UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357773 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#600 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 29, 2009, 01:45:35 pm
So Brown survives for now, players 1,000,000% behind him.  That sounds qiuite a long way behind.  Bad result at Burnley and he'll be gone do you think?  Replacement probably already being lined up maybe?

Cheers Graham & Nai...
Its all change/progress which is good news I think. Duffen talked the talk but couldnt.... it was AFAIK his first stint as a football chair... Looks like the old chairman is coming back. I suspect Browns days are numbered - he looked really edgy and unhappy in the news conference - biting the head off the local BBC reporter. THough I suspect its been a tough couple of days for him. I suppose he could have gone and Brian Horton could have led - but I think he will stay until a replacement is lined up. Feeling amongst the fans is that the only reason Brownie is still there was because of Duffen.

Still - we have to also say that Duffen and Brown have overseen the most successful period in the clubs 104 year history - and for that they should certainly be thanked.

My ticket for the Burnley game came through this morning - and I'm still excited about going which is the important thing. I dont know what will happen, I suspect capitulation. But if there has ever been a game where a managers career depends upon the result - its saturday. If we win - then he has a chance. If we loose then he as none.

But he's still a cock really. I mean saying the players are 1 000 000 % behind him. Honestly if ever theres a time for just being normal.. dick.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#601 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 31, 2009, 06:10:53 pm
Just got back to my folks after watching SAFC v WH'Bunch of cheating fuckers who fall over and appeal for anything'FC. Awesome game, 2nd half was amazing. Make sure you watch MOTD (not that you need reminding I am sure).

Anyway, Hull lost at Turf Moor (no disgrace in that, all the best teams are doing it  ;) ) so how long has Mr Orange got left

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#602 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
October 31, 2009, 08:37:45 pm
3-1? 2 men sent off? Of course I'll be watching. Laughter is the best medicine.

tomtom

• forum hero
#603 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 01, 2009, 08:32:11 pm
Just got back to my folks after watching SAFC v WH'Bunch of cheating fuckers who fall over and appeal for anything'FC. Awesome game, 2nd half was amazing. Make sure you watch MOTD (not that you need reminding I am sure).

Anyway, Hull lost at Turf Moor (no disgrace in that, all the best teams are doing it  ;) ) so how long has Mr Orange got left

I was there - and (strangely) enjoyed the game. Old school ground  - nice to be in a tin shed with good (loud) acoustics - and proper pies that came in a paper bag - e.g. they were not made by some huge company.

We woz robbed guv. Shocking penalty decision, and a goal that should have stood all happened right in front of us. PB is a cock (honestly who says in a pre-match interview "I am the most successful manager Hull City has ever had" - technically true but you leave that for others to say..), but he doesnt really deserve to go based on saturdays performance.

Still, plenty of action, controversy and talking points. What happens for HCAFC god knows. Investigation now into the Turner transfer, we apparently have a wage bill of £40mill PA. Maybe much of this is not all down to Brownie but the ex-chairman. I suspect Brown will go in a few games time, but honestly, could we get (as in persuade to come) anyone better to replace him?  :shrug:

Hey Bluebrad - did the tractors get a win at the weekend!!?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#604 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 02, 2009, 09:30:40 am
Hey Bluebrad - did the tractors get a win at the weekend!!?

The tractors finally won at the weekend at the 15th time of asking!  :bounce: It was a poor match by all accounts but a win is a win and I am just really glad to get that monkey is off our back - sure we are still bottom of the table but the lofty heights of mid table look a bit closer than they were...  ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#605 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 04, 2009, 07:22:37 pm
hahaha, Sid James' Park is now called the sportsdirect.com @ Sid James' Park Stadium

Hang your heads in shame all of you Barcodes.

tomtom

• forum hero
#606 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 04, 2009, 07:55:47 pm
hahaha, Sid James' Park is now called the sportsdirect.com @ Sid James' Park Stadium

Hang your heads in shame all of you Barcodes.
Ashley really is a cock. Is he doing this to wind up the Mags fans?

Dr T

• forum hero
#607 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 04, 2009, 09:08:26 pm
Ashley =  :wank:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#608 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 05, 2009, 12:24:18 pm
Just wasted thirty seconds of my life reading possibly the most pointless article I have ever seen.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=916262.html

What a complete load of shite!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#609 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 05, 2009, 07:01:40 pm
Clearly Liverpool are going to scrape through with 2 last gasp victories and a favour from Lyon in Florence then go on a luck filled rampage disposing of a big european team followed by Chelski then Utd in the Final... or maybe not  :'(

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#610 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 05, 2009, 07:10:55 pm
Hopefully without that traffic cop of a Greek virtually waving the opposition through...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#611 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 11:59:21 am
I've remembered to do my subs and transfers this gameweek and will be hoping that Sunderland do Tottenham, Chelsea beat the Reds to make my way back up the UKB league after dropping 5 places last weekend. 

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#612 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 12:26:09 pm
Would love to see Sunderland stuff the Spuds. Was it just me who had a funny feeling that statements such as this and this would come back to bite the poor Tiny Totts on the Arse last weekend? How I chuckled as I saw the Arsenal goals fly in and Robbie Keane......

........well he probably feels a bit silly.

Every year they build themselves up and every year they end up looking fucking stupid. You would think that they would learn.

On a more important note, it's still unclear as to who is going to take over from Slade at Brighton but fortunately Dennis Wise has been ruled out. THANK FUCK!!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#613 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 12:35:43 pm
On a more important note, it's still unclear as to who is going to take over from Slade at Brighton but fortunately Dennis Wise has been ruled out. THANK FUCK!!

I saw Coppell's name mentioned.  Is he an option?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#614 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 01:18:39 pm
He's ruled himself out unfortunately. Said at 54 he only wants one more job and it'd have to be at or near the top level. He's already favourite for the Hull job when Brownie gets sacked on Saturday.
 ;)

Names mentioned for the Brighton job are Jim Gannon, Colin Calderwood, Nigel Adkins, Gus Poyet and Steve Tilson but it's anyone's guess. I'm just glad that Wise is out of the picture (although I've also heard rumour of Tony Adams I don't think Tony Bloom would be that stupid).

I feel a bit sorry for Slade as he wasn't able/allowed to bring his own coaching staff in and basically Dean White and Bob Booker (who have now also been sacked) weren't up to their respective coaching roles (having been at the club for years and being from a bygone era).

So Slade kept us up, brought a load of decent new players in but didn't have the backup to mould them into a team. These were the rumours from the players anyway who seemed to be unimpressed with the standard of coaching. Whoever comes in will be able to bring their own staff in and will not be handicapped the way RS was.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#616 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 01:41:48 pm
He's ruled himself out unfortunately. Said at 54 he only wants one more job and it'd have to be at or near the top level. He's already favourite for the Hull job when Brownie gets sacked on Saturday.
 ;)

Skybet have Jewell (quite rightly) as fave although I did read that O'Dreary's relationship with Adam Pearson made him a shoe-in for the job.

Names mentioned for the Brighton job are Jim Gannon, Colin Calderwood, Nigel Adkins, Gus Poyet and Steve Tilson but it's anyone's guess. I'm just glad that Wise is out of the picture (although I've also heard rumour of Tony Adams I don't think Tony Bloom would be that stupid).

Not really familiar with any of them although Calderwood used to play for the vile so probably best avoided.

Tony Adams should never manage again anywhere in the world.  Just watching what a wreck of a pundit he is or the crap he writes in newspaper columns should be enough to deter any right-minded chairman.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#617 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 01:52:14 pm

Not really familiar with any of them although Calderwood used to play for the vile so probably best avoided.

Gannon: Did well at Stockport til they went tits up financially, now doing good things at Motherwell.

Calderwood: Took Northampton up from L2 and Forest up from L1. Assistant at Newcastle now.

Adkins: Took S-cunt-horpe up to the Championship twice with ex-Albion Andy Crosby as assistant.

Poyet: Was the reason Wise looked a half decent manager at Leeds.

Tilson: Won L1 on a shoestring with Southend and got em into the playoffs again after relegation from the Championship.

Bloom is a very clever bloke so I really can't see the Adams stuff as being anything other than bullshit. As you say, although I have massive respect for him as a player and for the way he turned his life around, he hasn't got a fucking clue.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#618 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 02:03:41 pm
Yes a great player, especially after he cleaned up, massive respect for that.  Addicted isn't a bad read as far as footballer's bio's go.  One would imagine he did ok as assistant at Portsmouth too, can't see Harry suffering fools (players (e.g Bentley) excepted) in his staff.

Of course, I remember Gannon & Calderwood now but going on your brief summary I fancy Tilson.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#619 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 02:15:19 pm
I've read Addicted. A good read and he doesn't pull any punches!

Yeah, I'd be most happy with Tilson or Adkins I think. Afterall, it's promotion from League 1 we're after so someone with plenty of lower league experience makes more sense to me than some of the names that have been bandied about (Southgate FFS). The position we're in isn't representative of where the club is heading with the stadium well on it's way and an ambitious chairman willing to invest more. Could be a great job for someone but I can see why Coppell's not bothered as it'll be a long term project.

tomtom

• forum hero
#620 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 05:39:07 pm
 ;)

Skybet have Jewell (quite rightly) as fave although I did read that O'Dreary's relationship with Adam Pearson made him a shoe-in for the job.

I dont think Jewell will be asked - after all his spell at Derby wasnt exactly a success... Word on the hard streets of Hull is that Curbs is popular, but the real candidate is ol' Mr Umbrella himself, Steve McLaren. He's from the area originally and there are still strong family links to the region.... well it could be worse...

But personally, I think Brown will be kept. I think we'll see alot lot less of him media wise (we already have) and the new Chairman is keeping a tight reign on things. In fact we've heard none of the "Million Percent" "saving woman from bridge" "I AM GOD" type things from him this week. Good.

THeres loads of gossip about Brown being a wanker when out drinking, giving it the large one when he shouldnt really. And that he'd been knobbing Duffens daughter. I suspect we'll see a far more 'applied' Brown if he keeps his job. Friend of a friend (etc..) works in the ticket/back office at the KC and says pre-Pearson morale was dire - his words were it was rotten from top to bottom. Seems that the Champagne days of Duffen are well and truly over. Good. Turner was sold for £4million (you lucky sods Graham) only because it was ALL cash up front. I suspect that was needed to pay that months wage bill (c.£3 million a month).

Also be interesting to see if Sir Jimmy of Bullard makes an appearance thats not in a pub... Taxi drivers are full of talk of JB rolling/staggering/being carried out of various drinking establishments in Hull - and there are also strong rumours that he's developed a rather large taste for the white nose powder... Surprised theres not been any youtubes of this yet...

I have a dream think that we will win on Sunday. 2:0.

I shall start tenderising my hat to eat after I'm proved wrong.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#621 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 06, 2009, 08:35:56 pm
I'd be keen for Hull to win and keep a clean sheet while Zayatte nicks a hatrick, Brown gets sacked anyway and Rafa takes over to steer them clear of relegation, and Liverpool get Martin O Neill off the villans  ;)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
#622 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 07, 2009, 07:06:04 pm
Would love to see Sunderland stuff the Spuds.

Sorry we couldn't oblige  >:(

Wolves getting a good thrashing by the Gooners and looking prime relegation fodder

tomtom

• forum hero
#623 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 07, 2009, 07:23:33 pm
I'd be keen for Hull to win and keep a clean sheet while Zayatte nicks a hatrick, Brown gets sacked anyway and Rafa takes over to steer them clear of relegation, and Liverpool get Martin O Neill off the villans  ;)

Wow - either you've got a rather complicated accumulator on the go, or its a mixture of fantasty footy and general hopes!

Been given a ticket for the game tomorrow...  :bounce:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#624 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 08, 2009, 02:24:40 pm
Story of Hull's season so far. Loads of decent possesion but toothless up front and then concede.

If you get McLaren you are truly fucked!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal