UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357856 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
They can go for all I care.  After Liverpool were allowed in despite not qualifying, and were seeded, it appears to be what uefa wants too.  It'd be great for the majority of fans if the league we'reopen again, not just a competition for 5th place.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Well done Burnley  :thumbsup: (as City are beating Barca at the Nou albeit in a friendly) that's made my night.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Heard the result this morning on the way to work. Wonderful news!  ;D

tomtom

• forum hero
Hull 1, Spurs 5  :( the only slightly good things about yesterday evening were that ScumU were beaten and Defoe is in my FFL...

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Utd missed a penalty too, why did Carrick take it when Rooney, Owen and Giggs were all on the field?  Cracking goal tho, at about 45 sec

Much needed win for us last night but poor game by the sounds of it and less than 20,000 turned up.  It's gonna be a long season for us Tomtom.

tomtom

• forum hero
Yup - its going to be a long long season. My first home game is on Sat (v Bolton) - and I cant wait! Hoping for some sort of backlash now! Oh well...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
My boss goes to watch Bolton and said they were absolutely shocking at the weekend.

tomtom

• forum hero
My boss goes to watch Bolton and said they were absolutely shocking at the weekend.

Good, it'll be like the Hull v Wbrom game at the KC last year - battle to see who is shitter... Hopefully Altidore will be here for that game which may mean we have a striker apart from Cousin, who seems more interested in where his next hit of CrystalMeth is coming from....

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Good, it'll be like the Hull v Wbrom game at the KC last year - battle to see who is shitter...

I reckon the battle to see who's shittest took place last night and the answer is Portsmouth.

The weekend will tell us a lot, Stoke and Bolton at home should be winnable matches if either of us are going to have a realistic chance of staying up.

tomtom

• forum hero
Good, it'll be like the Hull v Wbrom game at the KC last year - battle to see who is shitter...

I reckon the battle to see who's shittest took place last night and the answer is Portsmouth.

The weekend will tell us a lot, Stoke and Bolton at home should be winnable matches if either of us are going to have a realistic chance of staying up.

I still have hope that Pompey and Wham will go bust - leaving just one seat for relegation..... Only 20k for first home game of the season? Thats not great... First manager to go? I recon if we dont win on Sat then the pressures really on Brown.. Chelsea game was a good fight, Spurs were really good (though we were better than we have been - we were not great) but Bolton at home is one earmarked as 3 points...
Best of luck for the weekend...
For now its cricket to concentrate on!
T

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

For now its cricket to concentrate on!
T

At least that's only five days of suffering...

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
The Beeb have an excellent selection of goals from the last week http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8212866.stm

Which reminded me of this, which is always worth another viewing

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Theres some wankers out there http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news2/Hillsborough-insult-on-Manchester-United.5571693.jp

Cunt.

A company spokesman said it would now only allow printing of current football players names and numbers on football shirts.

Good job I already got my Munich '58 shirt printed then.  ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
The pr0n merchants are on their way out of Brum at last, sounds like a done deal

But

Quote from: LSE
The Offer values the entire issued share capital of Birmingham City at approximately £81.51 million and represents a premium of approximately 55 per cent. to the Closing Price of 64.5 pence per Birmingham City Share on 20 August 2009, being the last Business Day prior to this Announcement, a premium of approximately 150 per cent. to the Closing Price of 40 pence per Birmingham City Share on 11 August 2009, being the last Business Day prior to the commencement of the Offer Period and a premium of approximately 240 per cent. over the average Closing Price for the 6 month period prior to this Announcement of 29.4 pence per Birmingham City Share.

Why would an investor pay so over-the-odds?  Is this common practice in takeovers?  It's no secret the current owners want away, surely they'd have settled for less?  I keep wondering how we can be worth £80m and the only explanation is that we own a huge plot of land within walking distance of the UK's 2nd largest city.  Or is it just about opening new doors for Carson Yeung?

[/cynic]

tomtom

• forum hero
How does the automatic substitute thing work on the FFL? I figured it meant that if one of my players was not playing but one of my subs was it would automatically sub them.. but looking at my points today that does not seem to have happened - or does it take a day or two to update?  :shrug:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Might be cos there's still one game left in this Gameweek?  :shrug:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

tomtom

• forum hero
Yanks sign up clueless fool.
Thank god I dont have ESPN. I like KK's passion for the game - its infectious - but he just has a dreary whining tone quite often. Wonder how long it'll be before he walks off..  ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Might be cos there's still one game left in this Gameweek?  :shrug:

Spot on.

Yanks sign up clueless fool.

So that's ESPN and ITV that can only be viewed with the sound off then.

tomtom

• forum hero
Oh the irony....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :lol: Unbelievable.

What's that tit Lawro doing there by the way?

tomtom

• forum hero
:lol: Unbelievable.

What's that tit Lawro doing there by the way?

Good spot! being 'serviced' by the chap low down in the white T shirt??  :shrug:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Can't see the pic now for some reason.  :shrug:

tomtom

• forum hero
Can't see the pic now for some reason.  :shrug:
hmph... this work for you?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal