UKBouldering.com

Elbow friendly alternatives to front levers/leg raises (Read 1716 times)

i.munro

• junky
I was working on these on non-climbing days but the last thing I need at the moment is any further stress on my elbows.

Anty thoughts? I know about planks supermans etc but they don't feel so 'sport specific'.

chillax

• forum abuser
From the makers of the beast.....

"Ground levers: look stupid but are nails. Lie on your back and with your arms by your waist kick your legs up to near vertical and lower them as slowly as possible infront of you. (you may have to tuck your legs in)  ground levers also help deep lock on steep stuff, they also nail the triceps."

Probably wouldn't put as much strain on the elbows as front levers.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
I just tried this. I presume it should be:

"Ground levers: look stupid but are nails. Lie on your back and with your arms by your waist kick your legs, bum and lower back up to near vertical and lower them as slowly as possible infront of you. Your bum and lower back should only touch the ground at the same time as your feet. (you may have to tuck your legs in)  ground levers also help deep lock on steep stuff, they also nail the triceps."

Paul B

• forum hero
Ground levers... genius. I'm pretty sure the more common name is "lying leg raise"...a lot less poetic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal