UKBouldering.com

Boardman bikes at Halfrauds? (Read 3409 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Boardman bikes at Halfrauds?
March 18, 2009, 07:57:57 am
To peeps.

The cycle to work scheme as reopened with my employer and I am pretty much limited to what's available from Halfords to pick my new bike. I had a nosey at my local branch and came across the Chris Boardman range. Now I ain't a fool and know Mr Boardman wasn't riding mountain bikes when he won at the olypmics but these bikes looked really well made and with a decent spec as well.

The model I have ordered is the Boardman Comp FS, spec includes:

Rockshox Ario 2:1 rear shock
Rockshox Rwcon 335 front shock
SRAM X7/X5 gearing
Avia Juocy 3 hydraulic brakes
Truvativ Firex GXP
Ritchey pro wheels and finishing kit

It is a really sweet ride and weighs 13.2kg so not stupidly heavy either. I was wondering if any of the knowledgable collective of UKB had any views on my choice? Read any reviews etc?

Cheers.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Boardman bikes at Halfrauds?
March 18, 2009, 08:11:50 am
No comment on the bike, but Halfrauds should be able to order you any bike you want.  At least in Sheffield they can, and they just got to JE James and order it through them.  Worth asking/checking with someone in your local Halfords if this is the case.

You might also find an alternative dealer at www.cyclescheme.co.uk just stick in your postcode at the bottom.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Boardman bikes at Halfrauds?
March 18, 2009, 08:12:10 am
Although it might be a bit late, some info here on getting bikes from Halfords. http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,11150.0.html

No idea on Boardman mountain bikes, but plenty of reviews if you google it. From what I can see, looks like a good no frills bike. Enjoy it.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#3 Re: Boardman bikes at Halfrauds?
June 12, 2009, 09:39:00 pm
Picked up my new bike tonight!!! :thumbsup:

Super happy, rode it home and was suitably impressed. Need to tinker with it to get it exactly how I want it but so far so good. Also got a heap of acessories as well as part of the deal so mega chuffed. Hoping to get out on the beast properly on Sunday with a trip to the North Face Trail at Griesdale Forest.

Sweeeeeeeet!!!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4 Re: Boardman bikes at Halfrauds?
June 13, 2009, 09:13:58 am
Picked up my new bike tonight!!! :thumbsup:

Super happy, rode it home and was suitably impressed. Need to tinker with it to get it exactly how I want it but so far so good. Also got a heap of acessories as well as part of the deal so mega chuffed. Hoping to get out on the beast properly on Sunday with a trip to the North Face Trail at Griesdale Forest.

Sweeeeeeeet!!!

Excellent  :thumbsup:

Did the North Face trail there a month or so ago when I was staying near Conniston, its quite good (but I'm not a great MTBer)

Enjoy.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5 Re: Boardman bikes at Halfrauds?
June 13, 2009, 10:36:55 am
I've done it once before but that was on my old Cannondale hardtail so I am looking forward to a little more comfort this time. It's going to take a few trips to get the rebound set up on the rear shock but so far so good.

The most bizarre thing was the great customer service I got from Halfords!! The guy was really professional and actually discounted a few things for me. A pleasent surprise.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal