UKBouldering.com

Working scar tissue out of a muscle. (Read 2615 times)

erm

• player
Working scar tissue out of a muscle.
May 08, 2009, 12:51:48 pm
So about 18 months ago managed to tear the muscles (not complete rupture mind) which flex the ring and little fingers of my right hand. I saw a doctor about it at the time, followed the advice and it held up pretty well.

However I still seem to a have a bundle scar tissue in the muscle. So that when I open hand with a large portion of theload on the ring figure I can feel it. Being rather scared of knackering it again I have avoid stuff which hurts the muscle, this is normally on pockets or sloppy edges and never on crimps.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to work the scar tissue out of the muscle?

Paul B

• forum hero
Deep friction massage seems to be the way?

erm

• player
I have tried to find out how you do but can't really find anything on the net. Do you happen to have descent resource.

Also is it best to do it with a lay off or carry on with climbing?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Use your thumb by pinching directly with thumb and rest of fingers on the most painful spot (usually a lump)  in small circular motions, so that the skin is moving undery your thumb, but there is no movement between skin and thumb, if that makes sense. Enough pressure to feel it hurting, but not intense pain. Do it after a bit of light warming up. Works for me anyway, I am sure a more medically qualified person will be along shortly if this is wrong.

If it is healed and now recovering, light loading is good, just don't go mental on it yet.

erm

• player
Okay, cool. I will give it a go.

Thanks guys.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Deep friction massage seems to be the way?

That's so medieval.

Dude, you need to slice that muscle open and go in hard w/ electricity; give it something to think about, likesay.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
What voltage do you recommend? And AC or DC? Would have thought AC would be best to get it really twitchin!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
AC from a household source is sufficient, really got to work that baby loose.  I'd avoid the ring main your cooker's on tho', don't want you burning that limb to a stump FFS.  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal