UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358154 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#725 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 26, 2009, 11:49:14 am
I heard Hart is still considering the position of "Technical Diretor". May as well screw some cash out of the fuckers as the ship sinks!

Re Bullard - yes.  >:(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#726 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 26, 2009, 01:24:27 pm

Dr T

• forum hero
#727 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 26, 2009, 06:03:27 pm
Surprise surprise, it's avram

so long as Danger mouse doesn't get a job as a premiership manager....

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#728 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 27, 2009, 03:30:27 pm
DFBWGC or Balls to Fiend, couldn't decide  :rtfm:

but thought these ball skills were worth a Friday pm posting.  Only person I've seen prance around more than this is Ronaldivio.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#729 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 27, 2009, 10:03:37 pm
I bet Harry's tried to sign her.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#730 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 27, 2009, 11:54:13 pm
too many clothes  ::)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#731 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 01:32:52 pm
Well we just about scraped past Rushden & Diamonds to make the third round of the cup. No glamour tie (or anything local for me to go to) but it's still a very good draw for us as an away trip to either Torquay or Stockport represents the best chance we've had in years of making the 4th round.

Some interesting looking ties for third round day which is always one of the best for sitting in front of Soccer Saturday and watching the cliches pour in. Magic of the cup etc etc.

tomtom

• forum hero
#732 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 01:51:56 pm
Well we just about scraped past Rushden & Diamonds to make the third round of the cup. No glamour tie (or anything local for me to go to) but it's still a very good draw for us as an away trip to either Torquay or Stockport represents the best chance we've had in years of making the 4th round.

Some interesting looking ties for third round day which is always one of the best for sitting in front of Soccer Saturday and watching the cliches pour in. Magic of the cup etc etc.

A good draw that - surely you could get over to Stockport to see that one? Just over t'pass  ;)

Hull have Wigan away - will be interesting to see how seriously each side takes it... we had a good cup run last year before getting knocked out by dodgy Arsenal in the last 16...

All in all a good weekend for most on this thread, Brighton through, Brum won, Ipswich won AWAY  :o  Sunderland... hmmm...
Was great to see this on Sat - even if I was sat with ManCity fans (had my hood done up so only my eyes were visible when the pen was taken!)...  :) 

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#733 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 02:17:42 pm
I'm still in shock after the weekend, great result for us, five unbeaten now and consecutive PL victories for the first time since 2004.

Stockport is a grim place for away fans in January, the away end is open with limited facilities, they've put seats in recently but it was probably easier to keep warm standing.  I'm hoping to get to Forest, a ground that I've not got to for some reason, it'll be a tough match though with them going so well in the CCC.

unlucky having to watch the game with the home fans tom, had to do that at Anfield in our first season up, we scored an equalizer in the 90th minute and I had to bury my head in my hands to hide the grin, couldn't celebrate til I got back to the car.  Best celebration ever, looks like Hull have got their team spirit back at last, must have been that walk on the bridge?

tomtom

• forum hero
#734 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 02:41:58 pm
Best celebration ever, looks like Hull have got their team spirit back at last, must have been that walk on the bridge?

;D I doubt it, I suspect our Matalan Mourihno has been bought down a peg or two by the new Chairman and thats been a healthy thing all round. That and Jimmy Bullard has started to prove that he's even better at football than he is drinking!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#735 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 02:43:11 pm
Heard about that Bullard celebration on SS. Fucking genius.

I'm hoping to get to Forest, a ground that I've not got to for some reason, it'll be a tough match though with them going so well in the CCC.

The City Ground is a pretty decent stadium. Watched Brighton chuck away a 1-0 lead there in 2006 (and paid £26 each for the privelege, yes for a L1 game). Just watch out for where you go before / after as there are some fucking dodgy areas nearby.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#736 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 02:53:22 pm
Matalan Mourihno
:lol: :lol:

The City Ground is a pretty decent stadium. Watched Brighton chuck away a 1-0 lead there in 2006 (and paid £26 each for the privelege, yes for a L1 game). Just watch out for where you go before / after as there are some fucking dodgy areas nearby.

Cheers Jasper, Stockport's not actually a bad place to go apart from during the match itself, there's pubs to avoid as always but http://www.footballgroundguide.com/index.html will point you at/away from those.  Although they still have to play their R2 match of course...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#737 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 04:49:14 pm
I see the Irish are asking FIFA to let them play in the World Cup as an extra team. Yeah good plan. About as sensible as...........

http://www.theargus.co.uk/blogs/blogs/albion_blogs/4768134.Get_me_Peter_Jones/

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#738 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 05:17:24 pm
Gutted about yet another City draw but the Bullard celebration was worth the equaliser.  Wtf's with his scarf though :shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
#739 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 05:46:34 pm
Gutted about yet another City draw but the Bullard celebration was worth the equaliser.  Wtf's with his scarf though :shrug:

Thats also been the talk of some HCAFC supporters.... main theories are
1. Lovebites
2. Southern Jessie...
3. Fashion cock up. Someone has gone and told him that its trendy
4. He's started shooting up in his neck as the tracks in his arms are shot...

Apparently the celebration was the idea of the Irish boys McShane & Hunt the night before. Also McShane had some fisticuffs with Bellamy in the tunnel afterwards. The city fan I went with on sat had the best description of Bellamy - 'here comes the angry ant'   :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#740 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 05:55:00 pm
McShane gets a lot of stick but he'll always be welcome in Brighton after........

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#741 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 30, 2009, 06:19:31 pm
Ipswich won AWAY  :o 

They did too - Keane likes Cardiff though - it was his first game as Ipswich manager last season and we won 3-0. Think that is seven games unbeaten for us now but we really have got to start winning more games - until the weekend we were the Championship's equivalent of Man City!

As it is we are starting to look a lot more solid now - we have found four people who can defend for 90 minutes and the midfield is looking OK. All we need now to complete the puzzle is some strikers who can score or at least get into the box and try! The number of crosses that were put into decent areas against Sheffield Wednesday with no Ipswich player within 10 yards was shocking. 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#744 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 02, 2009, 09:55:14 am
Amuses me that England team are going to be based in Rustenburg, my former hometown.

rich d

• forum hero
#745 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 02, 2009, 12:49:26 pm
It amuses me even more that if we can beat kettering at home, we've got man utd in the next round. What a perfect away day. Already got the wife booked for baby sitting. YYFY, however have to get past Kettering first NNFN

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#746 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 04, 2009, 08:47:27 am
Portsmouth may well be talking to insolvency practitioners today.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#747 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 04, 2009, 09:51:40 am
Portsmouth are fucked.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#748 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 04, 2009, 02:42:25 pm
It amuses me even more that if we can beat kettering at home, we've got man utd in the next round. What a perfect away day. Already got the wife booked for baby sitting. YYFY, however have to get past Kettering first NNFN

How dare you fellow Leeds fan refer to the Scum by any other name, you should be ashamed of yourself. :spank:

Only trouble is when Beckford scores a hatrick against them that they'll buy him in January and that'll be us done for. :'(

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#749 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 04, 2009, 07:43:41 pm
Don't restrict your scorn to Leeds fans, anyone (except possibly Scum fans) who refer to the Scum as anything other than the Scum should hang their heads in shame.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal