UKBouldering.com

Eastern Edges Today (Read 803172 times)

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#825 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 09:11:01 pm
Was at the 'other' end of Cratcliffe today. Some damp holds in Hueco Wall traverse, but mostly ok. Percy's Roof was pretty dirty too. Think I managed the 7A through piles of wet leaves. The 7A+ arete, and top of the 7B were covered in moss.

Tried T Crack on the way back too, (there was a large in situ group when we walked in), which felt dry, and sticky (still too hard), but it was caked in chalk when we got there. Even worse than normal.

We gave it a good scrub before and after trying it, but it didn't make much difference.

rothers

#826 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 09:41:18 pm
Well as part of that group that was trying it I can say that it was in the exact same condition when we arrived. No chalk was placed on the holds by any member of our group, other than normal transfer from hand to rock. Constant brushing before and after climbing and leaving it in as best a condition as possible. So, in effect, you made as much a contribution to any of the mess as any member of that large in situ group. Please refrain from any cowardly accusations and if you have a problem come and discuss it at the crag. I understand it might be easier for you to take a nice photo to show your friends, but I'm sure we could have had a perfectly amiable discussion. Good luck with the problem next time. If you need some beta perhaps come and ask.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#827 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 09:52:34 pm
Well as part of that group that was trying it I can say that it was in the exact same condition when we arrived. No chalk was placed on the holds by any member of our group, other than normal transfer from hand to rock. Constant brushing before and after climbing and leaving it in as best a condition as possible. So, in effect, you made as much a contribution to any of the mess as any member of that large in situ group. Please refrain from any cowardly accusations and if you have a problem come and discuss it at the crag. I understand it might be easier for you to take a nice photo to show your friends, but I'm sure we could have had a perfectly amiable discussion. Good luck with the problem next time. If you need some beta perhaps come and ask.

chill your boots he wasn't accusing your group at all from what I read? just saying it was muchly chalk fucked

tomtom

• forum hero
#828 Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 09:55:29 pm

chill your boots he wasn't accusing your group at all from what I read? just saying it was muchly chalk fucked

+1

rich d

• forum hero
#829 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 09:57:52 pm

+1
Bit of an over reaction there fella +2

rothers

#830 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 09:59:40 pm

And yet the implication that it was much worse than normal because there was a large in situ group, was present in his post.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#831 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 10:04:48 pm
I never suggested that the large group were to blame. In fact I even suggested that it's 'normal' state is chalk covered. I merely gave a short explaination as to why we went to Percy's roof (which seemingly no-one ever goes to).

cofe

• forum hero
#832 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 10:06:38 pm
It gets cleaned every season, but you'd be surprised how fast moss etc can grow back.

rothers

#833 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 10:07:24 pm
I never suggested that the large group were to blame. In fact I even suggested that it's 'normal' state is chalk covered. I merely gave a short explaination as to why we went to Percy's roof (which seemingly no-one ever goes to).

Well if there wasn't any intended correlation between you pointing out this large group, and you also stating that the chalk covering was worse than normal, then I apologise.

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#834 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 10:16:22 pm
cum hoc ergo propter hoc?

:yawn:

rothers

#835 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 14, 2012, 10:22:01 pm
cum hoc ergo propter hoc?

:yawn:

True. A common logical fallacy.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#836 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 15, 2012, 08:12:55 pm
Will a trip over the pass be worth it tomorrow?

And to save a seperate post, will Nuda's Tartan be dry on Wednesday considering.g the rain will be coming?

Thanks

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#837 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 16, 2012, 08:55:05 am
we were at Nudas Tartan after we got rained off Rowtor the week. it seemed fine in the rain but it was my first and only visit there so cant say its always ok. Some great stuff there as well!

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#838 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 16, 2012, 09:08:42 am
It's been good in the rain for me too. Mist/drizzle will get it wet though.

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
  • I'm not actually much of a lad.
#839 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 16, 2012, 09:15:22 am
Will a trip over the pass be worth it tomorrow?

And to save a seperate post, will Nuda's Tartan be dry on Wednesday considering.g the rain will be coming?

Thanks

Brightening up now, still a few showers but very windy so when the sun comes out most places should be ok hopefully

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
#840 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 16, 2012, 07:48:02 pm
T'was good today at curbar, windy and cold. Too windy at baslow on top though guess flatworld would have been mint. Deteriorated in evening but still good.

mark20

• junky
#841 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 16, 2012, 08:41:00 pm
Good conditions at the Plantation late this afternoon, not too windy though I didn't venture up to the edge proper. Then the wind died down and it felt quite mild

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#842 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 17, 2012, 11:13:13 am
Too windy at baslow on top though...

Don't suppose you know whether there are currently puddles under the Eagle stone?

lurcher

• regular
#843 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 17, 2012, 11:19:50 am
Too windy at baslow on top though...

Don't suppose you know whether there are currently puddles under the Eagle stone?

walked past eagle stone yesterday evening. Generally pretty wet underneath, some big puddles

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#844 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 17, 2012, 11:58:46 am
Thought as much. Cheers.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#845 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 22, 2012, 10:05:27 am
Is it worth a trip over? Looks pretty abysmal on the Outside webcam.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#846 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 22, 2012, 10:21:40 am
No, gopping in S1, misty and drizzly and no doubt worse up in the Peak.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#847 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 22, 2012, 10:26:44 am
Nice one Slackers, saved me a trip.

205Chris

• forum hero
#848 Re: Eastern Edges Today
October 28, 2012, 09:14:30 am
Only went as far as Burbage but it's looking pretty grim at the moment for anyone who was thinking of heading out.

Gritlad

• obsessive maniac
#849 Re: Eastern Edges Today
November 01, 2012, 08:02:04 pm
Curbar was very good today,cold and windy, got no hail or rain at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal