UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357791 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
As is usual with these things my team looks awesome but will no doubt achieve absolutely fuck all before most of them get injured.

I will then change them for the players who have started the season really well who will promptly achieve absolutely fuck all and then get injured.

All the while, players who I refuse to pick (all of Man U, Fat Frank, Cashley etc) will be scoring points for fun as I hurtle towards the bottom of the league asking myself why I bothered when I knew this was going to happen.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
So you have played this before then? :)

I feel your pain. my team always looks good on paper. Sadly they have to play on grass.

Ferrito

• regular
  • newsell
Having joined the work league, I've just joined the UKB league. It'll be interesting to see which I come lower in, as the team is picked on names that I recognise only...

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
OK despite knowing feck all about the play acting wimps variety of football I have entered my team Sloper's Proles and we'll see how they fair.

Anything other than coming in in an abject last place will be a massive result and a triumph of ignorance.

tomtom

• forum hero
Joe Kinnear apparently given 2 year deal as Newcastle manager (has he the heart for it - groan..)
Great vid here thanks to Jasper... one for you Graham..

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
At Bobby's shrine:

SA Chris

• forum hero
OK despite knowing feck all about the play acting wimps variety of football I have entered my team Sloper's Proles and we'll see how they fair.

Anything other than coming in in an abject last place will be a massive result and a triumph of ignorance.

So that's a nice even 15. Great stuff.

tomtom

• forum hero

Bigger than the SPL!  ;) can we get a TV deal.....

tomtom

• forum hero

Bigger than the SPL!  ;) can we get a TV deal.....

Speaking of which... Dinamo Moscow Vs Celtic live on the BBC here & now... (or also on red button I think)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
By the way, I knew Lincoln would be a scum supporter!  :spank:  :lol:

;D

SA Chris

• forum hero

Speaking of which... Dinamo Moscow Vs Celtic live on the BBC here & now... (or also on red button I think)

Remarkable result.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah I was at the gym and saw they were 1-0 up. Thought "that wont last" and then heard the result driving to work this morning. Really good effort that.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Scored by yet another ex-City player who plays out of his skin once out of a Blue kit.  I imagine Elano will be featuring highly in the Turkish league top-scorer's table this coming season.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/aug/06/darren-bent-twitter-tottenham-hotspur

Good article.  I've been enjoying Bradley Wiggins' post-tour pissed up ramblings over the weekend.

tomtom

• forum hero
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/aug/06/darren-bent-twitter-tottenham-hotspur

Good article.  I've been enjoying Bradley Wiggins' post-tour pissed up ramblings over the weekend.

Its fallen under the media radar a little, but Jozy Altidores signing to Hull was 'announced' by him unofficially by twitter about 5.40 last night. This was great - myself and other HCAFC fans had followed him, and some had posted notes along the lines of be good to have you here etc.. I was listening to local radio wondering what had happened, when a tweet from him comes through saying looks like my first game of the season will the Chelsea!! Result!
I'm still not 100% sure about Twitter, but that was great - the person (not the club) getting through to the fans - and also for fans to get in touch with him. THere were loads of tweets (if you seached @jozyaltidore17 on twitter for tweets from others) from all over the world (particularly US) about it...

On another rather spooky (but good) twitter moment, I posted a tweet ranting about not getting a Belkin Router to work (it turned out to be hardware and had to go back to the shop) and 10 min later I had a message from @Belkin saying 'why not give tech support on 0845,,,,,, a ring to try and sort it out' so they have someone scanning twitter to see if they can help! A bit big brother - but also quite useful...

PS - anyone listen to 5lives Newcastle special last night.... sounding grim up there...

tomtom

• forum hero

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Rafa should sign Beckham.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Beckhams are apparently house hunting in Chelsea. 

Because they don't have enough egos in that team already.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW:

Celtic to play Arsenal in play-off to reach group stages

tomtom

• forum hero

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW:

Celtic to play Arsenal in play-off to reach group stages

That'll be good!
:whistle:

tomtom

• forum hero
Just watching the NUFC/WBA game - great its on TV and its a good game so far... but aside from a minging away kit (which we've discussed here before), What the fuck is going on with Newcastles hair cuts! Cockocini looks like a poodle. Smith looks like a cross between a boy band wanker and a cnut in a 'Yates' wearing a Henleys T shirt looking for a fight on a Sat PM, Gutierez needs a #1 and Cooke - he really should have more product in his game than his Barnet.

Note, was Collocini REALLY 10 million.. someone saw Newcastle coming there....

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Good to see Old Red Nose getting off to a good start  ;)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
He's been at it all pre-season. Every time I open a paper he's blathering on about City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal... somethings got him rattled and I wonder whether he's feeling the pressure.   He's going to blow a gasket this season and I only hope that the FA step in and serve him the disciplinary he's going to earn.  I've huge respect for him but he does get away with murder..

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
They'll do nothing as per. What Benitez said last season (which was wrongly described as a rant and him losing the plot) was spot on. Redface can do what he likes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal