UKBouldering.com

sea 2 sea in a one'er! (Read 3107 times)

chappers

• forum hero
sea 2 sea in a one'er!
March 22, 2009, 09:02:50 pm
Hey guys, i was just sending emails out to promote my just giving page and i thought i would put a message up here too...(i hope you dont mind Bubba).

Last year, my best mate David "little dave" morris sadly passed away (heart problem in his early 20s) I was lucky enough to spend Dave's last week with him on a cycling holiday in France.

The day before he passed away he and i spoke about riding the sea 2 sea cycle route non stop one day together. The route is a 140 mile ride from Whitehaven to Sunderland.

In memory of Dave, (and the fact i don't want him thinking I'm a pussy for not going through with the challenge) a group of 6 of us are going to ride it on June 13th 2009.

I have decided to support the mountain rescue service, the charity that David's mum and dad chose for his funeral collection. (Haydn will be riding the last 50 miles of the ride with us and Kathy is going to support us in her car - just like a pro team!!).

please donate here: http://www.justgiving.com/sea2sea4dave

your support is gratefully received.

Chris.

i thought it might appeal to you guys because of the mtn rescue link.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: sea 2 sea in a one'er!
March 22, 2009, 09:13:30 pm
(i hope you dont mind Bubba)
No problems Chris :)

chappers

• forum hero
#2 Re: sea 2 sea in a one'er!
June 11, 2009, 11:06:56 am
just wanted to say thanks to the people who have donated to the page. we have raised about 1000 quid, people have been very generous indeed.

although i feel like people have "bet" me 1000 quid that i cant ride the 140 odd miles!!

matthew

• menacing presence
#3 Re: sea 2 sea in a one'er!
June 11, 2009, 11:11:28 am
I would recommend finishing in Tynemouth not Sunderland. Sunderland is a pit of despair. Tynemouth is quite nice and pretty. I live next to Tynemouth so if you want a free cuppa and maybe some grub for you and your support team let me know.
 I'm considering doing it next Easter so I'll be interested in how you go on.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: sea 2 sea in a one'er!
June 11, 2009, 11:52:00 am
I think your generous offer is a bit late.

Nice one chappers.

chappers

• forum hero
#5 Re: sea 2 sea in a one'er!
June 11, 2009, 12:17:50 pm
thanks for the offer matthew, but like chris says its all booked to finish and stay in sunderland.

i have been there before, it is indeed one of the worst places i have ever been. i had to get changed in burger king toilets.

thanks alot for the support you guys!

chappers

• forum hero
#6 Re: sea 2 sea in a one'er!
June 16, 2009, 09:53:04 pm

at the start in whitehaven.

between keswick and penrith.

at the finish in sunderland.

Thanks again all who were so generous with their money, we all found it a little overwhelming to be honest. it was lovely to ride the majority of the route with Dave's dad, a little over a year following his death, it was great to remind his family that we are still thinking about them and Dave. What next year i wonder (i suggested a meal where we get together and remember when we rode the coast to coast in a day).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal