UKBouldering.com

almscliff/caley conditions this (fri) PM.. (Read 2066 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
almscliff/caley conditions this (fri) PM..
March 27, 2009, 09:38:51 am
Hello, just a quick Q, was hoping to stop off at the 'cliff on my way over west, but as its blowing quite alot here (in 'ull) that normally means its VERY windy at the 'cliff.. From memory Caley's normally better in blustery conditions (less exposed) any local beta on whether it'd be worth a trip this afternoon?  :shrug:
Thanks in advance, T

Stabbsy

• junky
It's also pretty blustery in York, so I'd guess it could be a bit wild at Almscliff. The wind's westerly (as far as I can tell from being sat in an office), so there won't be much that's sheltered. Caley might be a better bet, although it has rained a bit here on the last few nights so might still be a bit damp.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
The cliff will be a nightmare if god's wind keeps blowing. I'd sack it off for Caley - it's in mint condition at the mo!!

Stubbs

Didn't look quite so mint when I drove past this morning after the rain last night, but with the wind enough stuff should be dry for a circuit by this evening.

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
Oh yeah. Rain makes things wet  :-[

It's been amazing conditions there recently though.

tomtom

• forum hero
Thanks Gents,
I'll keep an eye on the rain radar and if its looking clear give Caley a whirl.. had my eye on New Jerusalem for a while now...  :)
Tom

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Almscliff?? We'll wave to you as you're en-route to Denmark :)

tomtom

• forum hero
Almscliff?? We'll wave to you as you're en-route to Denmark :)
;D indeed! Just checked the rain radar and looking sketchy.. might hold my fire until sunday - cliff/caley is about an hour and a bit detour... Shame, was hoping to get out...

Robl

• addict
  • A bit of an animal
did you get out Doc?? I'm heading over to caley this aftee with Guns middleton I'm gonna tick New J' before you lol  :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :great:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal