UKBouldering.com

Alsaciens in the Peak (Read 3749 times)

Palomides

• forum abuser
Alsaciens in the Peak
May 26, 2009, 08:44:06 am
No, not that kind (woof woof), but the kind of 9a-crushing euro-wad that comes from Alsace in France.

I guess everyone here already knows about this, as most of you seem to be habitués of Raven Tor, but there're some pics too Escalade dans le Peak District 2009

Pierre Bollinger had a fucked finger, but did Keen Roof ("hardest problem on UK limestone"!), Seraphim ("opened by the talented Ruppert Davis"), Rattle and Hum(p), Pump up the Power, Out of my tree, Revelations, London Wall, Edge Lane and Balance it is.

Thomas Leleu (who I think writes the Alsace reports for Grimper magazine) did Wild in me, Rattle and Hum(p), Archangel and came back for a weekend to finish Balance it is.

The thing which seems to have impressed them the most is how harsh the grading at Raven Tor is!

nodder

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Alsaciens in the Peak
May 26, 2009, 09:51:33 am
Nice, hardest problem on uk limestone eh?  Looks like we all need to keep banging the Gaskins drum Doylo, they still aint getting it.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2 Re: Alsaciens in the Peak
May 26, 2009, 09:58:29 am
("hardest problem on UK limestone"!)

One of many that are harder!  ;)

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: Alsaciens in the Peak
May 26, 2009, 10:25:22 am
To be fair on them, Keen Roof is described as the hardest problem on british lime on James' profile here:
http://www2.thenorthface.com/sa/athletes/athletes-JP.html, so they've only googled it.

What I want to know though, is how they found out my stage name, "The Talented Ruppert"

Doylo

• forum hero
#4 Re: Alsaciens in the Peak
May 26, 2009, 10:41:29 am
Nice, hardest problem on uk limestone eh?  Looks like we all need to keep banging the Gaskins drum Doylo, they still aint getting it.

Charles

• addict
#5 Re: Alsaciens in the Peak
May 26, 2009, 10:49:50 am
The thing which seems to have impressed them the most is how harsh the grading at Raven Tor is!

Quote from: Frenchies
Hooligans (2 ascensions) : 8a+ bloc + 8b falaise (sur 4 mètres, donc 8b en force!) sans le moindre repos possible....cotation annoncée 8c...Chez nous 8a+ bloc c'est déjà 8c !!

Essentially saying that for them, the 8a+ boulder problem start would already warrant the F8c grade, so adding an F8b with no rest must justify a harder French grade!

That's more than harsh!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal