UKBouldering.com

Recommend a Protein supplement. (Read 20156 times)

webbo

• forum hero
#50 Re: Recommend a Protein supplement.
June 26, 2009, 08:17:58 am
isn't the recovery stuff designed more for aerobic athletes i.e. runners/cyclists where a workout is gonna burn off a couple of thousand cals rather a climbing/weight session which might hurt your arms but probably doesn't use that many cals.
i've got a heart rate monitor which has a calories used function which is based age,max heart rate,sex and weight.so its a rough guide.when i've worn doing weights it shows i burn off very little as your heart rate doesn't go that high and it peaks and drops quickly when resting.
cycling will burn off between 450 and 650 an hour depending on the effort put in.
so you need to replace the glycogen in your liver to recover hence the carbs.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#51 Re: Recommend a Protein supplement.
July 12, 2009, 08:29:27 am
I don't fancy whey protein as I don't react too well to milk products. Anyone used the Pea Protein from myprotein, or any of the other non-whey proteins for that matter?

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#52 Re: Recommend a Protein supplement.
July 12, 2009, 08:51:34 am
My mate Owen was using the Pea Protein and has swapped back to promax, as the pea protein tasted utterly foul apparently!

JonI

• regular
#53 Re: Recommend a Protein supplement.
July 13, 2009, 07:58:30 pm
I've found soy protein mixed with sweetened soy milk to be a pretty palatable alternative to milk and whey, worth trying if you're lactose intolerant.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal