UKBouldering.com

Sunday Lunch, Leeds (Read 4221 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Sunday Lunch, Leeds
May 23, 2009, 09:06:55 pm
Need a place to go for Sunday Lunch (not necessarily a roast) in Leeds tomorrow with the parents. Their paying so not massively fancy yet not Wetherspoons.

Any recommendations?

HiFi could be could but last time the music was a touch loud so talking wasn't really an option and the food wasn't amazing.
Red Chilli the Chinese restaurant comes highly recommended so unless someone tops that I think we'll go there.

205Chris

• forum hero
#1 Re: Sunday Lunch, Leeds
May 23, 2009, 09:13:43 pm
If you can venture out of town then I'd recommend the Lord Darcy:

http://www.pub-explorer.com/thepubs/lorddarcyalwoodley.htm

They do a really good carvery for about 8 quid a head. That was where I used to head when the parents were paying back in my student days.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#2 Re: Sunday Lunch, Leeds
May 24, 2009, 12:45:07 am
There's a really good vegetarian curry house close to the city centre but you'd need to ask Joe Picalli for the precise location. The Darbar in town is also excellent, continuing the curry theme..

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: Sunday Lunch, Leeds
May 24, 2009, 02:13:53 am
The White hart (IIRC) in Pool - next to Otley (with tempting views of Almscliff!!) Great grub. A wee bit posh, but an ideal parent bringing place. AND if you can swing it, a quick pop up to the cliff afterwards??? they can wander around etc.. whilst you get a quick fix??? win win win win!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#4 Re: Sunday Lunch, Leeds
May 24, 2009, 11:15:50 am
Not sure if a roast is on the menu (probably?) but La Cafitiere has to be a good option? Enjoyed many a sunday in there with the ex-girlf.
Another classic trip was out to the Cow and Calf ont Ilkley Moor. Surely a good roast there?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Re: Sunday Lunch, Leeds
June 03, 2009, 01:48:50 pm

Me and Ms Bubbs are doing sum culture stuff in Leeds this weekend - any recommendations for quality cheap evening (pre or post theatre) venues.

Something like a Leeds equivalent of Sheffield's Silversmiths?

I don't know Leeds for shit so don't know where to start.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal