UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357826 times)

cofe

• forum hero
he seems to be a prime candidate for heart-attack-and-drop-dead. that ponse ronaldo leaving will have rattled him for sure.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Dr T

• forum hero

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Thought I'd give this a final punt...

We've now got 17 teams in the UKB FFL awaiting the bick kick off this weekend, anyone wishing to join get in there before 11:30 Saturday.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/home.mc

league name ukbouldering
joining code 246916-62862

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Unbelievably none of my players have been injured in pre-season........yet.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I have no idea if mine are or not? Just remembered why I was so shockingly bad at this last time I tried.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Pick that out:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
When a player's injured or suspended his information link  () displays as or depending on the severity.  Injury details and expected return date are available in the link.  Pretty accurate for long term injuries but don't go getting rid of half your team on the strength of a yellow link

Dr T

• forum hero
One injury but most will be not playing week two as there are only 6 games on...  :wall:

SA Chris

• forum hero
When a player's injured or suspended his information link  () displays as or depending on the severity.  Injury details and expected return date are available in the link.  Pretty accurate for long term injuries but don't go getting rid of half your team on the strength of a yellow link

Cheers. That's way better than the one I did before.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Dr T makes a good point, as next week's European matches clash with the midweek PL games (gameweek 2) there will be eight teams whose players aren't involved, although they will play a double week at some point duing the season instead.

Curently I could only put nine players out midweek, mostly reserves, so do you make changes or just accept that's it a long season and you don't win it in the first week?  :devangel:

SA Chris

• forum hero
Playground apparatuses that are powered by by potential energy being converted to kinteic energy and back, and playground apparatuses powered by rotational forces.

A dilemma to be sure.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Man I only just realised that you don't have to play 4-4-2.

Good job I realised it was probably a good idea to read the rules before it starts.  :wall:

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Fuck.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Can't argue with this. To think Valencia were only after £35m for him. Adebayor £25m..........  :shrug:

Dr T

• forum hero
apologies to our Scottish friends but I am rather enjoying this Norwegian performance.....

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
i normally support Scotland but as a Scottish mate is currently laughing at our pathetic perform,ance at Headingley I am supporting Norway - we also have a fiver on the game.

I am ready with my "Alex Salmond, Sean Connery, Billy Connolly, The Proclaimers, Bonnie Prince Charlie. Your boys took one hell of a beating" (and before the pedants jump up and down I know its a massive misquote)

SA Chris

• forum hero
Well that 6 pack of whup ass was well and truly finished.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
From the Guardian's "Today in Sport-Live"

2.40pm A statement arrives from Tottenham, regarding David Bentley, who has been charged with a drink-driving offence and subsequently bailed by police until 28 August.

"I should like to apologise to my club and the supporters for my actions which led to my car accident last night and my subsequent charge. It was wholly unacceptable and I fully appreciate that as a professional footballer I have a duty to behave in a reputable and responsible manner. I am thankful that nobody was injured in the accident. This has been a wake-up call for me both personally and professionally."

Even for a football player, that is the most cliche-ridden load of bollocks I've read in a long time.

Dr T

• forum hero
From the Guardian's "Today in Sport-Live"

2.40pm A statement arrives from Tottenham, regarding David Bentley, who has been charged with a drink-driving offence and subsequently bailed by police until 28 August.

"I should like to apologise to my club and the supporters for my actions which led to my car accident last night and my subsequent charge. It was wholly unacceptable and I fully appreciate that as a professional footballer I have a duty to behave in a reputable and responsible manner. I am thankful that nobody was injured in the accident. This has been a wake-up call for me both personally and professionally."

Even for a football player, that is the most cliche-ridden load of bollocks I've read in a long time.

Jasper -there are words of more than 2 syllables in that statement - clearly the work of a highly educated PR guru......  ;D

tomtom

• forum hero
OK balls to Fiend readers... lets have a game/wager. Pick your top 6 and bottom 3. 1 point for each correct one - Winner gets a prize of a half eaten croissant or a barely used size 6 pink anazazi  :)

1. Chelsea
2. Man ScumU
3. Man City
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Villa

18. Wigan
19. Pompey
20. Burnley

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
City 3rd!? Not a hope imo.

I'd like to see Liverpool win it to rub that Red Faced cunts face in it but I think it will probably be:

1. Chelski
2. Scousers
3. Scum
4. Gooners
5. Everton
6. City

18. Hull
19. Portsmouth
20. Burnley

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
he seems to be a prime candidate for heart-attack-and-drop-dead. that ponse ronaldo leaving will have rattled him for sure.

A friend of mine has seen SAF's medical records. He's already had several major heart problems over the years which have been kept hush hush.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal