• Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

tobym

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Interesting Article
May 31, 2009, 08:29:21 pm
Now on the market

UK distributor

interesting, no indication of cost given, though, ain't gonna be affordable, even if it is cheap-looking.

milksnake

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Interesting Article
May 31, 2009, 11:10:13 pm
the question is how much of it is due to the vacuum and haw much is simply the cooling of the hand. would simply putting your hands in iced water have a simmilr effect?. gonna try it next time i have a fingerboard workout.
edit: reading on i see that would simply shut off the blood supply, so im just going to use cool water instead

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#4 Re: Interesting Article
June 01, 2009, 01:26:15 pm
Of course, those of us in the know have been using this principle for years. Simply wrap a wine cooling sleeve (the Velcrotm ones are best for a snug fit) around your wrist and forearm

then push your arm (fist first) into the tube of a Supersize Stallioni Penis Enlargertm - the wine cooler should form a good seal in the end of the suction tube where it goes round the widest part of your forearm. Switch the pump on for 5 minutes and than resume wanking training. It is also worth noting that if you can't get hold a genuine Stallioni unit, the Yossarian Fist Engorgertm has a suction tube of very similar dimensions.

It is important to use a powered pump to avoid getting pumped in the pumping arm.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:42:57 pm by lagerstarfish »

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#5 Re: Interesting Article
June 01, 2009, 02:25:59 pm
Now on the market

UK distributor

interesting, no indication of cost given, though, ain't gonna be affordable, even if it is cheap-looking.

$2,500  :o

tobym

• menacing presence
#6 Re: Interesting Article
June 01, 2009, 03:16:53 pm
I can remember reading stories about how Paula Radcliffe used to sit in a barrel/bath full of iced water, after training runs,for recovery, maybe some of our resident sport scientists could comment on the relevance/significance of such techniques?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#7 Re: Interesting Article
June 01, 2009, 03:43:06 pm
Was that not just to clean up?

tobym

• menacing presence
#8 Re: Interesting Article
June 01, 2009, 03:51:24 pm
think it was intended as more than just a wipe-over with bog-roll :spank:

tobym

• menacing presence
#9 Re: Interesting Article
June 02, 2009, 02:46:21 pm
Cost:

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes they are on sale. They retail at £1,450 UK pounds per unit plus shipment.

Regards

Neill Roy

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#10 Re: Interesting Article
June 02, 2009, 08:36:30 pm
http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2005/julaug/features/cool.html

Wrapping up between redpoints is obviously no longer the way to go.

Anyone care to make an offer for my very fetching retro duvet jacket ?

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#11 Re: Interesting Article
June 02, 2009, 09:44:09 pm
I can remember reading stories about how Paula Radcliffe used to sit in a barrel/bath full of iced water, after training runs,for recovery, maybe some of our resident sport scientists could comment on the relevance/significance of such techniques?
Ready for some shite, misremembered Magpie SCIENCE?  The cold water thing is the same principal as my snowboarding mates who used to sit in the snow naked after a day's 'boarding.  The cold water/snow makes your veins contract which forces the lactic (or possibly some other type of) acid through them and means you don't get the same crampy sore feeling in your muscles the next day, the crampy sore ache is apparently caused by the acid produced by exercise building up in your veins and needing to be pushed through, by getting really cold you force this to happen earlier rather than later so you don't get the pain the next day.

This could all be utter bullshit but is how it was explained to me.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#12 Re: Interesting Article
June 02, 2009, 09:46:15 pm

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#13 Re: Interesting Article
June 02, 2009, 11:57:50 pm
I'll have you know that the BRYCS kids on their day trip to Malham the other day said it was 'cool' - and they weren't taking the piss - not that an old fart like you would know what was cool - though to be fair you do seem to do a reasonable trade in flogging gear. I got it 2nd hand off an old guy called Neville in Stockport in the mid 90's who had a garage full of stuff. I think he was just a gear freak who enjoyed trading stuff but we were never sure and referred to him as 'Nev the Fence'. Any relation ?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#14 Re: Interesting Article
June 03, 2009, 12:03:07 am
not that an old fart like you would know what was cool

Now now, i am not thirty till next Wednesday  ;)

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#15 Re: Interesting Article
June 03, 2009, 02:15:36 pm
Cost:

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes they are on sale. They retail at £1,450 UK pounds per unit plus shipment.

Regards

Neill Roy

So they are selling a rather simple looking cooling unit for £1,450, offering no more than anecdotal evidence that it works?

biscuit

• menacing presence
#16 Re: Interesting Article
June 05, 2009, 06:14:32 pm
the question is how much of it is due to the vacuum and haw much is simply the cooling of the hand. would simply putting your hands in iced water have a simmilr effect?. gonna try it next time i have a fingerboard workout.
edit: reading on i see that would simply shut off the blood supply, so im just going to use cool water instead

I did the Dave Mac cool/cold water finger recovery trick a while back and could feel the cold blood travelling back up my arm.

It felt minging but seems to be the same idea for the cost of water + a few ice cubes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal