UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1355326 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Forgot to mention they had the audacity to wave "Against Modern Football" placards recently despite the drums, goal music, singing back player names to the score announcer, cheerleaders and the small matter of only existing because of twice ripping off their creditors (2000 & 2010) by going into administration and doing a CVA having spent millions they never had.

The epitome of a winky wanky "modern" football club whose supporters call Brighton fans plastic for our attendance increasing (to the best in the Championship) due to finally after 14 years having a ground that they can all actually fit in (instead of a 7000 capacity athletics stadium) while ignoring the fact that they averaged about 12000 tops until they got into the Premier League.

Crystal Palace (owned by CPFC2010 Ltd) "Against Modern Football" do me a fucking favour.

But well done this season. Cunts.

Sorry, I'll leave it now....

petejh

• forum hero
Forgot to mention they had the audacity to wave "Against Modern Football" placards recently despite the drums, goal music, singing back player names to the score announcer, cheerleaders and the small matter of only existing because of twice ripping off their creditors (2000 & 2010) by going into administration and doing a CVA having spent millions they never had.

Well, it didn't do the economies of the developed world any harm. Oh wait...

(I mean cheerleading and singing back goalscorer's names obviously)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Yaya Toure  :strongbench:  get the fuck in!

tomtom

• forum hero
Yeah yeah yeah... Moneybags etc... :)

Sunderlands revival is the story of the day!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Congrats mate, that's game over for the title.

Also, where is GraemeA?! (opening really expensive wine) And gme? (shaking his head while taking the humble pie out of the fridge)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
It's not over yet mate... Remember QPR two years ago!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
And yeah Sunderland, they've done a brilliant job.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Also, where is GraemeA?! (opening really expensive wine) And gme? (shaking his head while taking the humble pie out of the fridge)

I am in shock Jasper. Looking forward to getting 6 easy points again next year off gme's lot  :tease:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Well I'm starting to get nervous about this evening. The good thing is whatever happens, it can't be as bad as last year.

1. We're not playing Palace.
2. We've crept into the playoffs via the back door rather than finishing 4th.
3. We're not playing Palace.
4. We're total outsiders to win it or even turn Derby over.
5. Derby are favourites to go up.
6. We've done amazingly to get this far considering change of management / injuries / sold players / lack of replacements.
7. We're not playing Palace.

But still, it's the playoffs to get into the bloody Premier League.

I said a few years ago that if we got the stadium built then we would get good attendances (didn't realise quite how good) and we were capable of being a top half of the Championship / chance of going up type club. Lots of people scoffed at me as at the time we were languishing near the bottom of L1 with the worst ground in the Football League. Now we have the best ground outside the Premiership, the 14th best attendance in the whole country and have finished 10th, 4th and 6th. I suppose what I'm saying is, I was right. *superior smug smiley*

Still, despite the fact that I predicted it, it's still hard to believe it's actually happening. I still find every visit to the Amex surreal and emotional and I will always appreciate the good times because I will never forget the really, really shit times when I thought I wasn't even going to have a club to support any more. Supporters of Manchester United and co will never understand any of this and I feel a bit sorry for them. Like those born into riches can never appreciate having a few quid as they've never been on their arse.

A draw would be ok tonight cos I think we can beat Derby away. Come on Brighton.

petejh

• forum hero
And of course if you do get promotion....

you get to play Palace.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah in the league (instead of in the playoffs) which would be great instead of traumatic.

tomtom

• forum hero
Play offs two years on the bounce is a good result... the experience from last year will tide you well...

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
I will always appreciate the good times because I will never forget the really, really shit times when I thought I wasn't even going to have a club to support any more. Supporters of Manchester United and co will never understand any of this and I feel a bit sorry for them. Like those born into riches can never appreciate having a few quid as they've never been on their arse.

:agree: Mansfield are hardly hitting Brighton's heights but we own our ground again and have finished in the top half of the table in our first season back in the league with the feeling like there is something to build on. Chesterfield winning the league wasn't an ideal accompaniment but at least we beat them at their ground ;D.

Brighton looked good when I saw them play in December and seem to have what it takes to get up and even stay up. Fourth playoff place is so often the springboard for success...

The Premier league's been a great season for the neutral, particularly the neutral that hates Man United and Liverpool  :whistle:. Money aside, Pellegrini and City are the most likeable of the contenders to me, particularly with the amazing Yaya Toure, so I'd be glad to see them win it.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Has Mcclaren ever been through the play offs? Can't recall it but I guess he has two-leg experience from eufa cup matches, league cup semis, etc.
Gonna be tight, Derby have been on a great run lately but as we've seen with Liverpool (teehee, boohoo, etc.) these things don't go on and on, they rarely last more than five or six games which is where they're at then the wheels tend to fall off for a couple of games before they get back on track.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Good luck Jasper... As a City fan who knew nothing but hard times and misery for most of my lifetime I can both empathise and tell you that dreams do come true.

kelvin

• forum hero
I've done that play off heartache and then delight with West Ham a few years back. Best of luck Jasper!

tregiffian

• stalker
  • Struggling
If Bradford City can do it..............

rich d

• forum hero
Get in Derby, unlucky jasper....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
One shot on target (penalty) and scored two goals, Derby's keeper man of the match, we should have had 2 penalties, we're better away from home. It's far from over but it was a very frustrating game! Just when you need that bit of luck...... :furious:

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Looking like a Merseyside 123 in the FF and a third win for Crouchy!?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Going for the hatrick and trying not to blow it like the might reds have done over the last 2 game weeks :(

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
This is amazing. All of it but particularly the Ridsdale stuff:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
C'mon City.... Let's bury them this afternoon. :beer2:

tomtom

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal