UKBouldering.com

Chalk alternative please (Read 4006 times)

thekettle

• menacing presence
    • johnkettle.com
Chalk alternative please
April 01, 2009, 07:26:27 pm
Evening all,
due to the appearance of a tiny baby in our hose a new level of cleanliness is required, and I've been banned from using chalk on the kitchen fingerboard :(. Its wooden, can anyone recommmend any non-dusty alternatives?
John

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Chalk alternative please
April 01, 2009, 07:39:21 pm
Evening all,
due to the appearance of a tiny baby in our hose a new level of cleanliness is required, and I've been banned from using chalk on the kitchen fingerboard :(. Its wooden, can anyone recommmend any non-dusty alternatives?
John

Liquid Chalk, available at Decathlon and some climbing shops.  Sam W uses it and your lady can even use it for pole dancing...

Applications are not just for climbing, other activities like Pole Dancing, Golf, Gymnastics and Bowling all use MegaGrip Liquid Chalk.

On a more serious note, isn't that a little paranoid on the cleanliness levels.  It actually benefits kids to be exposed to alergens and dirt as it stimulates the immune system (and breast-feeding confers the added benefit of antigens in the milk to aid the young 'uns immune system, or something like that). 

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#2 Re: Chalk alternative please
April 01, 2009, 07:42:58 pm
How about breast milk? ???

thekettle

• menacing presence
    • johnkettle.com
#3 Re: Chalk alternative please
April 01, 2009, 07:47:02 pm
Cheers Slack-line will try it. It would be paranoid to your average baby, but ours was born in mid Feb although due in early may (11 weeks premature) so isn't at the 'feed-them-soil-to-toughen-them-up' stage yet. More the 'what am I doing-out-of-the-womb?' stage.
As for mothers milk, I have observed its great stickiness and wondered wether 5.10's secret is out of the bag..

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#4 Re: Chalk alternative please
April 01, 2009, 07:54:21 pm
We too had a little 'un. (2 pound 5), when using the kitchen fingerboard I used to do (still do) 2 things.
Firstly, wait till the mrs goes out. Then I can do what I like, more or less....
Secondly, Carefully apply a touch of chalk to my tips by caressing the inner of my chalkbag so as not to create a cloud. (No french blows etc..)This is done on the cellar steps as the kitchen floor is black granite and I value my testicles too much to leave ANY evidence of chalk usage.

No probs yet, and that was 4 years ago...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: Chalk alternative please
April 01, 2009, 07:59:25 pm
Cheers Slack-line will try it. It would be paranoid to your average baby, but ours was born in mid Feb although due in early may (11 weeks premature) so isn't at the 'feed-them-soil-to-toughen-them-up' stage yet. More the 'what am I doing-out-of-the-womb?' stage.

Fair do's, that angle hadn't even occured to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal