UKBouldering.com

Climbing hold manufacturerz in trouble ? (Read 9838 times)

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
Doubtless i'll get abuse for posting this - but in my experience, holdz holds are the most skin-unfriendly bolt-ons available. TCA Bristol use them pretty much exclusively and its the only place where i fail regularly to complete circuits because of the pain and not the pump.

I've only been there once, and i thought that. All a bit samey.

I still think the best holds were pusher.

north_country_boy

• junky
Doubtless i'll get abuse for posting this - but in my experience, holdz holds are the most skin-unfriendly bolt-ons available. TCA Bristol use them pretty much exclusively and its the only place where i fail regularly to complete circuits because of the pain and not the pump.

I would have to agree also. The old pusher and s7 holds were great because they were simple, nice texture, basic and smooth......

Bleaustone showed the way with their texture, they are so much friendly than Holdz, without sacrificing on friction........

Simon S

• menacing presence

:agree: about the holdz. Prefer Core Climbing, Bleaustone and French Rock, myself.

TCA seem to be extending the ranges of holds that they are using. Lots more Core ones and on Friday they looked to be adding what I think are some Beacon ones (but I may be wrong, definitely a new manufacturer though).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Don't like Core from what I found at the Works. Bleaustone are pretty flawless. Pusher always seem good. Some HRT ones are good, some less good.

All about smoothish, skin friendly designs, well rounded, and that any and all features, details, design bits are part of making an interesting climbing surface, not just for the sake of it.

Paul B

• forum hero
I have to say that the new Holdz tufa at the works is pretty funky, I bet it would be great up the foundry troll wall or somewhere equally as steep.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal