UKBouldering.com

Climbing hold manufacturerz in trouble ? (Read 9829 times)

Burnsie

Right - posted this on the other side and it got deleted.
So signed up here (been lurking for long enough) - most of the Scottish lot know who I am so no I’ve not just signed up to cause trouble !

Ordered a load of holds from a well known manufacturer at the beginning of feb and they still haven't turned up.....
I've emailed and phoned and haven't got very far - does anyone know if said manufacturer are in trouble ?
I'm at the point where I’m about to phone my credit card company and claim the money back.

I'd prefer not to - and just get hold of my hold(z).

Anyone else having similar issues ????    :(

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Just get them from Dylan?

north_country_boy

• junky
Trying contacting Steve through Facebook, he has recently added pictures of new ranges of holds, so don't think they are in 'trouble' as you suggest.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
They make those bloody wobbly knobbly things that Awesome walls are infested with, don't they??

I'd say you're having a lucky escape ;)

HOLDZ

Well why don't you try ringing me or emailing me with your order number and i can sort this instead of posting on climbing forums?

If you don't leave your name on any of these postings how am i to guess who you are?

I'm in the office all day today, so if you get in touch with me i will sort this out.

I'm sure you still have your order confirmation email, reply to that and send me a new email just incase the spam filter is picking you up.

Your credit card will not have been charged, cos we only charge your card once the goods have been packed for dispatch.

Cheers
Steve
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:21:07 am by HOLDZ, Reason: cos i had time to think about this on the way upto work. »

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Well why don't you try ringing me or emailing me with your order number and i can sort this.

Hmm, have you read his post?

Ordered a load of holds from a well known manufacturer at the beginning of feb and they still haven't turned up.....
I've emailed and phoned and haven't got very far - does anyone know if said manufacturer are in trouble ?
I'm at the point where I’m about to phone my credit card company and claim the money back.

I'd prefer not to - and just get hold of my hold(z).

Anyone else having similar issues ????    :(

Burnsie

Steve has been in contact and assures me he will get this sorted - I'll post up when the holds arrive.  :-\

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Steve has been in contact and assures me he will get this sorted - I'll post up when the holds arrive.  :-\

Well he is still carving holds going by his facebook status...

"Holdz climbing equipment  can't decide what to carve next"

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Something smooth and curvey and interesting but in a subtle way. The non-blobby Holdz are good.

HOLDZ

:-\ the new stuff isn't bobbly....

piggy back hold...

there's still about 67 more shapes to photograph, all big new slopey things!

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Pretty colours! [/girl]

Simon S

• menacing presence

I hope that they are more comfortable to use than they look.  :-\

Burnsie

Holdz arrived this morning  :) Plus quite a few extras - Cheers steve  :)

This site is a credit to free speach - as i mentioned it got deleted on the other side.
Maybe you should spend less time powerwashing boulders  ;) or speak to sloper about some legal representation.

I'll get them up on the board and post up on readers woodys but not just yet as i'm off to mingulay  :beer2:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

I hope that they are more comfortable to use than they look.  :-\

That snap-gate is actually 3000mm long and the purple resin boulders are very nice and rounded

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Better than the blobs but I share Simon's concerns. My 0:02 as a user.

HOLDZ

they are, you have to find the best way to hold 'em thou.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
My 0:02 as a user.

Is that Sterling or Euro? Hope you're not offering "V" grades.

north_country_boy

• junky
Holdz aim to be:
".... more realistic to an 'outdoor' experience of climbing..." & "...make climbing indoors a more realistic experience with the best shapes you can get your hands on. These shapes are ones that you can translate to outdoor climbing..."

Just out of interest............ What are the new range aiming to replicate?

HOLDZ

never said they were replicate anything. Wait till you get your hands on 'em, you'll see...

Paul B

• forum hero
just what you want... maybe stick a sharp lip on some of the jugs! That'll learn em for slapping.

Simon S

• menacing presence

Fingers crossed that they are.....but judging by the middle one of the three closest to the krab........it looks like the obsession with the blobs and deep grooves are still evident.

north_country_boy

• junky
never said they were replicate anything. Wait till you get your hands on 'em, you'll see...

Replication or not, they are meant to be 'realistic'? in relation to what? An oversized Liquorice Allsort? Oversized Raspberries?

I wait with excitement to sample the new delights......... :-\

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Closest thing is some sandstone imo.

Simple is always better imo, save any complexities for the actual bit of the hold on holds, and do so with a purpose.

P.S. Yes it was V0.02 ;)

Three Nine

• forum hero
Doubtless i'll get abuse for posting this - but in my experience, holdz holds are the most skin-unfriendly bolt-ons available. TCA Bristol use them pretty much exclusively and its the only place where i fail regularly to complete circuits because of the pain and not the pump.

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
Doubtless i'll get abuse for posting this - but in my experience, holdz holds are the most skin-unfriendly bolt-ons available. TCA Bristol use them pretty much exclusively and its the only place where i fail regularly to complete circuits because of the pain and not the pump.

I've only been there once, and i thought that. All a bit samey.

I still think the best holds were pusher.

north_country_boy

• junky

I would have to agree also. The old pusher and s7 holds were great because they were simple, nice texture, basic and smooth......

Bleaustone showed the way with their texture, they are so much friendly than Holdz, without sacrificing on friction........

Simon S

• menacing presence

:agree: about the holdz. Prefer Core Climbing, Bleaustone and French Rock, myself.

TCA seem to be extending the ranges of holds that they are using. Lots more Core ones and on Friday they looked to be adding what I think are some Beacon ones (but I may be wrong, definitely a new manufacturer though).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Don't like Core from what I found at the Works. Bleaustone are pretty flawless. Pusher always seem good. Some HRT ones are good, some less good.

All about smoothish, skin friendly designs, well rounded, and that any and all features, details, design bits are part of making an interesting climbing surface, not just for the sake of it.

Paul B

• forum hero
I have to say that the new Holdz tufa at the works is pretty funky, I bet it would be great up the foundry troll wall or somewhere equally as steep.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal