UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357845 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#625 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 08, 2009, 02:26:07 pm
I'd be keen for Hull to win and keep a clean sheet while Zayatte nicks a hatrick, Brown gets sacked anyway and Rafa takes over to steer them clear of relegation, and Liverpool get Martin O Neill off the villans  ;)

:lol:

If only you could afford to sack Rafa!

tomtom

• forum hero
#626 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 09:44:02 am
I'm still buzzin'   :bounce:   :bounce:  great game  :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#627 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 09:52:47 am
Think you deserved it. You were certainly due a bit of luck. A much better game than the dire fare served up later by Chelski and the Scum.

:yawn:

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#628 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 10:33:24 am
I thought the Scum game had its moments, mainly counting how many sendable off offences Evans would commit before he went in the book. I counted 2 - drop kicking Drogba (for which Drogba got booked) and then the trip/kick that led to him being booked.

And MOTD reckoned that all of the key decisions went against the Scum, what fucking game were they watching, certainly not the same one as me and Norton

tomtom

• forum hero
#629 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 10:47:29 am
Think you deserved it. You were certainly due a bit of luck. A much better game than the dire fare served up later by Chelski and the Scum.

:yawn:

Yup - that was dull(ish)...

Bullard made us tick yesterday. Aside from three speculative long rangers (the rebound of one was tucked away by Jan Van Hire of Hessle inc. ) he just played a really simple game - little passes. he WANTED the ball - always coming back to the keeper pointing to his feet. Oh my word, what a change from previous weeks when the squad would want the ball as much as if it had just landed in a load of dog shit.. Simple give and go - take the ball, simple pass. Our midfield had creativity (relatively speaking!).... It was like watching a different team. WHen we got a free kick, Bullard would take it straight away (like Newcastle used to under Keegan - first time..) rather than wait for the enevitable set play. Great to watch much better.

Shame Manure and CHelski didnt draw - as that would have made a more interesting table with the Arse looming below them... Still, I did enjoy watching ol' Red cheeks spitting his dummy out again about the ref. Twat.

Nearly as funny as watching Tuncay stomp down the tunnel after being subbed on - then off 6 mins later!

Stoke are a 'hard' side, but still pretty one dimensional. Compared to last season its a bit like they are trying to play some prettier stuff, but when that doesnt work its just back to whack, long ball, set pieces and the Delapidator. Sorry, those long throws are really negative - they take about a min each when its all done and dusted and FFS, its called FOOTball for a reason..... Ever thought you'd hear a Hull fan giving a lecture on the beautiful game!!?  ;)

galpinos

• forum hero
#630 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 10:49:22 am
I thought the Scum game had its moments, mainly counting how many sendable off offences Evans would commit before he went in the book. I counted 2 - drop kicking Drogba (for which Drogba got booked) and then the trip/kick that led to him being booked.

And MOTD reckoned that all of the key decisions went against the Scum, what fucking game were they watching, certainly not the same one as me and Norton

The decisions that went against them were Rooney getting blown up for off-side when he was clearly on-side and would have been one-on-one with Cech, I'd back Ronney to put the Scum one up, Terry dragging someone to the ground, Valencia?, penalty imo, the free-kick that lead to the goal wasn't a free kick and Drogba was "off-side" and definately involved in play as well as having pushed Wes Brown over.

I'm no Scum fan but thought they were hard done by.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#631 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 10:56:45 am

Bullard made us tick yesterday.

I said if he stays fit he could keep you up. He certainly injects a bit of urgency but not of the hoof it kind.

Shame Manure and CHelski didnt draw - as that would have made a more interesting table with the Arse looming below them...

If Arsenal win their game in hand then it's only two points. Although Chelsea look (boringly) very solid I still think it's a good thing that the Scum lost........ from a completely neutral position of course.

;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#632 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 12:31:21 pm
TWAT.

Ahh diddums! Poor Darren Fletcher, it's obviously that horrid Mr Wenger's comments that influenced the referee rather than the fact that you are a nasty, dirty, fouling twat who regularly gets away with murder at Old Shitford. I think it's hilarious that, for once, a free kick's been given against him when he didn't foul someone. Get over it.
 :-*

tomtom

• forum hero
#633 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 12:56:02 pm
TWAT.

Ahh diddums! Poor Darren Fletcher, it's obviously that horrid Mr Wenger's comments that influenced the referee rather than the fact that you are a nasty, dirty, fouling twat who regularly gets away with murder at Old Shitford. I think it's hilarious that, for once, a free kick's been given against him when he didn't foul someone. Get over it.
 :-*

I suspect thats old red face talking through Fletcher. Things are so locked down there that no-one says anything without Gin Cheeks giving the nod. I suspect his hand was up Fletchers arse giving a squeeze every time he's supposed to open his mouth.

If it is just fletcher talking for himself he really should keep his mouth shut.. by all accounts he had a great game, nullifying Deco and Essien. He should just sit back and revel in the fact that he is a good (if annoying) player....

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#634 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 01:17:45 pm
Whilst I agree that with the benefit of hindsight, i.e. MOTD2, Fletcher's foul on Cole that led to the goal wasn't actually a foul, Fletcher had kicked, tripped and yelled at the ref sufficiently to get himself in the book, if not sent off, prior to the tackle in question.  Whilst totting up of near-fouls isn't in the rule book it happens in real life.  Get over it you scum w**kers.

And how the MOTD punters didn't comment on Jonny Evans' kung fu kick on diddums Drogba is beyond me.  Evans deserved sending off imho.  I'd have sent of Vidic for laughing from the touch line too.  And the rest of the scum moaning jessies just for turning up.  And as for that Ferguson ...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#635 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 01:20:38 pm
Probably so tomtom although the whiskey swiller seems to be able to say what he likes and gets away with it every time anyway!

Whilst I agree that with the benefit of hindsight, i.e. MOTD2, Fletcher's foul on Cole that led to the goal wasn't actually a foul, Fletcher had kicked, tripped and yelled at the ref sufficiently to get himself in the book, if not sent off, prior to the tackle in question.  Whilst totting up of near-fouls isn't in the rule book it happens in real life.  Get over it you scum w**kers.

Precisely.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#636 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 01:32:14 pm
come on Norton, tell us what you really think  ;)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#637 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 01:34:02 pm
I think the Works is shit.  There you go mate  :kiss2:

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#639 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 01:40:08 pm
* sorry, forgot to type "van" in the middle of that sentence.

not sure what your link is to Graeme?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#643 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 03:30:55 pm
Come on Slopes, this is football! If Thaksin Shinawatra, Ken Bates and Roman Abramovich are allowed to own clubs then a web of dodgy BVI companies will have been welcomed with open arms.

;)

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#644 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 03:55:54 pm
If indeed Ken Bates does own a club.   :'(

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#645 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 07:16:50 pm
Come on Slopes, this is football! If Thaksin Shinawatra, Ken Bates and Roman Abramovich are allowed to own clubs then a web of dodgy BVI companies will have been welcomed with open arms.

;)

At what point does the phrase going concern come into it then?

tomtom

• forum hero
#646 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 07:23:37 pm

;)

At what point does the phrase going concern come into it then?

I guess part of the problem is that nowadays football is a business. But its a business where peoples passions run high and support is deep. Where emotions are involved people will make illogical/stupid/inspired/irrational decisions which means that money can be made out of this if you want to rip people off (Ken Bates possibly - maybe the Notts County thing) and you can also sink loads of money into a venture and run it badly due to your emotions (Mike Ashley take note..).

Blackburn is an interesting club to watch on this front. As its recent success was on the back of local millionaire Jack Walker. He has now died - but has left the club in the hands of a (I think) charitable trust - or some sort of company that ensures it remains solvent. No chairman to get upset/emotional, just a committee. Of course this means Blackburn are hamstrung compared to the clubs with rich benefactors that pour money into them... I ramble, my apologies...

cofe

• forum hero
#647 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 09:07:22 pm
Liverpool are doing well at half time....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#649 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 09, 2009, 10:26:26 pm
We are garbage  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal