UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1357835 times)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
We will all be learning the robot dance soon  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
So the same bloke who headed the Company that bought Man City has now bought Portsmouth and the Premier League say that's no problem at all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8160777.stm

This is getting silly.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
We will all be learning the robot dance soon  ;)

Or not.

Seems he was impressed with the club and even agreed personal terms. Was he put off when he went looking for somewhere to live?  :-\  ;)

tomtom

• forum hero
We will all be learning the robot dance soon  ;)

Or not.

Seems he was impressed with the club and even agreed personal terms. Was he put off when he went looking for somewhere to live?  :-\  ;)

Excellent... forgive my schadenfruede, but its good to see that clubs other than Hull have trouble with bringing players in...

When I went away 2 weeks ago HCFC had their fingers in three transfer pies, Cambell, Fortune and Owen (we had bob hope there really) and when I came back... they had none.

tomtom

• forum hero

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Also at http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Gerrard_totally_lost_it_and_hit_man_like_a_boxer&in_article_id=706533&in_page_id=34

Particularly like "Almost immediately after the blow from John Doran, in fact within seconds ...", quality reporting that. 

tomtom

• forum hero
Also at http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Gerrard_totally_lost_it_and_hit_man_like_a_boxer&in_article_id=706533&in_page_id=34

Particularly like "Almost immediately after the blow from John Doran, in fact within seconds ...", quality reporting that.  

Sadly they are probably quoting the prosecution....

I'm interested what his take on it will be. Sounds like they have CCTV of Gerrard in action... Maybe it was Joe Barton dressed up..

Dr T

• forum hero
argh balls  :'(
one in one out at the Gunners, the news of Thomas' return had to have a counter story.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
argh balls  :'(

Just when Rosicky and Eduardo are coming back. Arsenal are cursed.

It seems that Gerrard is going for self defence despite the video evidence. Either his lawyers have something up their sleeves or he's been advised very badly. The other 6 involved have all pleaded guilty!

tomtom

• forum hero
Having seen the Stevie G CCTV video on the news - I cant see how he's got a legal leg to stand on, esp when all the others pleaded guilty! The footage is a but fuzzy, but I cant see what else he's doing apart from giving the bloke about 3 upper cuts!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Can only see 1 punch for certain and that looks to come from from the bloke stood at the front, not Stevie G

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I hear Chelsea are complaining about the tapping up of John Terry. Hello, Mr Kettle? It's Mr Pot here.....

A bit like The Scum complaining about Real Madrid behaving exactly like they did with Berbatov.  :wank:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
 :lol:

This was in The Daily Mash the other day.

tomtom

• forum hero
:lol:

This was in The Daily Mash the other day.

Yup a scoop for the Daily Mash! good stuff. the CFC tapping up thing made me laugh... just because the rich boys are not the richest any more!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's the same link FD.   ;)

It's a total joke isn't it. I can't wait til City start complaining about Notts County tapping their players up.

tomtom

• forum hero
That's the same link FD.   ;)

It's a total joke isn't it. I can't wait til City start complaining about Notts County tapping their players up.

Excellent, I just had a vision of Elano playing in the equivalent of a ploughed field, on a frosty Saturday in Div 4 (having been lured over from City by Sven) wondering what the fuck he's doing there!!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm sure all this investment from shady sources is going to end in tears for at least one big club in the near future. My money would have been on Chelsea for the simple fact that all it takes is Roman to get tired of his plaything and they are truly fucked. His loans are repayable 18 months from when he says so and the massive contracts a lot of players are tied into coupled with the amount it would take to pay Abramovich off don't exactly make the club an attractive proposition for a buyer. They've just got to pray that he doesn't lose too much more of his fortune! However, having said that, at least the position at Chelsea is clear whereas what's going on at City, Portsmouth etc is far more murky.

On the quiet of course, my club are doing quite alright for a change.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I agree that Chelsea are way more exposed as Abramovich made a loan to Chelsea plc (or whatever they are called) so the debt is on the books.  City on the other hand were gifted the transfer pot (quite what that means in reality is anyones guess).

Sorry about the duplicate link  :oops:

tomtom

• forum hero
Pompey look increasingly in the shit. Esp as they only have 14 or 15 players!!!
(looks like they even failed getting Sam Ricketts!!)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Worst transfer deal ever.

Is it just me or have Barca lost the plot with this? Madness.

tomtom

• forum hero
Worst transfer deal ever.

Is it just me or have Barca lost the plot with this? Madness.

Bonkers. Is Ibrahimovich THAT good? Surely he will just return to petulant twat once away from Morinho?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
He's 27 too so it's not as if they're paying for youth. I reckon Eto and Hleb (albeit for a season) would have been a fair swap without the £38m!!

tomtom

• forum hero
One for you Graham A...

Excellent Geordie quote "its the most horriblest shirt they've ever made"

tomtom

• forum hero
He's 27 too so it's not as if they're paying for youth. I reckon Eto and Hleb (albeit for a season) would have been a fair swap without the £38m!!

Yup, we offered Inter Peter Halamosi AND a genetically youthened Nick Barnby, an old Dean Windass shirt and a years freebies at Greg's and he STILL wouldnt come. Fussy cn*t.  :)

tomtom

• forum hero
Stevie G cleared....  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal