what a game. Fantastic end to end action - felt like a cup tie and Hull were great value for the draw...
Buzzin  :)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#989 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 02, 2010, 11:44:11 pm
Yes Yes FUCKING Yes...
Just back from the KC what a game. Fantastic end to end action - felt like a cup tie and Hull were great value for the draw...

Ace! The best season for ages... What a result.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#990 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 03, 2010, 12:17:53 am
Sung to the tune of I Am The Lord of The Dance...

Chelsea Wherever You May Be,
Don't Trust Your Wife With John Terry,
Coz His Dad Sells Crack And His Mum Steals Tea, And He'll Cry If He Misses A Penalty!

tomtom

• forum hero
#991 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 03, 2010, 08:04:18 am
Yes Yes FUCKING Yes...

Ace! The best season for ages... What a result.

Yes - its great how theres still so many teams in it. The bottom half of the table is mega close. We're 3rd from bottom on 21 - and (I think) there are 4 other clubs on the same points (games played uneven of course...).....

Anyway - its Man City on Saturday! Sadly I'm not going  :( You got a ticket FD?

MOTM was the 'evergreen' Boetang... I dont know what kind of injections they must be giving him to keep him going (Universal Soldier style green goo?) but he ran and ran and ran....

Terry got shit all game  :) "Same old Terry - Always cheating" to the Big Ben chimes was common - comically (well sort of) replaced with - to the same tune "get your dick out - of bridges wife". And just when everyone was getting bored of that Cashley came on  :) and of course he wasnt going to get any stick was he!

Some interesting cameo's to watch though. Altidore vs Terry is a battle that will be played out in Englands opening world cup game and it's a close one. Altidore is getting stronger and more confident each week. Whilst he's scared of pulling the trigger he's rapidly learning how to roll a defender and earn a foul or two. He caused Terry not loads but quite a bit of grief and forced Terry to concede a Yellow card and free kick when he shook him off one time...

Zaki looked fat. Thats not a typo - fat not fast  ;D And he ran like a fat kit trying hard... he came on for the last 20 min and amused the home fans by waddlign as fast as he could between defenders and keeper when chasing the ball down...

Right, enough rambling going to float into work before my mind turns to relegation again  :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#992 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 03, 2010, 08:38:56 am
Interesting stat from @Optajoe: 3 - Hull City have lost only three Premier League home games this season, the same number as fourth placed Tottenham.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#994 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 03, 2010, 06:03:19 pm
Sung to the tune of I Am The Lord of The Dance...

Chelsea Wherever You May Be,
Don't Trust Your Wife With John Terry,
Coz His Dad Sells Crack And His Mum Steals Tea, And He'll Cry If He Misses A Penalty!

The England squad have been to talk with the FA and Capello, to insist Terry remains in the England squad for both the World Cup and the foreseeable future.

They said they don't want him to be in England when they're all abroad now that Fabio's banned their wives and girlfriends from travelling with them.

tomtom

• forum hero
#995 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 03, 2010, 06:59:00 pm
Apparently Capello has been on the phone to Wayne Bridge - telling him that Terry has lost his England arm band.
He was wondering if Bridge could have a look under his bed for it...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#996 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 04, 2010, 12:15:36 pm
Much as I hate The Scum this is very sad news for Hargreaves (who seems like a thoroughly sound chap) and for England.........

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/04/owen-hargreaves-manchester-united-champions-league

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#997 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 04, 2010, 12:40:56 pm
More stat goodness from @optajoe on Twitter...........

1 - Burnley have the worst away record in Premier League history after 12 matches on the road, one point, goal difference -27.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#998 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 04, 2010, 12:46:26 pm
I read somewhere that his knees are fine but it's become a psychological thing for him, he keeps imagining tweaks, won't train everyday, etc.  Maybe he needs a visit to Jerry's physion to be told "you're fine lad, do what you were doing before".

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#999 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 04, 2010, 12:52:04 pm
Sounds like a job for Derren Brown.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal