UKBouldering.com

Aparant North, Stannage, New problems (Read 21242 times)

Shy Yorkshireman

• regular
    • climblox
I think this thread went way wrong somewhere. If the crux of a problem is not putting your arm or leg or whole body on the boulder that's an inch away is it worth climbing let alone claiming? Having ventured out and done/try'd these new classics i can quite safely say (sorry boys) these are not.

I'll put my willy away now!

dave k

• obsessive maniac
there's stuff being claimed recently in the churnet that boyson and others would have done years ago.at least down there its out of the way,we came across a big bouldering roof about 5 minutes up and left behind gentlemans rock that has been cleaned and chalked.i doubt that the old timers climbed on that tho.would have been passed of as not worth it.

Greeting Mark- Not worth it or not possible? Not certain there were many 7c roofs around in those days!

There is definitely a need to record new problems. I assumed after climbing an old project (50 pence at Gentlemans) that it MUST have been done before (by Boyson or other Churnet regular), so didn`t bother to report it.

People should report any decent problems they feel are new- clearly it won`t be a first ascent if someone else makes a retro claim. But atleast we will know of the problems existance.

It is true that most problems and variants (below 7a) at the major crags were probably done at some point in the last 30 years. But if it is a decent problem/area then there is still a benefit to sharing it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal